Whacka-Whacka-Whacka! A New Muppet Movie

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
So the "Give a day Get a day" stars get a new movie!! Where are the new Muppet-o-rails?

from MTV.com

Jason Segel To Play Live-Action Lead In Upcoming Muppets Movie

by Adam Rosenberg in News

There's been a flurry of activity surrounding the Muppets over the past few months. First, there were those great Muppets Studio YouTube video (see: "Bohemian Rhapsody"). Then there was word that Disney is very interested in having "The Flight of the Conchords" co-creator James Bobin direct. Then, the first details emerged about the story laid out in the script written by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller. The awesome news today is the Segel will also join the cast as the live-action star, and Bobin is "on board" to direct, according to a report on THR's Heat Vision blog. Segel will also produce with David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV ("The Proposal").
If you don't know who Segel is by name, you still probably know him by sight. He goes all the way to Judd Apatow's famously (and unjustly) canceled TV series "Freaks and Geeks." Segel most recently appeared in hit comedies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "I Love You, Man." The former of those two is what makes him particularly well-suited to a movie in which he supposedly travels around in an attempt to reunite the Muppets.
In "Sarah Marshall," Segel played a music composer for a police procedural TV series. He had a dream though, a simple dream of staging a Dracula rock opera... with puppets. One of the film's most magical moments comes when he performs one of the show's songs for a bar full of Hawaiian drunks... and Mila Kunis.
Granted, Segel's fictional character having an obsession with a puppet-driven musical doesn't necessarily mean that his involvement in a Muppet movie will be awesome. But it sure doesn't mean it won't be awesome. And since Segel and Stoller collaborated as writer and director, respectively, on "Sarah Marshall," there's clearly some reverence for Jim Henson's classic creations.

Cool! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I'd definitely hop on the Fozzie Bear-o-rail!

I hope they do it good.. .I heard something like Miss Piggy might be like Lady GaGa... :scared1::scared1::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter