What are the can't miss food places for each WDW park?

Ginarian

Earning My Ears
Hello:

My husband, parents, and I are planning our vacation to Walt Disney World. We are looking for suggestions on the best places to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios (the can't miss locations!). We are taking our trip in January and will not necessarily be together at all of the parks- so I'd love to give the best suggestions to my parents for their planning, as well. I have read several websites and their suggestions, but I'd love to hear it from the pros (you guys!). Also, please let me know if your suggestion usually requires reservations so I can get those in pronto. Thanks in advance. I'm super excited.... my parents and I have not been to WDW since January 2000- so actually any advice on anything would be greatly appreciated. :)

AK - My newest favorite is Satu'li Canteen in AK, it's QS, large seating are inside and out. You can pre-order online, and the food is delicious. We've had the Beef bowl with rice & quinoa with creamy herb sauce, as well as the pepper & sweet potato hash w/ chicken and it's really well executed and delicious. MK & HS could take lessons from this QS restaurant. TS, we've been to Tiffin's 2 times, very good but pricy!

HS - We really enjoy the experience/decor at SCI-FI, a small piece of Americana. They serve casual food, good burgers, fried pickles, shakes, etc.

Epcot - I like something different than I can experience at home, we love Marakkesh, music, belly dancer and good food, as well as Spice Road just across the road , excellent food, really well executed. Epcot's easy, there are so many good TS & QS spots, hard to go wrong.

MK - QS, it's hard to beat Columbia Harbor House (tuna sandwich, fried shrimp platter (yes, fried), lobster roll) TS, we eat at the Wave (Contemporary) We don't really like buffets, are done w/ character meals and we like a cocktail on vacation, rules out pretty, much anything at MK. The Wave has good food, great bar and it's a monorail or walk away from the park.

Disney Springs - New faves, Wine Bar George, really good food (skirt steak platter and the charcuterie boards are awsome) and appetizers, Frontera Cucina, when you hear the term Mexican food, well this is elevated Mexican food, Rick Bayless is the man! And our old stand by which never disapoints, Raglan's Irish Pub!

Good luck with your trip, it's just around the corner!

For great food, atmosphere (quieter) and service, I would recommend:

Animal Kingdom - Nomad Lounge, it's delicious small plates and great cocktails. Such a lovely, subdued atmosphere perfect for adults and a special place. Make sure you read about the travelers' stories and maybe add your own.
Magic Kingdom - Skipper Canteen, again great food (I recommend the pork) and service and I also like the theming.
Epcot - Spice Road Table. Great view and small plates. Never crowded.
Hollywood Studios - Hollywood Brown Derby. Their Cobb salad is to die for and we really enjoyed the interaction with the host (she asks your a few questions and makes a whole thing of it, it's fun without being too intrusive, my shy boyfriend was fine with it and he hates that sort of thing).

MK:
I second the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbor House. Its so good! Also, dolewhip of course. And the chocolate croissant at Gastons. (not a fan of the dry cinamon bun that most rave about). For restaurants i love the pot roast at Liberty Tree (lunch). I also like Crystal Palace breakfast.

HS:
Milkshakes at scifi. Amazing! Scifi overall has the best theme. Foodwise, cant go wrong with their burgers and fries. Tasty.

Epcot:
Too many to list. Pizza and pasta at via. I love the apps and mains at chefs/france as well. love the grey goose slushies from france, as well as the ice cream.

AK: SATULI CANTEEN! The best QS on property! I love their potato/sweet potato chicken bowl with herb dressing. Devine! So healthy and fresh.

If you narrow down what "best" means then any replies might be more meaningful. Does it mean least expensive, price is no object, any food you don't eat. Otherwise you are going to see almost every restuarant listed.

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House is great for QS and they brought back the lighthouse sandwich! I also enjoy Casey's Corner (Corn dog nuggets are my guilty pleasure) and Sleepy Hollow for the waffles. I also really like Skipper's Canteen and The Plaza for a nice TS meal that usually aren't too crowded.

Epcot - Epcot is the hardest because there are so many delicious options here. I think Sunshine Seasons is a fantastic QS option and great place to go to if you have people in your party with varying tastes. Also love Les Halles and Tangierine Cafe for QS. We always have to stop at La Cava de Tequila for some chips and a margarita. My favorite TS is probably Marrakesh or Spice Road Table, neither are ever crowded and you can easily pickup a same day reservation for them.

Hollywood Studios - Woody's Lunch Box is a great QS option and I think the Hollywood Brown Derby is a solid TS choice. HS is my least favorite park for food.

Animal Kingdom - Satu'li Canteen is, in my opinion, the best QS option in all of the parks. LOVE IT. For TS I think Nomad's Lounge is lovely for drinks/appetizers and Tusker House is a nice option for a buffet that has some different dishes, but still has characters for the kiddos.

AK - Satuli Canteen is pretty darn good. Real silverware and plates, big seating area with some outdoor options, good prices.
MK - Skipper Canteen - The whole fried fish is excellent and it offers some unique options and almost always has availability.
HS - Love Sci-Fi. The food is average-slightly above average but you are truly paying for the ambiance. It's probably the best themed restaurant at WDW.
EP - MANY good options but if you are willing to splurge, I'd strongly suggest Monsieur Paul in the France pavilion. Fantastic upscale dining experience.

Here are our favorites:

MK - Crystal Palace breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Tony’s or BOG dinner.
Epcot - Coral Reef lunch or dinner, Tutto Italia lunch, Le Cellier or Chefs de France dinner.
AK - Tusker House breakfast and Rainforest Cafe lunch.
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby lunch and 50’s PTC dinner.

Resorts - Boma breakfast or dinner, Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast, Trail’s End breakfast, and Cape May Cafe breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter