We've Only Sailed Disney.... What is Included on Coco Cay?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Hi All!
We're looking into doing a cruise on RCL and I was wondering about their private island, Coco Cay. Are any beach chairs/umbrellas included or does everything cost extra? Is the food on the island included? I'm sure alcoholic drinks and excursions have an extra cost, but what about other things?

Thanks so much!

Currently chairs, and food are included. They have free drinks (water, lemonade, iced tea) and bars you can pay for drinks (I believe you can use a drink package but I'm not positive). Excursions are extra, they have inflatables in the water you can pay by the hour, as well as a big inflatable slide you can buy 1 run or more. You can also rent floating mats. They have cabanas and two person shelters you can rent as well.

When it's updated, more things will be available that cost extra but since it hasn't happened yet can't say for sure what the costs will be.

Hi All!
We're looking into doing a cruise on RCL and I was wondering about their private island, Coco Cay. Are any beach chairs/umbrellas included or does everything cost extra? Is the food on the island included? I'm sure alcoholic drinks and excursions have an extra cost, but what about other things?

Thanks so much!

They serve lunch...included.

The drink package does currently extend to both Coco Cay and Labadee. However, with Coco Cay getting the Perfect Day update it has been hinted that the drink package may no longer be accepted on the island in the future. Specifically, when asked on FB the response wasn't "yes it will still work" but "There's still more details to come out on that one". Which means something is changing, we just don't know what.

Anyway, back to OP: It depends largely on when you are going as a lot is going to change in the coming years. It does look like you will still be able to get a free beach day with lunch and the usual included beverages for the foreseeable future. What changes, when it changes, and what any prices will be is all TBD though.

We’re looking into a cruise this October so I think the dock should be finished so we may not have to tender.

We’re looking into a cruise this October so I think the dock should be finished so we may not have to tender.
Key word there is should. I'm a bit more optimistic but a lot of RCCL regulars don't think it will be ready until 2019. I'm sailing in November so I'm hoping it will be finished on time as well. Of course, "on time" has already changed, twice, so maybe the regulars have a valid foundation for their pessimism.

As of right now, Coco Cay is just like Castaway Cay, in that there is a free lunch, free chaises and umbrellas, and several paid excursions. It sounds like once the updates on Coco Cay are complete, there will be more paid excursions available.
Denise

That's great. Our Mariner cruise stops at CoCo Cay. So sounds like you can spend $0 for the basics if wanted (chairs, food, non-alcoholic drinks)

P.S. - Wish the dock was finished for our cruise but it won't be (Aug). Have heard that the stop often gets missed due to winds with tendering.

The drink package does currently extend to both Coco Cay and Labadee. However, with Coco Cay getting the Perfect Day update it has been hinted that the drink package may no longer be accepted on the island in the future. Specifically, when asked on FB the response wasn't "yes it will still work" but "There's still more details to come out on that one". Which means something is changing, we just don't know what.

Anyway, back to OP: It depends largely on when you are going as a lot is going to change in the coming years. It does look like you will still be able to get a free beach day with lunch and the usual included beverages for the foreseeable future. What changes, when it changes, and what any prices will be is all TBD though.
Agreed. There's a lot of speculation as to what the end result will be. I'd anticipate a bit of backlash if the drink package is not included after the makeover.

P.S. - Wish the dock was finished for our cruise but it won't be (Aug). Have heard that the stop often gets missed due to winds with tendering.

While always possible, we’ve never missed this stop on multiple trips. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Plus, we’ve had dolphins swimming beside the tender on our way back to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter