What’s your caffeine strategy for long park days?

Disneyonmymind

DIS Veteran
We like to hit the parks for RD but we also want to enjoy the nighttime entertainment. That said, we are old and need our caffeine to keep rolling. Has anyone tried other caffeine sources instead of coffee? Mints, gum, no-doz? During Christmas week, we don’t want to spend the extra time it will take to go back to the All Star for a break.

That said, we are old and need our caffeine to keep rolling.

I understand completely. I have hit the age where 'pre-gaming' for a night out involves a cup of strong coffee before I leave home and not a drink. I just have some caffeine between 4-6pm and then not eat too heavy or have too much sugar (I don't want the crash.) In a pinch, mints sometimes pep me up, I think it's the combination of sugar and peppermint.

I'm watching as we plan on doing pretty much open to close on NYE at Epcot! When I drive long distances I use those sugar free energy shots (don't want to endorse any in particular), they don't make me wide awake but sort of take the sleepiness edge off with no side effects. Also planning on laying in the grass a bit when they open up that area around the little lakes between WS and FW on NYE. Probably won't sleep but at least rest the eyes for half hour or so to be able to party on til Midnight!

I stop at Joffrey's several times a day for an espresso. Even in August. It is so refreshing. The lines used to be nice, but now they seem to be offering more "Starbucks-y" milkshake like coffee drinks. Last time we went, somehow I ended up with a discount card so I got 10 or 15% off every time. Starbucks is great for a cappuccino, but sometimes that line is out the door, so I avoid it in WDW.

But, if you are looking for an alternative to coffee, I drink a pre-workout drink every morning before the gym. That gets me moving. There are tons at GNC.

We take small cooler in our backpack w/ some iced T and Pepsi in resealable bottles. We'll share one while we're waiting in a longer line or while we're walking. We don't really like Coke and it's nice to have a drink on demand and not wait in line. We freeze a few water bottles to keep everything cold.

I have recently discovered these packets which not only flavor water but give me that caffeine perk I desperately need! I have been off coffee for a few years now as the acidity was too much for me. Sometimes I'll have a cold brew which is slightly better but these packets added to water are much better. Plus they keep my hydrated and quench my thirst. Win-win.

They do pack a powerful caffeine punch though, more than a red bull. I can't have one too late or I can't sleep. Joys of approaching 40.

Attachments

• 81IG2H5MYEL._SL1500_.jpg
    81IG2H5MYEL._SL1500_.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 18

Tea and soda can be other caffeine sources, but to stay healthy at WDW, I've found there is no effective substitute for getting enough sleep and rest. Ideally this means you choose to be at the park early or late, but not both the same day, especially without going back to your room to rest. It can help somewhat to take a midday break even staying at the park, by finding a place to sit down and rest for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!