We're Just Overgrown Kids: Pre-Trip Report (With Costs)

jenergy

I'm a human garbage disposal
Hi guys, this is my first trip report but I think it will be fun/nice to see everything laid out. Hopefully I won't be too sad for it to be over with to update it after the trip, haha.
Anyways, my name is Jennie and I'm a student/work as an Admin Assistant.
I became addicted to Disneyland after going back to the parks when I was 18 after not having been in 11 years. I live in Northern California so it is pretty easy for me to make it down to the parks.

We will be traveling April 21, 2013 in celebration of my boyfriend's birthday. He is a Correctional Officer so his vacation time is given to him rather than of his choosing so we have to plan around that. Fortunately, his birthday is April 20th and he just so happened to get vacation time starting on the 21st so I'm very happy to be able to do something fun for his birthday because he usually just works. Honestly though, this was a last minute trip as a local radio station was giving away tickets to Disneyland so I thought it would be nice if maybe I could win them and go for his birthday. Of course, I didn't win but I had already fully committed to the idea of going so here we are!
Here is our most recent picture together:
7a0e0808-a31c-4c1e-99b3-ef86b5ca3960_zps10f0c91a.jpg

We have been to Disneyland together once before in 2009 and although he is rather hard to please, he seemed to enjoy it so we've been wanting to go again. I've been with friends twice to DLR and once to WDW without him since.

The only things I really plan are seeing shows I absolutely love or dining so my plan is rather simple but I will share it anyways. I also think it can be rather useful to have a cost breakdown both for myself and for someone planning on going. Hopefully it won't seem tacky.

Day 1, Sunday 4/21:
-We will fly into SNA via Southwest through OAK ($374 for two people, roundtrip)
-We will take the Disneyland Express to PPH
-We will check-in and drop our bags off at PPH then head over to the parks. (PPH $241.02/night after taxes, may upgrade when we get there)
-Assuming our 3-day park hoppers work from way.com ($476 for 2 adults), we will spend the morning in DLR, take a break then head over to DCA.
-Go to the Mad T Party at 6 PM
-Go check in for Fantasmic dessert seating at 8PM
-Reservation at Blue Bayou at 8:30PM
-See second showing of Fantasmic at 10:30PM

Day 2, Monday 4/22:
-Go to DCA during EMH and hopefully get to ride RSR at least once and TSMM a couple of times
-Take a break mid-day and go to DLR in the afternoon
-Watch Billy Hill & The Hillbillies
-Napa Rose chef counter reservation at 5:30PM

Day 3, Tuesday 4/23
-Check out of PPH
-Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen
-Play parks by ear
-Fly out of SNA at 8:45PM

Well, I think that's it! Hopefully I will have a grand total of the trip cost and lots of pictures by the time we get back! Thanks for viewing!:wave2:

So the above post is before booking the hotel and buying the park hoppers so the prices aren't concrete. I say this because I went to buy the cheaper hoppers through way.com and unfortunately, I couldn't because of our date so they ended up being $238 each/$476 total. The customer service rep at way.com was very nice and helpful though.

Also, I updated my reservation at the Napa Rose to be at 5:30 instead of 8:30. This way we have the option of seeing World of Color if we choose to. I have never seen it and would really like to.

I will update my first post once I turn this into a bona fide TR.

I am almost to our 2 week mark and super excited!!

I will leave you guys with a picture of us from our trip in 2009.

2678_67239569241_1816663_n_zpsb0d8a70d.jpg

I win!:woohoo:

Your trip sounds like its going to be awesome.

I thought it was pretty funny that you had heard a contest on the radio for tickets as that is the same way that I decided to start planning our vacation the same way. I kept hearing the ads for the contest and it made me miss Disneyland, so I decided to try to win. Of course, I didn't but we are still going lol. My DH and DD's birthdays are in September so we aren't going until then. So in the mean time I'll be reading your ptr and tr!

Your trip sounds like its going to be awesome.

I thought it was pretty funny that you had heard a contest on the radio for tickets as that is the same way that I decided to start planning our vacation the same way. I kept hearing the ads for the contest and it made me miss Disneyland, so I decided to try to win. Of course, I didn't but we are still going lol. My DH and DD's birthdays are in September so we aren't going until then. So in the mean time I'll be reading your ptr and tr!

That's hilarious! I was totally ignoring the ads at first then I heard them so many times, I said, "let's just try." I actually won tickets when I went Halloween 2011 - we had already planned the trip so winning them just made it so much easier on my wallet. Any excuse we can get!!

Oh and thanks for reading!! I will be sure to have tons of pics come trip report time!

Put my deposit down for the hotel today!! :banana: Now all that is left to pay for is the second night, food, and the shuttle! :yay:

I modified my original post for the exact amounts and changed reservation times. Even though everything is still open to further change, I doubt it will.

One week and 2 days!!:goodvibes

Hope you have a great time - you have some amazing things planned. I loved the Fantasmic dessert package and Blue Bayou when we went last year and I am jealous you are experiencing the chef's table at the Napa Rose. Can't wait to read your trip report when you get back. Have a fabulous time!

Hope you have a great time - you have some amazing things planned. I loved the Fantasmic dessert package and Blue Bayou when we went last year and I am jealous you are experiencing the chef's table at the Napa Rose. Can't wait to read your trip report when you get back. Have a fabulous time!

Thank you so much!

Only 3 days until we fly! I am still very excited although, as my displeasure expressed on the DLR boards has probably shown, the sudden closures have taken the wind out of my sails a bit. I will say though that I am still a bit hopeful that I will get to ride Space Mountain and possibly Soarin also. BTMRR is my favorite and SM is my boyfriend's so I'm hoping he can at least get a ride or two on his favorite in while we're there. I'm thinking that since the deadline to fix the problem areas on SM is 4/22 and there's EE on 4/23, we MAY have hope during EE if they decide to either completely reopen it or reopen it for an hour or two. EE is at DCA on 4/22 so I didn't really expect to be at DLR much on that day so I'm really crossing my fingers that our timing turns out to be perfect. :goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter