What are the best DDP character meals?

pixleyyy

DIS Veteran
My kids (DS10, DS8, DD6) loved the character meals and DL when we visited earlier this year and I'd like to set up advanced seating for character meals at WDW. Any suggestions on which ones are the best?

We are looking at setting up character meals at least 3 times during our stay but will add more if there are enough good choices.

I don't really think I want to use any of the 2-credit ones unless someone has a compelling reason why they are worth it.

Thanks in advance!!!

ETA: My daughter would love to go to a princess meal and the boys love nearly all the movie characters as well and Mickey & the Gang, so they are pretty open. We do not plan on doing any character breakfast's however, as we are not really big breakfast eaters. So lunch or dinner character meals (and especially one with the princesses) are what we're looking for.

Goodness this is a tough one. I think alot of it comes down to which characters your kids really want to see the most. My kids, DS8 and DD3, both really enjoyed Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. We also all enjoy the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. We are subjecting my poor DS8 to the Princess Character Breakfast in Norway on our next trip. Our DD is soooo excited to get to eat breakfast with the princesses. We let him pick one of our TS meals as a consolation. We are also going to try Donald's Breakfastosauras for the first time in Aug. too. We have done The Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh in the past, but it is not one of our favorites.

Good point traviesojmt. I edited the thread to add the particulars. DD would like something with the princesses. The boys are pretty open as long as they don't serve only seafood! LOL No breakfast's for us though.

I think Chef Mickey's is a must do - the kids LOVED Goofy's Kitchen in DLR and it sounds like that is maybe a similar experience.

Have you visited allearsnet.com yet? They give both menus and what characters appear where. I know that Norway in Epcot also does the Princess character meal for lunch and dinner, so that might be an option. Cinderella now requires 2 TS credits.

pixleyyy said:
Nope, I'll go check them out right now. Thanks!

If you have any problems finding anything, just ask. The site is very informative regarding everything Disney. Hope you find what you need.

We have just one Princess -- DDnow4goingon24. She's pretty mature for her age, but when she was almost 3, she had a little trouble dealing with some of the characters. Fortunately, she got over it with a little help from her friends: Chip, Dale, and her pal Minnie.

We have done -- and loved -- Chef Mickey's, Pooh and Friends, and the Princess Breakfast at Norway. [traviesojmt -- your son conned you! Belle is a babe, and he's gonna do just fine at Norway!] We recommend all of those, and we'd go back to any of them in a minute.

We were disappointed with CRT, but I guess it is something you have to do when you have a princess. We actually felt ripped off with CRT (something we almost NEVER feel at WDW), and I would neither recommend it nor go back.

This trip, we're on the dining plan, and we are doing the Liberty Square Tavern and 1900 Park Fare, both for dinner. In the past, we've only done breakfasts, so we are looking forward to these two dinners.

We've done CP for lunch and loved the pooh characters. We are trying Cinderella's royal feast at 1600 Park. Would love to do more characters but menu does not look appetizing at norway.(We don't do lunch either) Check the menus out!!! Good luck! :thumbsup2

We liked Chef Mickey's for dinner and Crystal Palace with Pooh for festive sort of silliness and decent food. This time we're also going to the princesses in Norway for dinner because my DD4 has to see lots of princesses on this trip.

Mickey is at CMs. The princesses are always at Akershus(although Cinderella is rarely there) and CRT breakfast and lunch, but not dinner. Cinderella is obviously at every meal in her castle and can also be found at 1900 Park Fare dinner at Grand Floridian. Personally, I would either pay out of pocket if CRT is a must do as I don't think it's worth 2 TS credits or just not eat there. The princesses can be found at other meals and Akershus is modeled after a Norwegian castle. We're doing a brunch at CMs and dinner at 1900 Park Fare in May as well as a solo lunch for me at Akershus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter