What are the chances of a soft opening? toy story land

Jen cook

Mouseketeer
just found out the toy story land we want to see at WDW doesn't open until 6/30! We are there 6/16-26. so now on phone trying to change reservations through Costco. I’m not sure it’s changeable.

What are the chances here will be a soft opening for NON-AP?

We chose WDW for our sons graduation trip because Toy Story was such a big part of him growing up, and he really wanted to experience Toy story land.

I’m nearly in tears, and feel
Silly as this truly is a first world problem.

Thanks,

Good luck.

We were at DL 2 weeks before Cars Land opened.:sad:

We could see them testing the rides from our balcony.

We have never been back, but maybe in a couple years?

We are kind of in the same boat as we are there June 18th-June 28th. We talked a lot this weekend about changing our dates, but ultimately decided against it. There is no guarantee that if we push our days back that we’ll get on any of the rides. I think it is going to be unbelievably packed and we don’t want to spend hours waiting for two rides. That being said, we are hoping for a soft opening. We are kind of going with the mindset that if we are there and there is a soft opening, awesome! If there is no soft opening, it’s okay. We’ll be back in 2020 and can experience the land then, hopefully with fewer crowds.

For this probably/maybe. Unlike an attraction going down for a short maintenance period, CM's have to be trained and guest flow has to be tested. They can only do so much testing after hours with off duty CM's.

For the last few weeks of the major Star Tours rehab a fan website had shifts of people camped out in front of the queue keeping track.

We are going to WDW starting June 24 and leaving June 30th. We also thought about changing our dates but decided no too. Last year we arrived a couple of days before Pandora opened and it was packed with extremely long wait lines.

Update- we changed our dates and added an extra night for the same amount of money. Now we will be there for 4th of July, and my dimes actual 18th birthday on 7/3. Hoping for the best, but it was important to my son to “experience” Toy Story Land. We are coming from Oregon, so I doubt we will be back for 4/5 years until our middle graduates HS. Thanks for all your input and weighing in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter