We've finally booked!

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
After much lurking on here and six months learning basic Japanese, I finally took the plunge and booked our flights for September 2017. Your trip reports have been invaluable, I've learnt so much.

We'll be at Tokyo Disney from 9th - 15th September, with a split stay between the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Miracosta before heading into central Tokyo where we've booked a Ryokan in Shinjuku.

We're hoping to book either the Alice in Wonderland or the Beauty and the Beast rooms at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel but I don't know how easy that will be. Wish me luck when March rolls around!

Congrats! We spent four days in the parks in early September, and the crowd levels were VERY low, which only served to create a more magical experience for us. The only downside -- prepare for incredible heat and humidity. We lucked out to avoid rain during our week in Japan, but it was seriously hot and humid the entire time we were there. Aside from that, we had an awesome time and you will too :)

The Beauty and the Beast rooms seemed way easier to book online than anything other than super expensive suites in the Miracosta. (Not sure about Alice as I didn't look at those) Good luck!

Congratulations, hoping you will have an awesome time. We are planning a trip in Spring 2018 (going to take that long to save enough $$$$) and will be looking forward to your trip report as we are also planning a split stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and Miracosta. Keep enjoying the planning and please keep us updated. :yay:

How exciting! So great that you're learning Japanese. I tried to learn a little as well but I think I did it too much in my head instead of practicing aloud, so when I finally got to Japan, my tongue got all twisted! I ended up resorting to "arigatou" instead of the the full "arigatou gozaimasu". Tongue got twisted on the gozaimasu!

I stayed in the Beauty and the Beast room earlier this year and it was amazing! Would definitely recommend! It was really easy to book online and all the staff were lovely when we were there.

How exciting! So great that you're learning Japanese. I tried to learn a little as well but I think I did it too much in my head instead of practicing aloud, so when I finally got to Japan, my tongue got all twisted! I ended up resorting to "arigatou" instead of the the full "arigatou gozaimasu". Tongue got twisted on the gozaimasu!

It's so hard! I'm using a Spotify app in my car, so I just repeat it over and over to get it right (I look crazy at the traffic lights) I'm hoping I can nail the basics this way and then maybe get a tutor to check I'm actually pronouncing things quickly.

I stayed in the Beauty and the Beast room earlier this year and it was amazing! Would definitely recommend! It was really easy to book online and all the staff were lovely when we were there.

I'm so glad it's as awesome as it looks! I just saw the pictures and was like yep, that's the one. Though staying anywhere in TDR will be good I suspect

Thanks guys! I'm a bit scared of the humidity as England is pretty drab all year round, but we'll get by.
Thats great we have been both times in June only thing that killed me was the humidity was brutal in June but only time we can go .Dont think its quite as bad in Sept .

It's so hard! I'm using a Spotify app in my car, so I just repeat it over and over to get it right (I look crazy at the traffic lights) I'm hoping I can nail the basics this way and then maybe get a tutor to check I'm actually pronouncing things quickly.

Which app is it if I may ask..? I've got Rosetta stone through my work but I am not enjoying it at all. :(

Which app is it if I may ask..? I've got Rosetta stone through my work but I am not enjoying it at all. :(
It's called Learn Japanese in your car and it's by Henry Raymond Jr.

It's very repetitive but in 6 months I've finished 14 lessons and feel like I could cope with directions/ buying tickets /restaurants etc I'm definitely not at conversational standard though

Repetition is really good! I honestly think its why things were so much easier in school - my teacher would make us do things over and over and over again. She wanted each kanji practiced using an entire sheet of graph paper for each one and then more during review time. She'd get mad if any were sloppy.

Hey there! I've been lurking around the Tokyo Disney threads, since we just booked our trip, and came across this! It looks like we'll be there during the same time! We'll be there Sept 10 - 14 :wave:

Is this your first trip to Tokyo?

Hey there! I've been lurking around the Tokyo Disney threads, since we just booked our trip, and came across this! It looks like we'll be there during the same time! We'll be there Sept 10 - 14 :wave:

Is this your first trip to Tokyo?

Hello! We are indeed there the same time. We arrive late on the 10th, are at Disneyland for Costume Days (got my costume already!) on the 11th and 12th then Disneysea on the 13th and 14th before heading into "actual" Tokyo! Hopefully we'll bump into you.

This is my first trip, I've never been anywhere in Asia so I suspect it's going to be a bit of a culture shock but I'm so excited!

Hello! We are indeed there the same time. We arrive late on the 10th, are at Disneyland for Costume Days (got my costume already!) on the 11th and 12th then Disneysea on the 13th and 14th before heading into "actual" Tokyo! Hopefully we'll bump into you.

This is my first trip, I've never been anywhere in Asia so I suspect it's going to be a bit of a culture shock but I'm so excited!

Excellent! It's our first trip too. We'll be in "actual" Tokyo the week before we head to the parks so if we do bump into each other, I'll have to give you my recommendations :thumbsup2

I'm so nervous about the heat and humidity, but I definitely won't let it put a damper on our trip!

Excellent! It's our first trip too. We'll be in "actual" Tokyo the week before we head to the parks so if we do bump into each other, I'll have to give you my recommendations :thumbsup2

I'm so nervous about the heat and humidity, but I definitely won't let it put a damper on our trip!

I am very, very nervous about the humidity. I'm pale and English and not used to it getting above 75f so the thought of dressing up in the heat is a bit scary.

Hopefully we'll bump into you, will be nice to see another Disboarder.

I was a bit scared of culture shock as well, but found Japan such an easy country to get used to. Everyone is so friendly, it is clean everywhere (all my friends are already tired of me telling them over and over again how amazing Japanese pubic toilets are!), I never felt unsafe in anyway.

Have a great trip!

I was a bit scared of culture shock as well, but found Japan such an easy country to get used to. Everyone is so friendly, it is clean everywhere (all my friends are already tired of me telling them over and over again how amazing Japanese pubic toilets are!), I never felt unsafe in anyway.

Have a great trip!

Thank you! I know I'll have a great time when I'm out there, I'm just an over thinker. I'm so glad to hear that people are friendly, I expect I'll be asking for directions constantly.

When I was there end of August, a ton of women were using parasols to keep the sun off them. I used an umbrella to great effect. If you plan to queue early, something like that is essential. I found that the climate was not bad as long as I was in the shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts