What and how to get entertainment rates

cbutterfield

Earning My Ears
Hi I'm new to the board and was wondering what and how to get entertainment rates on rooms. I am getting the idea that if you visit during the summer you want to stay on site. Thank you for any help.

Call the hotel and see if entertainment rates are available for the time you want to go. Then buy the entertainment book. You can get the one for your local area from schools or charitable organizations. Around here the Lions, and Cancer Society, etc. all sell them. Then you're all set. The hotel only offers so many rooms at any given time at the entertainment rate.
You can go to the Loew's website and sign up for a Loew's first card which would also get you a discount. The fan club card which you might be able to get from your employer , also offers discounts. Also AAA members get a discount. None of the others are as good as the entertainment rate though.

The Loews card does not really give you a discount on the room unless you stay at other Loews properties throughout the year, before you stay. I have the card, and when I called, the rates were rack rates. It does give you priviledges like a free room upgrade(usually not given if you have booked with the entertainment rate) and a welcome gift like cookies and milk, wine and cheese and a couple of other choices (not sure what they are, we always get the cookies and milk!) The website can give you all the details.

There is a Hard Rock All Acess Card if you are planning on staying at the HRH. It is $25 and also can be purchased from their website. They are syaing you can get a room with that card for $149 a night with the card in 2001, and also it gives you $20 in food or merchandise from the HR Cafe, and front of the line seating for thr Cafe. Well worth the $25 even if you don't stay there! They will probably come out with a similar room discount for 2002 when it gets closer.

***Try to get the entertainment discount before buying the book, if you just tell them you are an entertainment member, they will book you the room, you don;t have to have the card until check in. Don't buy the book until you have secured the discount, otherwise you will be wasting your money!

The lady at Loews told me the chances of getting an entertainment rate are slim and none. VERY few rooms are open at this rate, and they go fast. The 2002 dates for the entertainment rate are not out yet, so it's pretty much a "call every day until you can maybe get it" type of situation. She did tell me that having an Annual Pass to Universal warrants good discounts though, so if you are going for longer than a week, or plan on visiting again sometime during the year, this might be an option for you.

We decided to stay off site, and I will keep trying for the entertainment rate

BTW, you don't have to buy the book for your area. Some of the books are cheaper, and they include the same discounts for the hotels. Example: The book for my area is $40, but the book for Orlando is only $35. I will be buying the Orlando version, and plan on using as many of the discounts from it as I can during the time we are there. Some areas are as low as $25 it just depends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter