We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

How strange with the mice! In all my years, I've never seen mice down there. Anyway, hope you had a good time in the museum.

You were actually down the street (Black Bear/moel) from my work at El Camino and I-5.

How strange with the mice! In all my years, I've never seen mice down there. Anyway, hope you had a good time in the museum.

You were actually down the street (Black Bear/moel) from my work at El Camino and I-5.

LOL......everyone loved them.....but me!! :faint: Adding the museum was a good birthday present for my mother-in-law. She loved it & the rest of us enjoyed ourselves.

I imagine it was! Sports are good for kids but it takes a lot of dedication from the entire family, plus lots of money!! :crazy2:

After Mike & I did the quick trip last October to WDW, it just made me want to go back!! 3 days was definitely not enough time for our first time.....lol Glad we did it though, now we are more prepared and ready to take the whole family in August!

It was a lot of fun but for 2 years we had 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning practices. Hockey takes precedence for rink time so we got the early times. It was expensive but we fundraised like crazy. It got to the point where my friends hated to see us coming. . . lol. But they were very supportive of us.

2 days is definitely not enough but my Mom has wintered in Florida for 20 years now and every year for the past 6 years I've met my sister at Mom's (she lives in Denver) and we've done 1 day each year in separate parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens). Some fun times.

It was a lot of fun but for 2 years we had 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning practices. Hockey takes precedence for rink time so we got the early times. It was expensive but we fundraised like crazy. It got to the point where my friends hated to see us coming. . . lol. But they were very supportive of us.

2 days is definitely not enough but my Mom has wintered in Florida for 20 years now and every year for the past 6 years I've met my sister at Mom's (she lives in Denver) and we've done 1 day each year in separate parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens). Some fun times.

lol.......I hate fundraising......feel bad asking over & over. :crazy2:

Any time at Disney will be fun & memorable!! :goodvibes

Wow lots of trains! My dad would love it, being a retired engineer!

Pt's-trip report?
Hubby and I were just talking that it gas been WAY too long since our last disney trip- we are going to make one happen in 2015, just no idea where or when yet..

Wow lots of trains! My dad would love it, being a retired engineer!

Pt's-trip report?
Hubby and I were just talking that it gas been WAY too long since our last disney trip- we are going to make one happen in 2015, just no idea where or when yet..

They were neat to see and we saw tons on this trip. Good to show the kids the different styles and how things used to be for travel.

Pt's-trip report......not sure what you are asking here??

2015 if you go to Disneyland is the 60th Anniversary......so I'm sure crowds will be up. If you go to WDW, then you need to go in August the 7-18.......lol (since that's when we'll be there) ;)

I have a feeling that was thd iPad correcting "PTR" devices think they are so smart!

I have a feeling that was thd iPad correcting "PTR" devices think they are so smart!

I don't have a PTR going yet. Need to finish this one first and I have a Diva trip coming up at the end of February at Disneyland. (plus I need to finish Mike's & my quicky trip to WDW last October, as in 2013) lol :rotfl:

Day 16, Part 1:​

Today is the day we get to meet the twins sister "J", so we get up and head to the park. We were pretty excited to be meeting her. When we brought the twins home from the NICU, the caseworker had asked if we would be interested in taking the 2 siblings. "J" is 2 years older and "G" is 3 years older. We said we would be interested in taking "J" but because "G" was severely autistic/violent we wouldn't be able to take him on since Michayla was on an apnea & heart monitor and oxygen....plus a bajillion medications. The caseworker said that they didn't want to separate them. I look back now & think if I wasn't sleep deprived from the girls having their own different sleep schedules......I would have fought this.....but I didn't. Long story short.......after thinking the "J" was in a permanent home, we found out over a year ago that that wasn't the case & she was still in foster care. We had an issue that had to be dealt with and after 14 months.....we are starting the process of a foster/adoption home study!!!

These are pics of the twins at the park.....but because "J" is a ward of the state, I am not allowed to show pictures of her. I will say she is 9 now (11 days older than Addy, 2 years older than the twins). She looks like Shyann and has a lot of the same behaviors & quirks. It was fun to watch her! She was timid since we were all new to her but did warm up after we gave her some gifts from Disneyland. We got her a Minnie Mouse shirt, Minnie Mouse Ear headband, a plush Minnie Mouse and a Minnie Mouse cell phone. She loved them all & put everything on. She pushed the plush Minnie in a baby swing and then "talked" on her cell phone. Not a lot of interaction with the twins but them both being autistic......they don't understand "interacting".

We got the chance to speak to the caseworker's supervisor and CASA (court appointed special advocate) during this visit and also meet the current foster mom. We tried to get a pic of all 3 girls but Michayla was fussing and "J" wasn't sure what to think of that. In fact we have pics of her making quite the face as she looked at Michayla......lol I got a hug goodbye and my heart melted!!

We headed back to the motel to pick up Betty, Nick & Marie so we could get some lunch. We ended up going to Red Robin. It's Betty's birthday today but she threatened us if we told the waitress.......lol We were good and honored her request!

We went back to the motel and Nick & Marie gathered their stuff and headed to Ashland to check into the hotel for Marie's brother's wedding. We left Betty to rest at the motel and took the twins out to our friends Bylle & John (where Anthony and Addy were staying). They were going to watch the twins while we went to the wedding. We arrived and kids got to go swimming in their pool. Addy & Anthony were already in when we arrived, so we quickly dressed the girls in their suits and put on life jackets so they could play.

We visited with our friends for a while but had to leave to get back to the motel to get ready for the wedding.

Day 16, Part 2:​

Mike & I got dressed for the wedding and headed to Ashland. The wedding was being held at the Ashland Springs Hotel. An old hotel that was beautiful!! We met up with Nick & Marie (this is Marie's nephew).

We realized we didn't get a picture of Mike & I all dressed up.....here's me from the side.

The ceremony was held outside in a courtyard.

There was a small ensemble that played prior to the wedding (this is actually a band that Marie's brother/the groom plays in).

This is Marie's parents (also the grooms).

A little of the interior of the hotel.

A rose out in the courtyard.

The ceremony lasted about 15 minutes, which was good since it was pretty warm! After the ceremony, they took pictures and dinner wasn't served for about an hour. We were let into the ballroom and found our table. Nick & Marie since they were family, were seated near the front.

The happy couple was announced and the meal was started. We started with a salad. Mike had the steak, mashed potatoes & asparagus entree while I had the roasted chicken, cubed potatoes and asparagus. The dinner was delicious! Unfortunately, it was getting kinda late so we had to leave before anything else happened.

We said our goodbyes & thank you for being included on their special day. The bride was BEAUTIFUL!!

One last picture on our way out. The cake!

I don't have a PTR going yet. Need to finish this one first and I have a Diva trip coming up at the end of February at Disneyland. (plus I need to finish Mike's & my quicky trip to WDW last October, as in 2013) lol :rotfl:

Oh you are doing the Divas trip! So jealous! I bet you will have a blast!

Wedding photos are lively!

You will have to keep us in the loop with how things progress with J :goodvibes:goodvibes

Nice update. I really hope everything works out for the twins sister. I know you are great parents and how awesome to have a bio sibling with them. I know how dissapointed you were with the situation with Addy's sister so I hope this works out and will be praying for you about it!

The wedding looked lovely and I love that hotel. I have been to Ashland a few times and always thought it was neat and we actually stayed there back in the 80's but it was pretty run down back then but I bet it is nice now.

Love the updates. How sad am I that I have been dying to read some. With no Disney trips till next November you will have 2 before we get to go back so I am living vicariously. Plus I always love your reports and the little extras. It is so fun to follow along!!

Oh you are doing the Divas trip! So jealous! I bet you will have a blast!

Wedding photos are lively!

You will have to keep us in the loop with how things progress with J :goodvibes:goodvibes

You should join us one of these trips!! They really are a lot of fun. This will be my 4th one. I missed last years so I HAD to go to this one......lol

Nice update. I really hope everything works out for the twins sister. I know you are great parents and how awesome to have a bio sibling with them. I know how dissapointed you were with the situation with Addy's sister so I hope this works out and will be praying for you about it!

The wedding looked lovely and I love that hotel. I have been to Ashland a few times and always thought it was neat and we actually stayed there back in the 80's but it was pretty run down back then but I bet it is nice now.

Love the updates. How sad am I that I have been dying to read some. With no Disney trips till next November you will have 2 before we get to go back so I am living vicariously. Plus I always love your reports and the little extras. It is so fun to follow along!!

The wedding was pretty and the hotel was a very nice venue.

I will keep everyone updated on the progression of the home study.

Day 17, Part 1:​

LAST DAY!

So I forgot to mention when we got back to the motel after picking up the twins after the wedding.......the elevator was broke down. Well we had Michayla in her stroller chair (and asleep)......so they had the lifeguard help Mike carry her & the chair up the stairs. Luckily they only have 2 floors!

So back to day 17......We were up at 7:30 and I packed the van while Mike was at breakfast downstairs with his mom & the twins. Unfortunately the elevator was still down....so I had to make multiple trips down the stairs. I did ok until I dropped one of the suitcases on my foot!!!

We got in the van and headed to our friends home to pick up Anthony & Addy and then to Tyler's friend's home to pick up Derek & Tyler. We were on our way north!

Today was also Derek's birthday!!! The big 25!

Betty has a membership to Wildlife Safari Park in Winston Oregon, and since this was on our way, we stopped for a couple hours.

Before you drive through the safari park, you can walk around the village to see some animals up close. They even have a petting area.

Aahhhhhh........

Addy & Shyann got to ride on a camel!!

They only have one place to get a meal and we were able to order pretty quickly......but that's when things got off track. After ordering......we waited and waited and waited and waited. It was at least 25 minutes to get burgers, etc. It really wasn't worth the wait either..........

Day 17, Part 2:​

Here are the lunch pictures....guess I forgot them:

The next thing after lunch was to ride the little train to see some more animals. We got these pictures while waiting.

Michayla was restless, so we decided not to put her on the train.......I think I ended up with Mike's camera so no pics from their short ride.

Day 17, Part 3:​

Some pictures from the train area before heading to the gift shop.

Betty renewed her membership & put Mike on it so we can use it anytime. We picked up a few shirts and then grabbed sodas & juice from the vending machine and went out to the van. We got everyone loaded and I sat down & opened my Pepsi & it EXPLODED all over me. So I had to dig for some clean clothes and went back to the village to change and get "un-sticky"! Cleaned up & back in the van.....we were on our way into the Safari area.

Cool update. I will admit I am sad to see your report come to an end. I always love your reports and love hearing and seeing everything that you guys do. I am pretty sure we have been to this safari park. We drove up to visit friends in Eugene years ago and saw this on our way home. It was fun but wow pricey. I don't think it cost that back then. But still cool. Hoping you will be doing reports for the diva trip and your DW trip cuz I have to live vicariously. Still have almost a year till our next Disney trip and I can't even really do any planning on our NY trip until we can secure airfare and then it will start really taking shape but could be a few more months.

Cool update. I will admit I am sad to see your report come to an end. I always love your reports and love hearing and seeing everything that you guys do. I am pretty sure we have been to this safari park. We drove up to visit friends in Eugene years ago and saw this on our way home. It was fun but wow pricey. I don't think it cost that back then. But still cool. Hoping you will be doing reports for the diva trip and your DW trip cuz I have to live vicariously. Still have almost a year till our next Disney trip and I can't even really do any planning on our NY trip until we can secure airfare and then it will start really taking shape but could be a few more months.

Wildlife Safari really has gone up in price. It used to be by the carload but now it's individuals. :scared:
Hopefully you're mom won't decide to cancel your trip to NY. Finger's crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter