"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

Great report, really enjoyed it, thanks for all, your stats at the end, this is always fun to read!
Thanks! It was awesome to read yours too and make these awesome Dis connections!

:rotfl: I thought something like this too after our first trip. I was like oh well we did that, we won't be back for a couple years, but about 4 months later I couldn't shake the idea of planning another trip, and the rest is history :laughing:

Me too! I love the planning.

It's so much better after the first trip when you feel like you have to do everything, that was a lot more stressful than the way we tour now that we know we'll be back.
Yeah, future trips are definitely less stressful! And I feel I can focus more on atmosphere, as well as not needing to hit the "must-do" dining that isn't necessarily as good as many of the low-key dining options!

Awwww, over so soon? (jk lol)

I'm so glad to hear this was such an overall good first experience for you. Everything really worked out for the best for you, it seemed. First WDW trips really are the most magical (nothing will ever beat my first time... NOTHING).

I'm LIVING for your love of CP babies. We mostly tend to get a bad rap and your appreciation of us is so obvious and just so so nice to hear, thank you (see: when you gave Raven & I the pins... that I sadly lost in the amount of traveling I ended up doing that trip (don'thateme *SOBS*)).

I'm a bit saddened that you seem to have no love for Studios, but you really saw it at its worst. If only you had been there for the Streets of America, daytime parade, Animation Academy, etc. etc. era. It really is the DCA of Disney World in that it seems to have had its moment of grandeur at one point and now it just doesn't know what to do with itself. Hopefully you'll get to see a second era of that when it probably won't be "Studios" anymore.

Omg all those trips! I'm so so jealous about the cruise and DLP, as I've probz mentioned before. This really kicked off everything for your non-Disneyland Disney park adventures! So excited to hear all about it and see you again at the OG park this summer! :mickeyjum
Oh, you should have let me know about the pin! I've seen 2 more on the boards since then!

I do agree that the Studios are just not up to snuff right now! I know I'll like Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, but I'm still worried about it not feeling like a cohesive park! I guess some people feel that way about DCA, but because I've been there from the start, I still love it!

Great ending to a fabulous trip! Can't wait to read about more of your adventures!
Thanks for following along!

I've enjoyed your report! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to read about your future adventures!
Glad you enjoyed! It was a lot of fun remembering everything!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, yea....you didn't make it quite to 5 years LOL :)

I do this EVERY time we leave Disney!!! It's like writing the date after the year changes....takes awhile to get out of your system!

I absolutely LOVE that Peoplemover is in your top 5. Mine, too :)

I also get the MB feeling on my next trips to Disneyland! When I go to scan at the Fastpass, I sometimes reach out my wrist rather than using my AP or app!

Peoplemover is definitely a relaxing ride, just what is needed!

Great wrap up to your report! Loved the comparison of Disneyland to WDW. As someone who has never visited DL, I felt like I got a good understanding of the differences between the two parks. And I had no clue DL had more rides than WDW!!

*And unless something changes, we'll definitely make the Dismeet in Paris happen!*
Yay! I can't wait to see you guys!

Disneyland does focus more on rides, while Disneyworld has more shows. Disneyland rides are also super close together, in Fantasyland exiting one ride will put you a few steps from entering the next queue!

Just found your TR and can't wait to get started reading it! Hope to finish before our trip in August, haha!
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it and feel free to comment/ask questions!

Wow Lesley I didn't realize I hadn't finished your TR.

[QU
OTE="Lesley Wake, post: 59030135, member: 596872"]
fwx1aDS.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:rotfl2:

Oh yum

It was weird going to the parks without any sort of bag, just my wallet, phone, and magic band!
I love the freedom of no bags and no bag check lines are the big bonus.

I enjoyed reading your TR and the comparisons to the 2 parks. Will bookmark your present TR. Hope you enjoy Disneyland Paris. We saw the resorts from a bus we were taking on our way to pick up an RV rental for 18 nt's in Europe. I wasn't impressed with the resorts the theming wasn't as great and they seemed dirty. (edited to add I saw in your Siggy that you've already been to PAris, can't wait to read it) I can't wait to read your TR's for all of your upcoming trips and of course I look forward to meeting you next year. :hug:

Last edited:
Day 0, Part 1 “Baby’s First Hurricane?”

We woke up bright and early (4:30 am) on Thursday, September 7.

giphy.gif

The previous day had been full of finishing up everything at work as well as packing. We had a total of 4 suitcases: one for my sister’s clothes and stuff, one for my clothes and stuff, one for supplies (most of which were collected pre-hurricane), and one for water :sad2:! One of my co-workers does work with Disneyland and was talking to someone in Florida who said they were all running out of water, so I panicked and grabbed a case of water at the store! (It actually worked out in the end as we used that extra suitcase for souvenirs/inefficient packing!)

giphy.gif

My mom graciously offered to drop us off at LAX, and Lauren’s boyfriend came to help her with bags. We didn’t have any real issues with LA traffic and were able to use my EZPass to get in the carpool lane and bypass the worst of it.

giphy.gif

First mom dropped Lauren and her boyfriend off at Terminal 1 (Southwest), then looped around to Terminal 6 (Virgin America). No issues dropping off my bags and getting thru TSA (I have precheck from when I was doing a lot of travel for work – which, btw, if you are considering, get it! It’s awesome, lasts for 5 yrs, and just costs $80ish plus one fingerprint session).

Aside-I dislike flying out of LAX. When given the chance I much prefer Burbank or Ontario which are much closer to my house and also so non-busy I can sometimes leave my house 1 hr before flight boarding time and still have time to drive, park (or valet), security, and stop and grab a pastry at the airport before boarding my flight! LAX used to be a very dismal airport with not many amenities outside of the massive Bradley International terminal. Well in the past few years they have really been working to improve that. So now, it is still dismal in the parking garages and drop off areas, but once you get thru security, it is actually pretty nice with lots of open ceilings and good food places! Now they are trying to get a new airport-train system which will be awesome once open! End of Aside.

I got to my gate with plenty of time to spare (my sister’s flight was leaving 1 hr before mine, so the timing was based on her flight), so pulled up Moana on Netflix on my phone! I ended up only getting thru half of it, as I kept stopping to check other things online, including the all important Dis boards!

Very quickly, it was time to start boarding. Somehow I was put in a really early boarding zone, so was probably in the first 10 people to board the plane. As I walked down the jetway I just couldn’t stop smiling, I was on my way to Disneyworld:flower:! When I sat down I realized no one was in the aisle behind me, and I took this:

While more people did end up boarding, this is the final result. Because everyone was on board, we were able to leave almost 30 minutes early!

And best of all…I had a whole row to myself!:worship:

As everyone was boarding a couple with a baby ended up sitting a couple rows behind me and some random guy turns to them and goes: “Baby’s first hurricane?” “Yup, gotta break her in!” Everyone laughed and actually that baby was the quietest I have ever experienced-I forgot until we were disembarking that there she was even there!

The captain greeted us with “Good morning and welcome all you thrill seekers” which got plenty of (nervous) laughs from people!:sail:

We took off with no issues and when we turned to head east, I was able to see Disneyland!:earboy2:

I ended up watching Lego Batman movie, which was pretty good (no Disney movies in the Virgin America system :sad1:). But, then for the weirdest/grossest thing to ever happen to me on flight, I felt something on my elbow. Look down and there was a foot! The person behind me decided they were going to stick their bare feet through the arm rest!

giphy.gif

So gross! I was so weirded out and would have said something, but they ended up taking their foot down before I did (but not before I got photo evidence).

And weirder-during the drink service I looked to the side and they had just moved it to another seat on my row! When they took their foot down though to get a drink I made sure to lift up the arm rests so they couldn’t do that anymore!

Well, anyways, after Lego Batman, I was getting tired, so I decided to get some rest, which I could since I could stretch across the entire row! I actually put on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and dozed in and out (but I know there was a point when I was definitely asleep because I don’t remember hearing a big section of the movie-I had already seen it in theaters though). Once that was done we were getting closer to Orlando so I decided against a full movie and watched some live TV (I think reruns of sitcoms). Unfortunately I couldn’t get a photo of Disneyworld too because it was too cloudy.

We ended up landing 30 minutes early and it felt a bit surreal when I put on my Magicband for the first time! So excited!:dancer:

The foot pics!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Lesley I didn't realize I hadn't finished your TR.

:rotfl2:

Oh yum

I love the freedom of no bags and no bag check lines are the big bonus.

I enjoyed reading your TR and the comparisons to the 2 parks. Will bookmark your present TR. Hope you enjoy Disneyland Paris. We saw the resorts from a bus we were taking on our way to pick up an RV rental for 18 nt's in Europe. I wasn't impressed with the resorts the theming wasn't as great and they seemed dirty. (edited to add I saw in your Siggy that you've already been to PAris, can't wait to read it) I can't wait to read your TR's for all of your upcoming trips and of course I look forward to meeting you next year. :hug:
I did like Disneyland Paris. The resort theming is definitely not up to par with WDW, but the park itself - gorgeous!

And I can't wait to meet you too!

The foot pics!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

I know-so gross!

I did like Disneyland Paris. The resort theming is definitely not up to par with WDW, but the park itself - gorgeous!

And I can't wait to meet you too!

I know-so gross!
Loved your trip report! So well done! So interesting! Thank you! Finished it today.

Loved your trip report! So well done! So interesting! Thank you! Finished it today.
Thanks so much! I actually really enjoy writing them, as I can relive the magic. And I will have a bunch coming up - still need to continue my Disneyland Paris one, and then I have 4 (!) upcoming Disneyworld trips, plus hopefully Tokyo Disney!!! Eeep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!