What age teenager would you let roam?

For the OP: My DH and I recently helped chaperone a trip to DL (high schoolers) and the kids had to text a selfie with a recognizable background at set intervals (to make sure they were still in the park). If you want your boys to stay together (or meet up regularly) have them take a selfie together and text it to you!

For the OP: My DH and I recently helped chaperone a trip to DL (high schoolers) and the kids had to text a selfie with a recognizable background at set intervals (to make sure they were still in the park). If you want your boys to stay together (or meet up regularly) have them take a selfie together and text it to you!

Just curious, how did you make sure that they didn't take a bunch of selfies; leave the park; and then text the previously taken selfies at the appropriate times throughout the day from wherever they were?

Just curious, how did you make sure that they didn't take a bunch of selfies; leave the park; and then text the previously taken selfies at the appropriate times throughout the day from wherever they were?
You know, I can't remember now, but they had to be in groups of at least 3 kids. Maybe 1 of them had to hold up their phone with the time showing. I just realized that "recently" was actually almost a year ago! A year is a lot quicker these days :rolleyes1
I'll have to ask DH if he remembers how we were ensuring the time of the pics

Going to Disney on Friday for 6 days. We have park hoppers. My boys are 19 and 14. I am wondering at what age do you feel comfortable allowing your kids to roam the parks without you? At what age would you allow them to hop to a different park? If I knew they would stay together I would have no issues. But they are complete opposite that probably won't want to stay together. Of course my question is primarily about the 14yo. TIA.
I would say that it would be ok

17 and 15 - we let them roam - we always have some meal scheduled together (sit down) and their fast passes strangely tend to overlap with our own....keeping an eye on them and they never even know...think they are free - shhhhhhhhh :rolleyes1

We've always said about age 14 but for whatever reason whenever we go our kids all want to stay together as a family, although sometimes they just want to hang out at the resort but never just one of them, always has to be a group of at least two.

My DD is 14, and I would let her roam if she was with at least one kid her age. She's a Disney fanatic so I know she would never leave the parks, but she likes thrill rides way more than I do so I would understand if she wanted to go on those rides with other kids. I can always track her Iphone too, so I wouldn't be completely out of the loop.

Going to Disney on Friday for 6 days. We have park hoppers. My boys are 19 and 14. I am wondering at what age do you feel comfortable allowing your kids to roam the parks without you? At what age would you allow them to hop to a different park? If I knew they would stay together I would have no issues. But they are complete opposite that probably won't want to stay together. Of course my question is primarily about the 14yo. TIA.
I think based on the maturity of the 14 year old, he should be fine, especially in this day when they all have cell phones and can easily be contacted. I think I've even read somewhere where you can track there location through their cells phones. Hopefully they decide to stay together as I would think it would be more fun than being alone.

each year we go I wonder this as well. My youngest is now 14, and she is one that could go on her own, just not sure if she will. we always go with the idea that they can go off and enjoy some time away from us(they need it, we drive 22 hrs down) and yet they don't always go. the last trip my 3 youngest did do off without us, but they tend to stick together. my DH and I did let the girls catch the bus back to the resort while we enjoyed emh and I think my son was off on his own(17). I guess my best advice is you know your kids, how they react to people and places. I know that I would not hesitate to let mine roam(maybe even hop) with todays technology and phones, I tend to worry a little less as I can keep tabs on them and they love to call/text/post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter