What’s causing this Monday madness?

Priory

DIS Veteran
I had read that Monday has become the busiest day of the week, but I didn’t quite believe it until today. After a DREAM Sunday in the park, today has been insane (not the worst
I’ve seen of course, but pretty packed). What is causing this?

Sunday has the same passes blocked this time of year, right? Theoretically more people would be working today as opposed to yesterday. DCA had the early entry. One would think a vacation is more likely to start or end on a weekend.

I don’t get why DL has consistently become so busy on Mondays.

LOL it was HOT most of today too. Definitely buisier, but I’m working on my MAX pass skills. Still getting a lot done. Currently waiting for our Starbucks order in DCA.

Maybe since it’s a little less hot? Those that skipped the weekend maybe came today?

Normally that’s what I would have thought but I’d been reading Mondays are consistently bad in the weeks leading up to this trip.

Is surge pricing different? That’s the one thing I didn’t think of when I wrote this.

People think they shouldn’t go on the weekends. “Weekends are too crowded.”

This particular Sunday/Monday, I bet a lot of people thought, “we’ll go the week AFTER the 4th,” and then, see above. So they started their trip on Monday.

There also may have been a price difference.

We experienced the same thing as you in June. Sunday (usually very busy) was one of our best days, and Monday was by far the WORST.

I stopped going on Mondays because they were consistently so bad. I have heard so many people say that they are going on Monday “to avoid the crowds” and I think it creates the issue. I tell everyone I know to avoid Mondays.

LOL it was HOT most of today too. Definitely buisier, but I’m working on my MAX pass skills. Still getting a lot done. Currently waiting for our Starbucks order in DCA.
Not remotely as hot as it was in the days prior to Mon! Records were being broken leading into the weekend so temp could have had a lot to do with it. That and summer vacay kicks into high gear after July 4.

our trip in june was the same...sunday had such low crowds, monday was a nightmare. so weird

We are making our first ever trip this upcoming Feb/March. Has this Monday trend also been the case even when school is in session?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter