~~We're off to Neverland...Take 3~~

MommyWithDreams

<font color=deeppink>What has the Dis done to me?
So I just can't take it anymore...I must begin my "pre trip report". We leave in exactly ...:::::::drumroll please:::::::::::

Trip Dates 3/1-3/7

This is our third trip in the past three years. The difference this year...it's JUST the 3 of us. Well us and thousands of others and a few dozen Dis Diva's!

The Cast:

Me, The mommywithdreams aka as Janelle. I LOVED Disneyland as a kid...but three years ago when I took my then 3 year old son to Disneyland for the first time I had a whole new appreciation for Disneyland. It was a trip I never knew we'd get...and here we are doing it again for the third time.

Chris, my DBF over 2 1/2 years. He loves Disneyland as much as I do. BUT did dissapoint me when he said "Maybe we should do something different this year". WAS HE CRAZY? He lost that one obviously ..but he sends me random text messages during the day talking about pirates and mickey ice cream bars. He must be excited too

Ayden, my 5 year old son and my best friend. He LOVES Minnie Mouse, Buzz and anything Cars related. Before our first trip all he talked about was "hugging Minnie"...He was pretty apprehensive of the characters the first year. I had to be in every picture. Last year...hew as Mr. Independant and LOVED all of them. He was more adventurous with his rides last year too...and is hoping to do Indiana Jones this year too. :)

So this is the first year we're not having to arrive at the airport before the sun comes up which will be nice. Our flight leaves Sacramento around 10am. We are staying at the Park Vue Inn since the DIS girls took over HOJO's. :rotfl: That's ok...as much as I LOVE HOJO's. I'm kinda excited to try something new and be soooooooo close to the parks. We're planning on going to DL on Sunday and catching the Pixar Parade on Sunday also at CA. Last year we missed the opening of Pixar Parade by 2 weeks. Ayden will be so excited to see McQueen and Mater. He's never seen them before at DL.

We're keeping a pretty open schedule this year. Not doing a character breakfast, nor are we eating at the Blue Bayou. I'm hoping to try some new things this year. Although....I might not be able to resist the Flying Dutchman...it was so yummy last year. The one PS ressie we have is for Carnation Cafe on Friday at 3ish.....we'll probably be finishing up when the Dis Diva's come take over the restaurant so I'm excited to say hello and meet some of them.

Until next time....

Where oh where should we get our tickets through? I like that Disney has the whole E-ticket feature. Last year we went through Getaway today so we had the extra Magic Morning ....but if I remember right they charged us an additional $20 for a service fee. Anyone use the E-Ticket feature through Disneyland.com?

Hi!

We used the e-ticket option from disneyland.com in 2007.
We're from Australia so that was the easiest way for us to pre-purchase tickets.
We got a barcoded print out that we took straight to the entry gates, and once they swiped the barcode they exchaged them for proper tickets.
No waiting in the ticket booth queue and it was so easy! :banana:

Can't wait to hear more - have fun!!

Thanks Maryr. I think that's what we'll be doing.

So we're in the teens!!! 19 days left and we're off to Disneyland! Last night we made PS reservations for WCT. It will be our first time eating there and I'm pretty excited.

I have my stash of LGMH's and I'm just not sure what to do with them yet. I'm a little nervous to meet the other DIS'ers....but I have no idea why.

Ayden is so excited for our trip. I'm really anxious to see if he goes through on his desire to ride Indiana Jones. I think he's just barely going to make the height requirement. I think if we get through the queue quick he just might be ok. The longer he stands around looking at skulls and such the more apt he is to change his mind. But then again...my son is the one you'll see standing in line for the matterhorn or thunder mountain...whining that he doesn't want to go. I'm the mom that looks like the mean mom making him go because I want to go. The truth of it is...he's been on both of them sooo many times I've lost count and loves it every time and doesn't want to get off the ride when it's over. ha ha

Oh and one more thing....we started our countdown a few days ago. Ayden put up all the bubbles on the wall and each night he adds a mickey head!!!

