We're in the Club!! AP Weekend #2! 10/13-10/15

dlavender

DIS Veteran
So let's try this again!

giphy.gif

Our first AP weekend, last weekend, was off. But this weekend we went all in and it was great!

Let's start with the required castle shot for intros:

IMG_9250.JPG

I'm the tall one. By day a dedicated accounting consultant to the stars (and in stars I mean regular boring corporations). Favorite park : MK. Favorite ride : Space Mountain

The beautiful lady to my side is DW, partner in crime for over 10 years. She wasn't raised a Disney enthusiast (shame on her parents!), but I quickly changed all that. Favorite Park : MK. Favorite Ride: Philharmagic (I know, its not a ride, but she loves that thing).

We then have our three awesome kids. Ages 9,5, and 3. The oldest is starting to grow out of the princess phase and has become a thrill seeker like her old man! Favorite Park: MK Favorite Ride: Space Mountain (Like she has a choice...)
The middle one loves anything pirates or Darth Vader! Favorite Park: MK Favorite Ride: BTMRR
The littlest loves anything Frozen (Can't shake it). Favorite Park: MK Favorite Ride: Disney JR live on stage

This trip was put together last Tuesday, so we knew resorts were going to be hard to come by, but we (DW) was determined to stay onsite. We had plans for MNSSHP Friday night (first time), AK early to RD FOP, and HS Sunday. Where did we end up staying? Below is a major clue:

IMG_9216.JPG

Stay tuned!

So, obviously we stayed at the Polynesian! At first, I really balked at the cost. Initially telling DW, no way! But then, after a long pause, I just said, lets do it! I've always wanted to stay on the monorail loop, and we just went for it. I thought since we would be doing the MNSSHP, being close would be a nice treat (Pun intended). We arrived at 4PM and took in the resorts awesome theme. We went straight to check in - I did not do express check in as we did not yet have our magic bands. Upon check in, we got great news that we had been upgraded to Club Level!

zZMTne.gif

I've probably spent 50 nights at various WDW resorts, and this was our first upgrade experience. I was pumped. So we got to go to our special club level check in station, and were whisked away to our home for the next two nights:

IMG_9212.JPG IMG_8967.JPG

We're in the Club!! The location was great, and we enjoyed the extra little amenities, but more on that later. The view is hands down the best amenity, however. It's why you stay on the loop:

IMG_8970.JPG

Now, its time to check out that room!

IMG_9146.JPG IMG_9137.JPG IMG_8957.JPG IMG_8958.JPG IMG_8964.JPG IMG_9134.JPG

We loved the extra space this room had vs POR or the other moderates and values that we have previously stayed in. It also felt a bit larger than the Yacht Club, but that may or may not be true. We quickly got settled, then we were quickly off to the party!

But before we really get going, had to stop by the club lounge ( I mean, why not?).

IMG_8977.JPG IMG_8972 (1).JPG IMG_8974.JPG

Snacks weren't being served quite yet, so we got some drinks, and I really enjoyed the IPA they had.

IMG_8973 (1).JPG

We stayed for about 5 minutes, and then headed for the monorail to take us to the MK.

IMG_8980.JPG

And away we go!!

IMG_8978.JPG IMG_8982.JPG

Not sure what's happening with DD on the left.....Did she realize that she just forgot something? :)

And after a brief ride, Main Street USA here we come!

IMG_8984.JPG

Always a beautiful sight! We had a FP starting now, so we briskly walked towards Adventureland.

FP's were not plentiful for the last hour of regular operation, but I was able to snag a Jungle Cruise. The kids have never ridden it! So it turned out to be a great choice!

IMG_9009.JPG IMG_9018.JPG IMG_9015.JPG

They really loved it! Admittedly, it's not my favorite, but I did enjoy it as a kid, so I can relate. Originally we planned to hit POTC next, but it had a 30 minute wait and we just rode it last weekend, so we decided to head straight for the wildest ride in the wilderness!

IMG_9020.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8984.JPG
    IMG_8984.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8997.JPG
    IMG_8997.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter