What are the chances...

Katy

Mouseketeer
of getting a reservation last minute? We'll be at Seaworld in August and my son "says" he'd like to swim with the dolphins, but is afraid of the stingrays - whenever we see the Orlando commercial with the stingrays he says "no way would I do that".
I'd like to spend a day at seaworld and see how he does and then maybe try to book a last minute visit for 3 to DC. Does this make any sense? We'll be there mid August.

Well, first off, he has nothing to fear with the stingrays.. they are harmless. They dont hurt, they aren't scary, and they dont bite you!

We spent a good part of the day at the juvenile stingray lagoon, and the stingrays kept on swimming near DH and sort of flapping thier sides for my DH to feed them!

They don't hurt at all, and they really are just fun, and really if he doenst' like that part, there are so many other parts of DC to go to....the snorkeling, the aviary, the lazy river, or lay on the beach.

As for last minute availabilty, you may find something. It never hurts to try I guess. They do impose penalties on guests if they cancel the existing reservations within a specified time frame. Some people may rather pay the cancellation fee, instead of not going.

It never hurts to try. You can probably email and ask them historically what has been happening. We booked our late August swim maybe two months out. (Can't remember the actual date!)

Remember you get seven days FREE seaworld tickets included on your Discovery Cove package..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter