West end shows?

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
This isn’t Disney related obviously but we’re planning a London trip and want to see a show that we haven’t seen before. We tend to like the lighter story shows like Wicked, Disney, Matilda but we’ve seen all of those. Our choices are Amelie, Come from Away, 9 to 5, Waitress, or Tina. Has anyone seen any of these or does anyone recommend any of them?

Last edited:
Assuming you have already seen Lion King (if not, then that is a must), then I would suggest Mamma Mia. And for something a bit different, there is the Fawlty Towers Dining Experience - 3 course meal, with 3 actors playing Basil, Manuel and Sybil.

Assuming you have already seen Lion King (if not, then that is a must), then I would suggest Mamma Mia. And for something a bit different, there is the Fawlty Towers Dining Experience - 3 course meal, with 3 actors playing Basil, Manuel and Sybil.
Have you done the Fawlty Towers? I was thinking of doing it so wondered if it was good.

Have you done the Fawlty Towers? I was thinking of doing it so wondered if it was good.
Yes, did it this year on holiday. Fantastic time - very funny. The actors were just like the original cast. Even the food was good - considering it was a fixed menu with no choice. Can really recommend it - not cheap, but if you look at it as a dinner and a show, it makes more sense value wise.

This isn’t Disney related obviously but we’re planning a London trip and want to see a show that we haven’t seen before. We tend to like the lighter story shows like Wicked, Disney, Matilda but we’ve seen all of those. Our choices are Amelie, Come from Away, 9 to 5, Waitress, or Tina. Has anyone seen any of these or does anyone recommend any of them?

Ooh, and when are you coming over as there’s a few new shows starting.

Ooh, and when are you coming over as there’s a few new shows starting.
I’m thinking first week of January. It would be for adults but we don’t like overly serious drama based ones... well I don’t. I tend to like the ones with catchier songs than a serious story I have to follow lol

By far the best musical currently running is Book of Mormon, great catchy songs and really funny. But it isn't child friendly - definitely adults only!
It’s not on when we’re thinking of going

We’ve seen the lion king on broadway and in Dublin twice so wanted something new hence the list above. I know Mary Poppins is on when we’d be going but we’ve seen that as well and wicked and Matilda. Problem is I don’t know anything about the others that are new and will be on

I’d recommend Six at the Arts Theatre in Covent Garden. The songs are catchy and ticket prices are very reasonable as it’s only 1hr 15mins without an interval. Both my daughter and I enjoyed it so much I’ve booked to see it again.

Another show I have heard good things about (although not seen it myself) is The Show That Went Wrong. The premise for the show is an amateur dramatic society putting on a play, and everything going wrong. Lots of stuff going on in the theatre itself even before the curtain goes up.

How about:
School of rock a fun musical
9 to 5 the musical this one is really feel good and the cast & musical are great
Tina Turner the musical not seen this one but doing really well & popular
The play that goes wrong (comedy play) so so funny
Grown ups ( comedy play) new one opening in a few weeks

Hi there!
I watched Waitress on Saturday - FANTASTIC! I would definitely recommend. You certainly won’t be disappointed. Lucie Jones who plays the lead has the most amazing voice. All the cast were fabulous. You can even buy little pies in the interval! The Salted Caramel was delicious!
The Adelphi Theatre is a few minutes walk from Covent Garden and Somerset House. Have a great trip.

How about:
School of rock a fun musical
9 to 5 the musical this one is really feel good and the cast & musical are great
Tina Turner the musical not seen this one but doing really well & popular
The play that goes wrong (comedy play) so so funny
Grown ups ( comedy play) new one opening in a few weeks
Have you seen School of Rock? Is it ok? I loved the film, and was tempted to see if this year whilst staying in London, but I saw the cast from the show sing on a TV programme, and wasn't particularly impressed with their performance, so decided not to go - we did Wicked instead (much to my son's disgust - he hated Wicked!).

Have you seen School of Rock? Is it ok? I loved the film, and was tempted to see if this year whilst staying in London, but I saw the cast from the show sing on a TV programme, and wasn't particularly impressed with their performance, so decided not to go - we did Wicked instead (much to my son's disgust - he hated Wicked!).

Yep, I saw School of Rock last summer.
It’s not my fav show (I’ve seen quite a few) but it’s a really fun one and the cast of kids are super talented.
I’m very glad I’ve seen the show so would recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter