What am I forgetting...

We have this one from Amazon and it has been a game changer. Haven't used it at Disney... but we've used it all over near home! Folds up and comes with a carry bag. Best $12.99 I've spent lately!!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZXQHYK?th=1
Well I’ll be! Those are awesome! And here I thought they were just taking baby things away like playpens, walkers and the best thing ever invented, table hanging high chairs. I know they can still be found but, they are few and far between now. I’m glad to see they are adding cool stuff!

I really can't think of much more on your list that is necessary to bring to the park.

Hand sanitizer? Teach your children to wash their hands properly; 20 seconds and up to the elbows per arm; they'll learn readily what with being young. It will keep their immune system strong to be in contact with common germs. So glad most preschoolers are taught to sneeze into the crook of their elbows instead of covering their mouths w/ hands nowadays.

I like the idea of autographs being signed directly on book bags; less stuff to carry and later the signed fabric can be recycled into a pillow if the kiddos still want a remembrance as they age.

A portable potty seat cover? I still think a toilet paper cover or just TP is fine and much cleaner too.

All I'd add to the list is sunscreen and bug repellent wipes. I prefer wipes over sprays or emollients because it's easier to ensure every inch of skin is covered.

Have fun on your trip.

Last edited:
I really can't think of much more on your list that is necessary to bring to the park.

Hand sanitizer? Teach your children to wash their hands properly; 20 seconds and up to the elbows per arm; they'll learn readily what with being young. It will keep their immune system strong to be in contact with common germs. So glad most preschoolers are taught to sneeze into the crook of their elbows instead of covering their mouths w/ hands nowadays.

I like the idea of autographs being signed directly on book bags; less stuff to carry and later the signed fabric can be recycled into a pillow if the kiddos still want a remembrance as they age.

A portable potty seat cover? I still think a toilet paper cover or just TP is fine and much cleaner too.

All I'd add to the list is sunscreen and bug repellent wipes. I prefer wipes over sprays or emollients because it's easier to ensure every inch of skin is covered.

Have fun on your trip.

Hand wipe for situations when your kid picks something gross up or runs theirs hands along the rail and got something on them and are not near a sink. They aren’t going to wait and not touch every part of their body, including hair until we get them to a sink.

As for the potty seat, it wasn’t about sanitation. My daughter wouldn’t sit on a toilet seat for fear of falling in. The travel seat made the opening smaller so she’d fit on it. It was a good transitional tool for her to get comfortable using the toilet before she learned to straddle to not fall in.

And wipes for keeping the seat clean.

Hand wipe for situations when your kid picks something gross up or runs theirs hands along the rail and got something on them and are not near a sink. They aren’t going to wait and not touch every part of their body, including hair until we get them to a sink.

As for the potty seat, it wasn’t about sanitation. My daughter wouldn’t sit on a toilet seat for fear of falling in. The travel seat made the opening smaller so she’d fit on it. It was a good transitional tool for her to get comfortable using the toilet before she learned to straddle to not fall in.

And wipes for keeping the seat clean.
What an ingenious invention. Never had a need for it but nice to know it's available:).

I like to keep a little zip lock bag of medical supplies in the stroller (or in a backpack if you dont have a stroller). I pack 2 doses of advil (for adult headaches), some bandaids and some neosporin. Just enough that we dont have to stop to go to first aid if some one gets a scratch.

I gave my 5 year old a small backpack to carry. 12x10 inches plain black, one front pocket. He carries his sweater and resort mug in it. Small front pocket had his wallet (a small kiddie one) wet wipes and tissues. I have since done the same with my other two, so far they haven't lost or left them behind anywhere. Last trip was this summer to the Grand Canyon and my 3yr was excited to receive her first "trip" back pack. She enjoyed carrying her own small stainless steel water bottle and snacks. I like to keep the snacks variable, salty, gummy, sweet, crunchy, fruity and meaty. Ziplock bags are always on top of park bag packing list.

I don't lug a ton of stuff to the park, we are on the DP, so we get big snacks there and thank goodness we are not in diapers anymore...

But what should I be bringing to the park for my almost 5 year old? He has a snack box a friend made for him that will put goldfish and other small snacks if I find he's hungry during the day. I got ponchos, autograph books, sharpie, lanyard for pins, birthday button, stroller tag...

What did you wish you had?
if not going back to room mid day I would include a change of clothes at least a shirt in case of spills and you are planning on pictures or autographs. granddaughter at 4.5 years always seemed to wear her snacks

I second hand sanitizer and glow sticks. The glow sticks made evenings magical. We ended up sharing them with some children who were scared at the fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!