We're here!!! (HHI May 2012)

disneygal922

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow, well today I suppose, is our 7 month mark for are vacation! :banana: We will be up bright and early to hopefully get a one bedroom at Hilton Head!!! I'm so excited as we've never been to South Carolina! :goodvibes Wish us luck!

Good luck! I have to call in about 2 weeks to book ours. Hoping for a 2 bedroom since we'll be spending more time in the room than we do when we're at WDW. This will be our first time too!

Good luck! And let us know how you make out. I'm going to try to book a 1 BR for next summer. My plan is to start at the end of November and call every week until we get something. We are really flexible as far as when we travel.

Yay! We got our reservation! :cool1:

Good luck! I have to call in about 2 weeks to book ours. Hoping for a 2 bedroom since we'll be spending more time in the room than we do when we're at WDW. This will be our first time too!

Even though it's just DH and I, we got a one bedroom bc we figured we would be in the room more and we wanted the kitchen. We are most likely going to drive down. Good luck to you!

Good luck! And let us know how you make out. I'm going to try to book a 1 BR for next summer. My plan is to start at the end of November and call every week until we get something. We are really flexible as far as when we travel.

Good luck! Hopefully, you will be able to get your choice quickly. I was prepared to do the same and we got it right away for mid may.

Now on to planning! :goodvibes

Yay! We got our reservation! :cool1:

Even though it's just DH and I, we got a one bedroom bc we figured we would be in the room more and we wanted the kitchen. We are most likely going to drive down. Good luck to you!

Even though it's just DH and I, also, we always prefer a 1 BR at HHI. I think it's all part of the relax feeling.

We're on the wait list for the first week of April. A bit disappointing because usually we have not trouble booking a room for that week, especially this far out. (Must be more spring breakers than usual that week.)

Any suggestions securing a room? Should I call member services on a regular basis. Do I need to ask for a specific person each time?

Thanks for your help!

Tomorrow, well today I suppose, is our 7 month mark for are vacation! :banana: We will be up bright and early to hopefully get a one bedroom at Hilton Head!!! I'm so excited as we've never been to South Carolina! :goodvibes Wish us luck!
LOL, are we wishing you luck to get your reservation, or because you're going to South Carolina?

I knew what you meant, but it made me chuckle when I read it. ;)

Congratulations on getting the room you wanted. We're visiting Vero Beach for the first time next summer. I've booked the room for cash with Member Services, and will try to get it on points when I reach my 7-month mark. Hope I get that same pixie dust you found. :tinker:

I booked cash for August and then when it is time I convert some of it into points.
I didn't know you could do that. Can you do that for any DVC resort?

Even though it's just DH and I, also, we always prefer a 1 BR at HHI. I think it's all part of the relax feeling.
I agree. DSis in law might join us so either way it is nice to have that extra space!

:thumbsup2 Congratulations!

I didn't know you can do that! Isn't it different inventory like at WDW?
Thanks, that's what thought too.

We're on the wait list for the first week of April. A bit disappointing because usually we have not trouble booking a room for that week, especially this far out. (Must be more spring breakers than usual that week.)

Any suggestions securing a room? Should I call member services on a regular basis. Do I need to ask for a specific person each time?

Thanks for your help!
I don't know that there is anything special to do. I would definitely call every so often to check and see what becomes available, especially if your room size is flexible.

LOL, are we wishing you luck to get your reservation, or because you're going to South Carolina?

I knew what you meant, but it made me chuckle when I read it. ;)

Congratulations on getting the room you wanted. We're visiting Vero Beach for the first time next summer. I've booked the room for cash with Member Services, and will try to get it on points when I reach my 7-month mark. Hope I get that same pixie dust you found. :tinker:
:laughing: I didn't even realize that phrase could be confusing until you mentioned it. I was hoping for luck getting the room. :) Good luck to you with Vero Beach. :wizard:

So now that we are booked, should I put a request in for a specific building, view or room? Does anyone know where I can get more info on things to do other than dvcmember? We are going to drive down to Savannah one day for sure (mostly so I can eat at Paula Deen's restaurant). But really that is all I know so far!

All of the 1 BRs are in the main lodge (Buildings 11/12) except for 5 which are under the GVs (Buildings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30). I would suggest requesting "top floor, marsh view." That request would apply to only the ones in the main lodge. I've heard you don't want to be under a GV because of noise issues.

All of the 1 BRs are in the main lodge (Buildings 11/12) except for 5 which are under the GVs (Buildings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30). I would suggest requesting "top floor, marsh view." That request would apply to only the ones in the main lodge. I've heard you don't want to be under a GV because of noise issues.

Hi! Thanks for the info. I just got off the phone with member services and made the request for a top floor marsh view.

I'm so excited I can finally plan for a new vacation. It feels like years since we last went on vacation and it's only been 7 months since WDW. :rotfl:

All suggestions are welcome! :)

Hi Everyone! :wave2: It's been a long time since I've been around here but guess what??? I'm on vacation at HHI!! I have no obligations while I am here and am so incredibly excited to relax for the next week. We did get our request I put in. We are in Building 12 with a marsh-ish view. Actually we have a view of the building next door and the marsh. It is beautiful here! I'll post some photos later tonight. Now, we are deciding dinner!!

We're here!!
SAM_0400.jpg

SAM_0402.jpg

SAM_0403.jpg

The view from our villa.
straight ahead-ish (a little left)
SAM_0405.jpg

to the right
SAM_0404.jpg

to the left
SAM_0407.jpg

straight down
SAM_0406.jpg

We have a one bedroom in building 12 which is basically the main lodge which is really nice!
SAM_0412.jpg

SAM_0411.jpg

SAM_0410.jpg

SAM_0409.jpg

SAM_0417.jpg

SAM_0418.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the master bed room and I already turned down the bed so I will have to get a pic of it another day.

we have 18 days to go. so can't wait to get there!! So are you in love with the resort as we are?? My husband is wanting to do an add on there. We hope to soon! Please take more pics. :thumbsup2 i so need a fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!