• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We've booked our Summer trip!

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Going 18th - 22nd July, staying at Newport Bay Club.Opted for Eurostar again rather than ferry in the end.

Can't wait!!!

You lucky thing, how lovely. :flower:
Can i ask you a question about Eurostar as you have been on it before does it take long to get through customs/security when you arrive at DLP? as i was wondering how long I would have to wait to get into the park on arrival :rotfl:

We are there from 19th - 22nd, may see you around! We'll be on the same Eurostar ride home!

bluegirl said:
You lucky thing, how lovely. :flower:
Can i ask you a question about Eurostar as you have been on it before does it take long to get through customs/security when you arrive at DLP? as i was wondering how long I would have to wait to get into the park on arrival :rotfl:

There is no customs / security, you just walk of the platform,

Its all checked at waterloo / ashford.

Only takes a long as it takes to walk

I've found previously with Eurostar that it can be a nightmare getting your luggage from the Disney Express desk coming home. When we went in November last year we cut it a bit fine - only got the train with about 5 minutes to spare and we'd left a big queue behind us. Would the train go if people were still collecting their bags or would it wait til everyone was on? I'll make sure we're there earlier this time anyway.

Question re fast passes, I've never used these before. Where do you actually get them from and is there a charge for them?

Thanks
Joanne

Fast Passes are free. There is a FP machine next to every FP attraction and uou insert your ticket and a FP ticket comes out (plus your DLRP ticket) with a time for you to come back and when you come back at that time you join the FP queue which is evry small and sometimes non-existant as they only allocate a certion amount of FP tickets per time period.

Remember that if one of you goes to the fastpass machine, that you'll need everyone's passport.
Peter Pan fastpasses are normally the first to go around lunchtime.

Reid

What do you mean by passports? Can you get more than one fast pass per person at a time? My daughter's favourite ride is Peter Pan and she likes to ride it several times a day. We went end of June last year and the queues weren't that bad but I guess it will be a lot differant middle of july.

Your Passport is your ticket of entry to DLRP parks.

You can only get a 2nd Fastpass ticket with the same Passport when the allocated time period of the 1st Fastpass has gone.

Have a lovely time!

I would love to hear what you make of the Newport Bay Club as it is one of the options I am considering for next year :)

I stayed at the Newport Bay in November 2004 and we really liked it. Rooms are nice and spacious and clean. Our only complaint was that it was way too hot - it was the end of November and we had the windows open! The park wasn't overly busy when we went so we had no problems with queues at breakfast. Staff nice and friendly - i would definately recommend it. We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't tell you what that was like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter