We're here! Arrived Monday Oct 1st.

eargal

Mouseketeer
We drove up after two days in the San Diego area and arrived at the Grand Californian yesterday at noon.:cool1:

We didn't enter the parks yesterday since we are on 3 day park hoppers but I do have some things to report.
-The GC and DLH are sold out for Monday and Tuesday night
-I pre-purchaced tickets from Getawaytoday for Goofy's dinner last night. They were still $33 for adults and $15 for kids when I bought them and that price was honored. I did not have to pay the difference for the price increase. HOWEVER, anyone who does this should know that when you buy tickets from this site they have a 30 day window for use. I was unaware of that and spent over an hour at the main ticket windows in front of Disneyland having 3 different people work to fix the problem.
-Trading in the CityPass vouchers for 3 day park hoppers should also be done at the main ticket windows ahead of time because it took some time too.
-CityPass is an amazing deal. We paid $204 or $209 for the adult passes from Costco before leaving home. The normal cost is $239. Even so, my parents have used them for the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, 3 day Disney park hoppers and will also head to Universal Studios on Sat. Everyone else in our group skipped the zoo and headed to Legoland. I think we've saved well over $100 per person.
-The Grand Californian has been wonderful. I was a bit worried about reviews stating that the rooms are small. I think they are just fine and perfectly comfortable. No smaller than a typical room in any modern hotel. I've never stayed at DLH or PPH and I understand those rooms are larger. I love the location of the Grand. The decor is beautiful although not to my personal taste. I can't get over all the detail. I would never pay rack to stay here but with a good deal, (we're paying $209/night) I'm very pleased.

So here I sit at 7am waiting not so patiently for my family to wake up and join my excitement. Early entry starts at 9 so I won't wake anyone until 7:45. I have yet to decide if we will do fantasyland this morning or race to Nemo. I'll keep you posted.

I wanted to send a shout out to Amy on the design boards for the beautiful designs we will be sporting on our T-shirts today and to Grumpyvet for all the Legoland advice and coupons. :thumbsup2 What a great day that was. I will post details later I think.

AWESOME rate for the GCH!:thumbsup2

Oh, and let us know what you did this morning for EE - did you do FL or race to Nemo? I'm trying to decide the same thing for our trip later this month.

Have a magical day at Disneyland today!:woohoo:

I wish I would have known about all the hotel deals. We're paying just a few dollars less to stay at the Paradise Pier this month. The next time we go, I am definitely checking out Costco or even an AP for a better rate. I think we could have saved money if we did either. Thanks for checking in, even at Disney! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Glad all my LL intervention was of help, and obviously saving money is good!!!
I hope the rest of your trip was great as well!! Amy

How did you get the Grand Californian for 200$ a night? Was that through Getaway today too????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter