We're leaving the kids home! So excited!

FrancisK7

Earning My Ears
My bestfriend, wife and mother of my children and I are going to Disney for the first time, staying at Kidani December 9-December 14. We are sooooo excited, primarily because we get to celebrate our respective birthdays in Disney that week (we're 3 days apart). Most importantly, WE'RE LEAVING THE CHILDREN HOME! Supervised, but we're going alone, just us two. :yay:Our kids are 10 months old and 2 years old, the prospect of eating a warm meal without interruption has me so excited I cannot fathom which words could adequately describe my giddy excitement.

We got the DDP and booked one sig a day, to make it an attraction-foodie filled adventure: Narcoossee on arrival night, Yachtman for my birthday, Jiko, Tiffins (for lunch), Hollywood Derby and finally, California Grill for Jess' birthday.

We are French Canadians and winter's already here with 14F temps this week. Got snow on the ground too. The relative warmth of Orlando will be so uplifting.

These forums have been a great source of information in my planning, so thank you all.

I did have a question: is it worth notifying Kidani (somehow) that we're first-timers and are celebrating our birthdays that week? I've heard of birthday badges and such.

My bestfriend, wife and mother of my children and I are going to Disney for the first time, staying at Kidani December 9-December 14. We are sooooo excited, primarily because we get to celebrate our respective birthdays in Disney that week (we're 3 days apart). Most importantly, WE'RE LEAVING THE CHILDREN HOME! Supervised, but we're going alone, just us two. :yay:Our kids are 10 months old and 2 years old, the prospect of eating a warm meal without interruption has me so excited I cannot fathom which words could adequately describe my giddy excitement.

We got the DDP and booked one sig a day, to make it an attraction-foodie filled adventure: Narcoossee on arrival night, Yachtman for my birthday, Jiko, Tiffins (for lunch), Hollywood Derby and finally, California Grill for Jess' birthday.

We are French Canadians and winter's already here with 14F temps this week. Got snow on the ground too. The relative warmth of Orlando will be so uplifting.

These forums have been a great source of information in my planning, so thank you all.

I did have a question: is it worth notifying Kidani (somehow) that we're first-timers and are celebrating our birthdays that week? I've heard of birthday badges and such.
When you check in, they will give you buttons that say you're celebrating your birthday.

:welcome: to DISboard posting!
Yes, it is worth letting Kidani know about your "first visit" and birthdays. You never know what pixiedust: might come your way.

Wishing you a warm, sunny, :bday: visit!

What a great time of year for a first visit! :santa: Yes, you can call and add it to your reservation - you can also speak to dining and add it to those reservations as well - sometimes nothing will happen, sometimes you get a little pixie dust! At check-in as PP mentioned they should give you birthday and/or first visit buttons, if not you can ask!

Be sure to stop in Jambo House while at Kidani, the main lobby for AKL, as it is beautiful, especially decorated for Christmas. When at the various resorts for your meals, be sure to check out their Christmas decor as well. The Grand Floridian(Narcosses) has a giant gingerbread house with carolers around the tree, Yacht Club(Yachtsmen) had a train display, and Beach Club next door has a chocolate caroseul. Seeing the castle lit up in MK with the icicle lights is magical, and you will definitely be in the Christmas spirit after walking down Main Street ! Just a note in case you weren't aware, there are Christmas parties(MVMCP) that close MK early some nights during your trip(unless you buy an extra party ticket) , so if you'd like to see the fireworks you have to see them on Monday or Wednesday if not attending. Have a great time!:earsboy::earsgirl:

Thank you all for the advice!

What is your opinion on the Christmas party? For two adults, is the $200 worth the parade, firewords, treats and such? We could do it on Friday before leaving for Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!