We're Here!!! (11/14 through 11/16)

ElvisStitch

Earning My Ears
We just finished the first of three days in Disneyland, and just saw a "preview" of Friday night's fireworks from outside our room at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn. Crowd levels today were great; most rides were walk-on. We arrived about 45 minutes before opening and were near the front of the rope drop on Main Street. We were able to take in Peter Pan, Dumbo, Tea Cups, It's a Small World, Disneyland Railroad, Buzz Lightyear, Autopia, the Monorail, the Matterhorn, Pirates (x3), Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh. Nemo was about a 45 minute wait both times we went by to check it out.

The weather was a bit on the warm side today, I would have been happy if it were about 10 degrees cooler, but I'm not going to complain.

The longest wait that we had all day was for Princess Fantasy Faire. We got in line around 10:20, but had to wait until around 11 before we were able to get in for pictures and autographs. We were dissapointed because we saw Cinderella and Pochahontas take a break (who we hadn't seen the in the park last year), replaced by Belle and Mulan (who we saw at the Princess Lunch). We sprung for a $30 hairstyle for my oldest daughter, but the CM who did it was great, and DH got a lot of compliments throughout the day on it.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies was an unexpected suprise, as we had stumbled into to the Golden Horseshoe for some Mozzeralla Strips and had sat down to eat just as the show started. After dinner, we headed back to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo and the Carousel before going back to Frontierland to wait for Fantasmic.

DD 10 and DD 6 were very unhappy about having to wait an hour for the show, but it turned out to be the highlight of the night for them - what a show! We missed it last year when we were here, but it was well worth the wait.

Tomorrow we have reservations for the Princess Lunch at Ariel's Grotto in DCA, and we'll probably do Nemo first thing in the morning (EE), and then do Indiana Jones before we head for DCA for lunch. We expect Friday to be more crowded, so we'll probably concentrate on the Parade and Fireworks in DL and anticipate spending some more time in DCA to see the Aladdin show.

I stayed late and watched this by myself this last trip, as I had never seen it. What an amazing show. Mayby my family will get to see it next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter