"What am I even doing with my life?" Comments Welcome!

I finished my sheet. All formulas are in. But I don't think average distance is necessary. Trying to think what would be useful. Average heart rate? Distance ran as a percentage of goal?

Hmm

I finished my sheet. All formulas are in. But I don't think average distance is necessary. Trying to think what would be useful. Average heart rate? Distance ran as a percentage of goal?

Hmm

Depends on what you're going for with the data.

-I personally think T+D on a daily basis is an important stat. Helps put perspective on the runs. A 14 min/mile in July is not equal to a 14 min/mile in October.
-Average HR is useful, but only when viewed through a lens (you'd want to separate out HRvPaces). For instance, on a run like this:

1 mile @ Easy + 3 miles @ 60/30 @ 12:49/18:00 + 2 mile @ 80/30 sec @ 12:29/18:00 paces + 1 mile @ Easy (Easy + M Tempo + HM Tempo + Easy)

Average HR isn't going to be informative. Rather what was the HR during M Tempo, HM Tempo, etc.

-I use to track splits within goal adjusted temp range. So for instance,:

1 mi @ WU + 5 x 2 min @ I w/ 2 min RI + 1 mi CD

How many of the 2 min I intervals were between 11:57-12:07 (goal of 12:02).

Depends on what you're going for with the data.

-I personally think T+D on a daily basis is an important stat. Helps put perspective on the runs. A 14 min/mile in July is not equal to a 14 min/mile in October.
-Average HR is useful, but only when viewed through a lens (you'd want to separate out HRvPaces). For instance, on a run like this:

1 mile @ Easy + 3 miles @ 60/30 @ 12:49/18:00 + 2 mile @ 80/30 sec @ 12:29/18:00 paces + 1 mile @ Easy (Easy + M Tempo + HM Tempo + Easy)

Average HR isn't going to be informative. Rather what was the HR during M Tempo, HM Tempo, etc.

-I use to track splits within goal adjusted temp range. So for instance,:

1 mi @ WU + 5 x 2 min @ I w/ 2 min RI + 1 mi CD

How many of the 2 min I intervals were between 11:57-12:07 (goal of 12:02).
Interesting. Didn't even think about how HR would be useless without factoring in the different paces in each run.

I am definitely tracking T+D now in a column with each run so that I can use the data later, but would average T+D over time be useful? Probably not. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm looking for an easy average, total, SOMETHING to include in this top left box because I'm insane and need my spreadsheet to be balanced hahaha

I already see line graphs in my future showing monthly mileage over time.

Hey...whatever keeps me motivated, right?

Who else is over this weather? I'm about to go run. It's "only" 80 today, but the dew point is 72 and humidity is 81%...

Ugh!

Thirty minutes before sunset, 83 degrees with a dewpoint of 66 and 68% humidity. I totally feel your pain! I'm trying to convince myself to run since I couldn't drag my butt out of bed at five this morning.

I just finished week 2 of my 15k training plan. You may notice I was silent regarding my first week, but don't worry, you didn't miss anything. These first two weeks are basically just easy runs following my 10k before building up back into the 15k plan.

Don't tell Coach, but every run was too fast!

Monday, 7/29:
This was supposed to be an easy 2.5 mile run at 16:15. I ran 2.69 miles at 15:44. I ran this mostly with a friend. She had already ran 2.5 miles before me, so she ended a little earlier than I finished. We talked a lot about some of our upcoming Disney trips, so this run felt really good and the talking was a good distraction.

Tuesday, 7/30:
Again, an easy 2.5 miles at 16:15. This one was even "faster" at 15:39. I use the word faster loosely because let's be real, it's still slow. I ran 2.55 miles. This run felt "cool" at 76 degrees.

After my run, I rushed home to shower. I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood that night. I still don't know how I feel about it. I liked it, I think, but it was just SO long and not a whole lot happens. So much didn't need to be in the film. I love Leo though and he was phenomenal.

Wednesday, 7/31:
Day off! I did run to the bridal store after work to get fitted for my bridesmaid dress and boy oh boy was it hot in the fitting area. I'm dumb and unzipped the dress before I took a picture, but this is it basically.

Thursday, 8/1
I ran this one with my friend again. Again, 2.5 miles easy at 16:15, but we ran 2.6 miles at 15:28. The day before, she booked our room for Princess. We are staying with 5-6 people (one hasn't decided if he is coming) in a 2 bedroom villa at OKW from February 20-25th, so we talked a lot about the logistics of that. She just KNOWS that someone is going to complain about sleeping arrangements. But, honestly, it's ridiculous because NONE OF US are paying to sleep there because we are using family DVC points that someone else pays for. It's crazy, I'm just grateful to be included. Put me on the floor for all I care!

ALSO - BIG NEWS STARTING AUGUST 1ST. MY FAVORITE LOCAL ICE CREAM PLACE STARTED SERVING DOLE WHIP ON AUGUST 1ST. I haven't gone yet, but I am SO EXCITED for this.

Friday, 8/2
Day off, thankfully. Work was INSANE. I'm so busy/behind. On top of my normal work, I need to finish up some end of month billing reports, but I haven't been able to get to it. I was supposed to work a bit after dinner (I set my own "OT" hours, so "supposed to" isn't really a thing. Plus I don't get paid for it. Boo) but I was just so exhausted I went to bed early and did a whole lot of nothing.

Saturday 8/3
Today was 3 miles at 16:15, but it felt really hard. I did try to slow down. The sun was just killing me and I still think I'm exhausted/stressed from work. I did 3.12 miles at 15:51. I stopped at Starbucks on the way home and now I'm about to start working AGAIN. Boo. I need to get a couple hours in though to try and catch up. I also ordered some fun waterbottles for the bachelorette I am hosting. They are rose gold stainless steel with all of our names on them in white. They're super cute

FINALLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! I got in to the SWGE preview!! We are going August 17th from 1-5pm and it includes the Oga's. Can't wait. It's a SUPER short trip. We are flying out Friday after work and coming right back early Sunday morning. We are just staying at one of the All Star's because it's a super short trip. I don't even remember which one. Our magic bands are arriving today though!

Oh good! I'm trying some GU on this run and I'm a little nervous!! The texture freaks me out a bit, but thought I would give it a whirl.

Haha, I mean sports beans are fine and all, but I was just looking for some variety!

I want to try honey stinger products and tailwind eventually too!

The gu flavor wasn't the issue, but squeezing it out of the little packet and eating it made me want to gag. Is e-Gel similar?

The gu flavor wasn't the issue, but squeezing it out of the little packet and eating it made me want to gag. Is e-Gel similar?

Same concept but many of the gels have different consistencies and flavor profiles (sweetness and such). So not all gels are exactly the same, but they all require "squeezing a packet into your mouth".

Haha, I mean sports beans are fine and all, but I was just looking for some variety!

I want to try honey stinger products and tailwind eventually too!

I’ve tried the Honey Sting waffles. They’re pretty good, but I’m actually the opposite of you and don’t like chewing as I run. I currently use Gu (Campfire S’mores flavor) and like it. I picked up some Science In Sports (Double Espresso flavor) the other day that I’m going to try this weekend.

The only gels I can stomach are Huma gels and they taste like apple sauce to me. I also really like the Honey Stinger energy chews (fruit punch flavor). The waffles are good too, I just can't eat them while I am running.

I like the Acai Pomogranite gels from Honey Stinger, and I also like the Huma gels too. Both of those brands have a better consistency than the GU's I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!