0208091838.jpg

We are staying at the Park Vue Inn since the DIS girls took over HOJO's. :rotfl:

The one PS ressie we have is for Carnation Cafe on Friday at 3ish.....we'll probably be finishing up when the Dis Diva's come take over the restaurant so I'm excited to say hello and meet some of them.

Until next time....
:rotfl2:
We can't wait to meet you too!!

I have my stash of LGMH's and I'm just not sure what to do with them yet. I'm a little nervous to meet the other DIS'ers....but I have no idea why.
Aww, don't be nervous! It's fun. And no matter what, just remember all DISers have one thing in common.......we love Disney! :thumbsup2

Oh and one more thing....we started our countdown a few days ago. Ayden put up all the bubbles on the wall and each night he adds a mickey head!!!

0208091838.jpg
How cute! What a fun idea. :)

That countdown idea is super cute! (and so is your son)

Too bad about HoJo's, but you'll love being sooooooooooo close to the entrance.

So nice that you can make your way to the airport at a decent time. That always makes a big difference for me. I'll wave bye bye to you as you fly overhead on your way to the happiest place on earth. :yay:

Awww, your son is SO cute!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!

Aw thanks Ariel! I have to say I love your reason for your trips...the "because I love you" ...I might have to steal that idea. So cute!!!

That countdown idea is super cute! (and so is your son)

Too bad about HoJo's, but you'll love being sooooooooooo close to the entrance.

So nice that you can make your way to the airport at a decent time. That always makes a big difference for me. I'll wave bye bye to you as you fly overhead on your way to the happiest place on earth. :yay:

Kathleen if you jump REALLY high maybe you could come with us :rotfl:
I think you're right about being so close...HOJO's wasn't bad at all....but knowing we'll be just that much closer makes it that much more exciting :banana:

Sooooooo now I'm even more excited!!!! I just bought a new Sony Camcorder for our upcoming trip. Ok so it's not JUST for the trip..but what great timing eh? :cool1: I had been researching them a lot lately....I was afraid of spending the cash but honestly I will certainly get my moneys worth. I am a picture taking nutcase! As you will see when we get back from Disneyland.
I wish I could figure out how to post the links to my past two trip reports....anyone know how?

Sooooooo now I'm even more excited!!!! I just bought a new Sony Camcorder for our upcoming trip. Ok so it's not JUST for the trip..but what great timing eh? :cool1: I had been researching them a lot lately....I was afraid of spending the cash but honestly I will certainly get my moneys worth. I am a picture taking nutcase! As you will see when we get back from Disneyland.
I wish I could figure out how to post the links to my past two trip reports....anyone know how?

Oh that's awesome about the camcorder!! I loved having ours for our honeymoon trip (of course I never got to touch it because the Hubby stole it the whole time :rotfl: ). I'm sure you will have so much fun watching all the videos later on though.

Ok, I'm not sure if there is a better way but the way I added the links to my TRs was to go to my TR and then I copied the web address and then pasted it into my siggy. I am relatively new on the boards so I'm sure somebody else will tell you a more correct (or at least) easier way to do it. Hope that helps. I would love to read your previous TRs especially if you have tons of pics...I love me some pictures!!!

So my nerves are all on edge now. Another plane crash last night killing everyone on board. I am not a big fan of flying but I'm even a worse fan of driving. :scared1: We fly to DL every time we go....I couldn't imagine spending an entire day in the car when I could have been at the park in less than 2 hours. Anyway....just get me there ok and get me home safely.

So I'm so beyond excited. We booked HOJO's for a December trip as well. Our first time to DL during the Holidays! :banana: :banana:

How exciting to already have the next trip planned & during the holidays....I'm so jealous!!
We'll be coming in to town on your last day...so have all those rides warmed up for us (and the weather.....)
I loved your bubble idea....we did a paper chain (a really long one) in 2005 for our son (then 3). We told him we were going in February & our trip was not until the end of June. Needless to say the chain ran down our hallway & back in thru the dining room when we started. But.... it really helped him understand when we were going.
If your son is a huge Cars fan, he'll love the Pixar Play Parade. We got to see it last March & my son (now 7) was absolutely coming unglued when he saw Lightning & Matar and the Incredibles. Its fun to listen to him on our video of the parade.... :laughing:
Have a magical trip!! :flower3:

How exciting to already have the next trip planned & during the holidays....I'm so jealous!!
We'll be coming in to town on your last day...so have all those rides warmed up for us (and the weather.....)
I loved your bubble idea....we did a paper chain (a really long one) in 2005 for our son (then 3). We told him we were going in February & our trip was not until the end of June. Needless to say the chain ran down our hallway & back in thru the dining room when we started. But.... it really helped him understand when we were going.
If your son is a huge Cars fan, he'll love the Pixar Play Parade. We got to see it last March & my son (now 7) was absolutely coming unglued when he saw Lightning & Matar and the Incredibles. Its fun to listen to him on our video of the parade.... :laughing:
Have a magical trip!! :flower3:

Thanks DizneeLuver
I'm glad to see I still have a reader, but then again I haven't really posted much lately. About the Pixar Parade....I am soooooooooooo for my son to see it. We missed it last year by just a few weeks. We never even got to see them in the parks. :(I haven't told him about it yet...just going to be a pleasant surprise. We planned on doing the Pixar Parade on Sunday when we get there. I figured the rush to get out of CA would be worse during the week since the park closes at 6 and the parade is at 5:15. This is the first trip that we don't have a real schedule....and I'm actually liking it. Besides the parade...the only other thing we have is PS at Carnation Cafe and WCT. Everything else we're just going to play by ear.

So here's some details about our Holiday trip. Some may think I'm crazy but.....I'm not thinking about "me" in all this.
We have asked my ex husband to try to join us. Now a little I left him in January of 2006 after I found out he was cheating on me. From 2006 till now he has barely worked. Let's just say he's been unemployed longer during that time than he's actually held down a job. He's been unemployed for the last 10 months now. Supposably looking but I won't hold my breath. Anyway.....he does do a few karaoke jobs a week so he has some income from that but as for any form a child support I get nada. Anyway.......I want Ayden to be able to experience Disneyland with his dad too. As well as I want his dad to have that same experience with Ayden. We are not paying a dime for his way....I just put some figures on paper and told him he'd have 9 months to save some money. He could book a room at HOJO's for two nights...etc etc...anyway my figures came up to a little less than 600 and that's if he chooses to fly and rates are close to what we got this time, although I did round up. Anyway.....9 months to save??? That's not bad and if he wants to go bad enough he should be able to find a way. Ok ok so maybe I am thinking of me too.........Chris and I are already thinking about a day of just the two of us in the park to do whatever we want and eat at someplace like Napa Rose. :cloud9: I've never been there but I really want to try it. Anyway....not your typical family vacation....but the bottom line is I am thinking of my son first and I know how much I enjoy the time with him there, I'm sure his dad would as well. If not...then we go and still have the amazing time we always have. Oh and this would DEFINITELY be a surprise for Ayden...he has no clue and I plan to keep it that way.

TEN DAYS TILL DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really enjoying your PTR. I think it is neat that you invited your ex. I don't think I would have the forgiveness in me. Good for you!:thumbsup2

I am looking forward to more.

Well I applaud you for looking past the "ex" thing & inviting him to spend the holidays with his son at Disneyland!!! Hopefully he comes up with his part (financially) & follows thru on the plans. I think your son would really love to spend time with his dad at the parks. I wish you all the best of luck in the planning of that trip!!!

Now back to this trip...... are you like totally excited now??? Just days away!!! :cool1: Have a super magical trip & I'll look forward to reading all about it!!!! (then you'll have to read mine ;) )

I am really enjoying your PTR. I think it is neat that you invited your ex. I don't think I would have the forgiveness in me. Good for you!:thumbsup2

I am looking forward to more.

Oh I didn't say I forgave him LOL. Well I guess I kinda did...I forgave him but I never forgot. This may sound crazy but I'm so thankful everything happened the way it did. It lead me to my DBF Chris. We have been together 2 1/2 years. He's the role model I always wanted my son to have. He stepped up when Ayden's dad stepped down. I love him so much...AND the best thing about it..HE LOVES DISNEYLAND TOO!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter