What are some of your favorite family photo spots in WDW?

L

leigh2002

We always get lots of family pics in front of the castle, with favorite characters and the by the entrances to each park, but now that I'm getting into scrapbooking I'd love to find some more great ideas for family photos at WDW.

Thanks for any ideas you have!!

My kids love to have their picture taken with the wooden indian in Frontierland. We have many pictures of them, at different times of the year, day and night, staring into space with the indian! There are some great backdrops inside Exposition Hall on Main Street. We also have pictures of them over the years at the same spot in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at MGM. It's fun to see how they have grown. They love to take these "family tradition" shots. I think that taking pics of the little things that are meaningful to your family, turn out to be the pics that are the best!

We ride the teacups and I take a picture of my son while we are spinning. It is a great picture if your child likes the ride.

Leigh2002, I am also into scrapbooking and going to wdw world is a great reason to take rolls and rolls of film isn't it! On our first trip in 2000 we took almost 250 pictures! Here are some ideas of picture spots that I like -oh and make sure to make doubles if your scrapping!
Downtown Disney-Legoland
-If you eat at Rainforest CAfe,great scenery out front
Epcot-Viking Ship at Norway
-The fountain in front of spaceship earth
Animal Kingdom-By the Tree of Life
-Camp Minnie and Mickey
- Along the path around the tree of life-can see the carves animals
Magic Kingdom-The stocks(i think that is what they are called)near Haunted Mansion
-The big flower bed mickey at entrance to MK
-The statue behind the castle is nice
MGM-In front of Muppet3D there is a nice fountain
-Beside Muppet 3D there is a giant kermit
-By star tours, there is a speeder thing that the kids can get right on
-Beside Bear in The Big Blue House there was a very nice topiary fantamic mickey.
And don't forget to take close up of your loved ones just doing what they enjoy,you can later journal about what it was they were doing/looking at
Well hope this gives you a few ideas
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

My husband took a picture of me next to the flower cart in MK main street every year. We have pictures of me as a child there.

I am so disapointed they took this spot away to make more room for shopping. Now I will never be able to take a picture of my daugther and I there! Oh well. We will find new spots. One of our favorites is the Cinderella wishing well on the quiet path near the castle. Time for new tradtions I guess! We got a really cute one there this year and hope to continue in future trips.

My favorite picture from the last visit was taken over in the Imagination area of EPCOT. We were up near the photo shop where Honey I shrunk the audience lets out. My DH and DD were standing in front of the fountain, and Spaceship Earth was right behind the fountain in the frame. You can also catch a monorail in the shot as it passes.

My families favorite spot is the American Indian statue on Main Street. I have photos of myself in 1973 as well as my own son in 2001. It is a family tradition and with our ownership in the DVC it will continue for years to come.

Most definately in front of the castle. A few years back we made that our christmas card. We were in a little buggy of some sort, it was really cute.

I have an excellent picture of me and my husband on our honeymoon in front of the fountain in Epcot. You can see Spaceship Earth behind us. The wonderful man who took our picture waited for the right time when the fountain was up and somewhat lit up (it was dusk out).

I also have a cool pic of me and my brother in front of the Haunted Mansion. We were waiting in line and were able to get the mansion looking every so haunted behind us.

If you wait until dark, there is a sidewalk at Epcot that lights up in many colors. We have some pics of me and my husband smooching on them. Quite cute.

I used to take pictures of the boys beside landmarks (like the Indian, the Suit of Armor in the Castle, the snowman at MGM, etc.) that would show how much they had grown year to year.

Our two favorite picture spots are of us in our shorts in the snow scene of Mickey and his friends, which is located at DD, behind the Christmas shop. And we also loved the photo of us under the raining umbrella in MGM, the Mary Poppins topiary in England at Epcot of course my husband with a huge smile on his face watching the Electrical Parade, with his face in a clear view and the parade blured in the backround. BTW, the reason it is so special is because he said he hated that parade. I would try and capture looks of family who dont know youre about to take a shot. I took some great shots one time of my husband in the reclining chair in the hotel, with our daughter laying on his chest, with barely some sunlight coming in, and I turned it into a black and white...It showed just how exhausted we all really were.

Next to the trolls inside the stores at the Norway pavilion.
Not a specific place, but we also take pictures of our DD wearing different hats like a huge sombrero in the Mexican pavilion.

My favorite photos are of my son trying to pull the sword out of the stone in front of Cinderella's carousel, and locked up in the stockade (that wooden thing with your head and arms locked up) He's 13 years old now and I have these same pictures of him at 6, 9 and 12 years old. I love to see how he's grown in these shots.

I also always take picutes of the kids on the carousel.

We use the Christmas site in back of the Disney Christmas Store in DD also. It's a great way to see change in size!!! In fact, this year my dd HAD to use that photo for Christmas cards. The shot wasn't that great, but she was thrilled. Maybe the next one will be better. We also like to take a shot at the top of one of the water-slides in BB. You can see ToT from there! It's pretty cool.

We have purchased an underwater camera (those disposable ones), and used them at the water parks. Our pictures turned out hilarious. We like to take pictures on the rides, and a good one is on the bench at the entrance the one where Walt is sitting. It's really nice with the castle in the background. We have taken somein the stocks too (once we were there and it was pouring down rain, so we took one of us in our ponchos in the stocks!). I like to get candid shots too.

Leslie

We got this cute photo of our son kissing Lucky, the Dalmation at ASMo, right in front of the big TV one year. We get a photo there every year- DS kissing the puppy on the nose- we can tell how much he has grown!! It is priceless!

Definitely have to have an in-front-of-the-castle shot. We also seem to find a great shot at EPCOT around the World Showcase - - you can get a shot with the water and Spaceship Earth as a background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter