WestJet connector through Toronto....checked bags confusion

Planner2012

Mouseketeer
We are flying YXU (London, ON) to YYZ to MCO on WestJet. I was hoping to do this trip with carry-ons only, but that's not gonna happen. So my question is with my checked bag.
Someone on here had explained the customs procedure in Toronto to me, but the YYZ website says that passengers on some airlines do not need to retrieve their bag before customs, not all. So, my question is, is WestJet one of these airlines or do I need to pick up my bag in YYZ and then recheck?
I called WestJet, and she wasn't sure & told me to follow the signs at the airport. I would feel so much better if I knew ahead of time what to expect. I'll be travelling with my kids & my mom and will be responsible for figuring all this stuff out.
TIA

YXU to YYZ to MCO, you do not need to pick up your bags at YYZ. If you plan on having Disney pick up your luggage at MCO, make sure you put the tags on before you drop them off at YXU.

Edit: I should add that this is with Westjet. We did this flight last December.

deleted (I ranted a bit about a bad experience with West Jet but it doesn't belong here) Enjoy your trip you will be fine with your luggage through Pearson

Last edited:

I just did these exact 2 flights on Thanksgiving Sunday. Definitely don't need to pick up your bags in Toronto. Have a great trip!

Anyone know if this is the same for every airline? We're flying YVR to YYZ to MCO on Air Canada and I was assuming we'd have to clear customs in TO?

Anyone know if this is the same for every airline? We're flying YVR to YYZ to MCO on Air Canada and I was assuming we'd have to clear customs in TO?

From the Air Canada website:

Connecting through Toronto Pearson - From Canada to the U.S.
You do not need to claim your checked baggage

1. Walk toward gate D20 and follow purple signage for Connections and F Gates:
    -Take escalator up one level
  2. Have boarding pass ready for inspection and turn left towards moving walkway
  3. Clear security
  4. Enter the U.S. Connection Hall:
    -Use Automated Passport Control (APC) or Global Entry (GE) kiosks as applicable
    -Scan boarding pass and proceed as directed
    -Clear U.S. Customs
  5. Follow signage for F Gates and proceed to your departure gate

From the Air Canada website:

Connecting through Toronto Pearson - From Canada to the U.S.
You do not need to claim your checked baggage

1. Walk toward gate D20 and follow purple signage for Connections and F Gates:
    -Take escalator up one level
  2. Have boarding pass ready for inspection and turn left towards moving walkway
  3. Clear security
  4. Enter the U.S. Connection Hall:
    -Use Automated Passport Control (APC) or Global Entry (GE) kiosks as applicable
    -Scan boarding pass and proceed as directed
    -Clear U.S. Customs
  5. Follow signage for F Gates and proceed to your departure gate
Great info. Glad you don’t have to pick up luggage anymore. Last time I had to do this I broke my toe re checking bag back on ramp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter