We're half way there - JUNE WISH month of motivation

@4Mickeys :hug: You are amazing and you got this!
@piglet1979 Good job walking. It made me smile that you say you are grumpy, but do it!
@Lady Marie That's fantastic news!
@Oneanne Have a great trip. We are seeing a Mariners game on the 29th. I'll be thinking of you--probably while I eat a KrispyKreme donut after the game!! Talk about a sugar rush.

My wahoo is that I only have one more week until my summer break begins!! There are five work days, but I am taking two off and one is an almost all day meeting so hardly any time at all!! wahoo! Also wahoo that the Oregon State Beavers are ahead in their baseball college world series game right now.

One of my days off is tomorrow and I have really booked myself. I think things slow down in the late afternoon and I can make it to the grocery store. Yesterday I had to send DS2 to get sugar so I could finish making jam. Tonight I was going to make waffles for dinner and I didn't have enough flour. Settled for oatmeal pancakes. Yeah. We are out of food here!

EDIT: They won!!

munching on some apricots after big bowl of melon and trying not to stress over the flight too much. The taxi should be here in 20 minutes! I will try to be sensible again and will post short food report after, but being too sensible while at WDW isn't sensible so expect some ice cream cookie sandwitches in the mix.

I love oatmeal pancakes, they are so good!

Except for day-dream about Alaska.

Have a wonderful trip :-)

Woohoo! I got some test results back for my heart and things are normal! I am starting to decrease my meds and if my next test and the next 6 weeks are normal, I can start to come off them totally! NSV for real!!!

Now.... the cardiologist does want me to loose a little more weight so I am going to have readjust my goals. But whatever it takes!

Fantastic - glad to hear your health is improving :-)

munching on some apricots after big bowl of melon and trying not to stress over the flight too much. The taxi should be here in 20 minutes! I will try to be sensible again and will post short food report after, but being too sensible while at WDW isn't sensible so expect some ice cream cookie sandwitches in the mix.

Hope you flight is smooth and safe .... have a fun :-)

Good morning all,

Well those of us who aren't currently having a well deserved trip/vacation ...

Its Topic Thursday again :D

Lets stay with thinking about the mind and our mental health .... as many of you are winding down into summer break you may be planning some relaxing activities...

How do you take care of your overall mental health and wellbeing coping with life's daily stressors? Do you practice mindfulness, meditation, being in the moment, yoga, regular vacations?

ow do you take care of your overall mental health and wellbeing coping with life's daily stressors? Do you practice mindfulness, meditation, being in the moment, yoga, regular vacations?

I need to work on this right now. Work has been super stressful as I have a co-worker that is really stressing me out. We do the same job but with different cohorts of students. She is not doing things properly and it will eventually fall on me since I have been here much longer then her and know the system better. I am really trying to ignore it for know as I can't do anything about it.

Today has been the worst. DH and got in a an argument that started before I left the house for work but we worked it out on my way to work. They I had a co-worker not show up on time so I had to meet with a student that he normally would. Plus the above with the other co-work and I have to leave today at 2:15. I am really stressed and frustrated and just wanted to cry this morning.

So I am trying to take deep breaths and plow through what I need to get done. I am trying to tune everything out. I also got a pop. I need the sugar/caffeine. for some reason it helps to calm me. I am ready for a vacation. I have 3 days of the 1st week of July and we have nothing going on. I am going to embrace the nothing that week and just relax.

Free for all Friday!!

4f8b27f0bf505e3582e7d99bf77a302a.jpg

The weekend is upon us ... Hope you have had a great week - feel free to share anything on your mind over the next few days ...

I need to work on this right now. Work has been super stressful as I have a co-worker that is really stressing me out. We do the same job but with different cohorts of students. She is not doing things properly and it will eventually fall on me since I have been here much longer then her and know the system better. I am really trying to ignore it for know as I can't do anything about it.

Today has been the worst. DH and got in a an argument that started before I left the house for work but we worked it out on my way to work. They I had a co-worker not show up on time so I had to meet with a student that he normally would. Plus the above with the other co-work and I have to leave today at 2:15. I am really stressed and frustrated and just wanted to cry this morning.

So I am trying to take deep breaths and plow through what I need to get done. I am trying to tune everything out. I also got a pop. I need the sugar/caffeine. for some reason it helps to calm me. I am ready for a vacation. I have 3 days of the 1st week of July and we have nothing going on. I am going to embrace the nothing that week and just relax.

I hope your day ended better than it started. Work collaboration is difficult sometimes and when we spend so much time at work it can be frustrating. I hope things turn around soon.

I think what helps my mind the best is exercising. I'm not dripping buckets of sweat or anything, but I just feel better about the world afterwards. I try to make it to yoga three times a week but usually it's only once or twice. I have "monkey mind" (never quiets down) so all the talk of breathing out your tensions and negativity falls on deaf ears! I am also very good at not stressing about what I can't change. I can't make my husband not be a chocoholic, so I have to train myself to not eat any and buy out the store when it goes on sale!

We are going to a party tomorrow for a former co-worker who just finished his bachelor's degree and has been accepted into a master's program. I have to bring something edible to share (which takes care of the chocolate chip cookies in the freezer!) and I think I should bring him a gift. I just don't know what is appropriate. I guess a gift card from somewhere. Hmmm

Happy Motivation Monday!!!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :P

Can you believe we are into the last few days of the month? Lets stay motivated - your choices each day on these last few days will make a difference to achieving your monthly goal :-)

c564869a7be3823fb64869cfc9f7ceba.jpg

motivational-10-WOMEN.jpg

What is motivating YOU this week??

Hello all

I had a busy weekend - had to drive an hour to and from my nieces engagement party Saturday night, plus drop DD to a birthday party before I left and picked DSs up from the movies when I got back on the coast at 11.45pm! Picked DD up from her sleepover Sunday late morning - managed to do a few loads of washing - some of which is still on the line because it rained on it last night and again today o_O

We had a fun work get together tonight - at a new bowling alley - it was lots of fun to celebrate the end of the school term.

I just need to put it out there, we have 5 days of the month left - we need a volunteer to host the July thread ...

I feel like I desperately need more motivation... Not sure why I am slacking so much at the moment. Still doing halfway ok, the weight is even lower still than at the beginning of the month and my skirt today fits better than it did last time I was wearing it. But I know that if I did apply myself more, the results would be better. Just so much going on at the moment that I feel I lack the energy for exercise and better food planning. And I know that I would feel more energetic if I did more exercise and that food planning ultimately does not take that much time. But following through often is difficult...

But it is a new week and I should make those last days of the month count!

We will be going on vacation in July, so hosting is not in the cards for me, but I am considering hosting in August. It might help me get motivated and I like the new schedule that makes hosting a little less stressful!

I hope your day ended better than it started. Work collaboration is difficult sometimes and when we spend so much time at work it can be frustrating. I hope things turn around soon.

It did get better. With work it was just me for like 8 years. I am still learning to let things go and ignore what i am not supposed to work on.

+++++++

This weekend was busy. We got free tickets and food vouchers for the Indians game (Major League Baseball). It was a lot of fun but we were up really late. Then I got DD up at 6am to go and get $1 flip flops at Old Navy. Yes I am nuts. After we got home we all went for a walk and played Pokeman. After we go home I took a nap before heading out to a graduation party.

I started having some pain in my ankle here and there last week and pretty much ignored it. Well I am paying for it now. It started hurting a lot Saturday afternoon and driving home for about an hour did not help. I spent Sunday just resting. I have had this before after a Disney Trip. It is an issue with 2 tendons that attach on the top/side of the foot, run around the back of the ankle up to the the back of the calf where it attaches. When there is swelling between the two they rub against each other and cause the pain. I can't find my brace I was given the last time so I went out and got a new one. I have it on today and so far it feels better. I am trying to take it easy but all I want to do is get my steps in. I am hoping by the end of the week I will be back to normal.

@Flossbolna sorry you're feeling unmotivated, but look at how great you are doing! You're eating healthy and it is showing. Think about that loose skirt. Sometimes all we are doing is all we can do. Think about how great you'll feel on vacation. Go for a walk today and continue to make those healthy food choices!

Saturday morning's weigh in was great. Saturday's eating was all right. Just for kicks I stepped on the scale Sunday. Bad idea! And that is why I only weigh myself once a week! But it is also motivating. I'm just about off work for a few weeks and plan to make super healthy decisions! Says the girl who just ate Haagen Daz chocolate chocolate chip ice cream! :sad2: But I had the calories today so it was totally worth it.

Tomorrow morning I go on two different hour walks! Can't wait.

I feel like I desperately need more motivation... Not sure why I am slacking so much at the moment. Still doing halfway ok, the weight is even lower still than at the beginning of the month and my skirt today fits better than it did last time I was wearing it. But I know that if I did apply myself more, the results would be better. Just so much going on at the moment that I feel I lack the energy for exercise and better food planning. And I know that I would feel more energetic if I did more exercise and that food planning ultimately does not take that much time. But following through often is difficult...

I get that feeling of knowing what we need to do but have difficulty following through - even though we know the benefit of it. Sometimes I think I overthink meal planning and spend lots of time looking for new recipes and ideas and wonder if I kept is simpler if that would help be get in done ... Great news about your body responding to your efforts despite your feelings of lower motivation :-)

I got DD up at 6am to go and get $1 flip flops at Old Navy. Yes I am nuts

$! flip flops that is awesome :D

I started having some pain in my ankle here and there last week and pretty much ignored it. Well I am paying for it now. It started hurting a lot Saturday afternoon and driving home for about an hour did not help. I spent Sunday just resting. I have had this before after a Disney Trip. It is an issue with 2 tendons that attach on the top/side of the foot, run around the back of the ankle up to the the back of the calf where it attaches. When there is swelling between the two they rub against each other and cause the pain. I can't find my brace I was given the last time so I went out and got a new one. I have it on today and so far it feels better. I am trying to take it easy but all I want to do is get my steps in. I am hoping by the end of the week I will be back to normal.

Do you think the irritation is from your increased walking in the morning with DH? I hope it resolves soon and does not interfere with your goals too much :-)

Saturday morning's weigh in was great. Saturday's eating was all right. Just for kicks I stepped on the scale Sunday. Bad idea! And that is why I only weigh myself once a week! But it is also motivating. I'm just about off work for a few weeks and plan to make super healthy decisions! Says the girl who just ate Haagen Daz chocolate chocolate chip ice cream! :sad2: But I had the calories today so it was totally worth it.

Great news about Saturday's weigh in :-) I also have noticed fluctuations and if I do weight more frequently I try not to let it worry me and try to focus on a weekly weigh in - but I have also found that it helps me with increasing my resolve to try harder the next day if I can directly connect it to a day of poorer choices. Glad you enjoyed the ice-cream.

Good morning,

It's Topic Tuesday again, so far this month we have thought about habits/routines, summer, food and the role of our mind on our healthy journeys ... so that leaves us with Physical Activity.

cs-How-Aerobic-Exercise-Can-Help-ulcerative-Colitis-722x406.jpg

What activities do you do for your cardio workout? What made you choose the activity?
How are you going .... have you noticed improvements in your abilities?

Do you do it because you enjoy it or because you know its needed?

So many questions .... lol - I know :-)

Do you think the irritation is from your increased walking in the morning with DH? I hope it resolves soon and does not interfere with your goals too much :-)

I don't know. I am getting a little more walking in but only like 11,000 to 12,000 steps. Over the winter I was doing 10,000 on a treadmill a day. I am thinking this might be the inclines with walking outside.

What activities do you do for your cardio workout? What made you choose the activity?

So many questions .... lol - I know :-)

I walk. I love to play Pokemon Go so that gets me out walking. I will also do squats and lunges. I do it because Pokemon go makes it fun and I know I need to.

QOTD:

I run. I started it because it is so easy to do. You just put on shoes and go outside. And I actually really love it. I am a slow runner, but I don't mind. I just enjoy the exercise, at least I do now, at the beginning I did it because I felt I needed to do something good for me. Haven't been running for far too long (only once every 10 days currently), really need to get back into it again. I have been running on and off for 18 years now and I have seen considerable improvements. I started out huffing and puffing after one mile, now I can run 6 miles without huffing and puffing (but currently my legs would scream because of lack of training). My resting heart rate is regularly quite good and I am sure that this is because of the exercise.

Hello all ... its WOOHOO WEDNESDAY :D:D:D

giphy.gif

It is our last Woohoo Wednesday for the month .... I hope it is a good one for you...

Let's celebrate

This is an area that I continually find difficult - I know better but I really have trouble DOING better!

It is our last Woohoo Wednesday for the month .... I hope it is a good one for you...

Let's celebrate

3 working days until a break from work for 2 weeks :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!