We're Here!

I'm jealous, Harriet. Enjoy your stay. :banana: Bama Ed

Going to be there starting tomorrow.
All checked in and set up on site 1402. Gotta love online checkin, took less than 15 minutes from pulling in to the Fort to reaching our site. CM said 500 people are checking out today and 400+ are checking in. Stop by to say hello if you're in the area.

We'll be there starting tomorrow. Weather looks good this week.

Welcome Home!

You were right next to our September site (1404).

j

All checked in and set up on site 1402. Gotta love online checkin, took less than 15 minutes from pulling in to the Fort to reaching our site. CM said 500 people are checking out today and 400+ are checking in. Stop by to say hello if you're in the area.

Some of those numbers were running through my head when we were down there in October. I was amazed, as a first time Fort camper, at the fact that there were ALWAYS people checking in - all day - every day! Then I started thinking about the number of spots/cabins they have, average duration of stays, etc... And I realized that their turnover rate has to be astronomical for a campground. At 1,200 total sites/cabins and an average stay of 6 days or so (just a guess), that's an average turnover of some 150-200 per day, depending on occupancy rates. I can only imagine how many more on major days such as last Sunday (ie - your 400/500 number).

Just left today. The holiday decorations are incredible with my vote going to the Cars theme and next door to the Christmas Tree farm display with the fake fireplace/home display behind the "rig".

Just left today. The holiday decorations are incredible with my vote going to the Cars theme and next door to the Christmas Tree farm display with the fake fireplace/home display behind the "rig".

Checked in last nite, first time at FW, and even tho I knew Christmas decorations were a big deal here I really had no idea. It is both wonderful and a bit nuts at the same time. We flew in and I had considered packing a string of lights but had to make some hard decisions space wise and lights were a no. Wish I had because our cabin looks positively naked in comparison.

How about posting some site numbers for “not to be missed “ decorations? I realize it could change from day to day but fto make sure you don’t miss something.

FWIW - long line at check-in.

How about posting some site numbers for “not to be missed “ decorations? I realize it could change from day to day but fto make sure you don’t miss something.

FWIW - long line at check-in.

Not sure of site locations, but go down the main street (forgot the name, but likely Fort Wilderness XXX) and turn right past the stop sign and way before heading to the Settlement. I was blown away with the decorations and feeling of comradeship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!