We're Going to Paris! February 2019 Exercise Challenge

@BadPinkTink , are you joining us for the challenge this month? If so, I can add your monthly goal and active minute check ins to our group list on the first page. Just let me know if you decide on a goal and wish to be added to the list. You're welcome to join in.

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in February 2016. I got pixie dusted :) I had originally booked Hotel New York and 3 weeks before arrival I got a phone call from Disney to tell me I had been given a free upgrade!! It was off season AND there was huge construction skims obstructing the views of The Castle and Main Street from the hotel, so Im guessing bookings were down.

The hotel is within the Disney security bubble, so there are no security checks at the park entrance. Disneyland Paris is like Disneyland California, as in the 2 parks are beside each other, therefore the security checks are on the main esplanade.

The special entrance to the parks, is one of the perks for club level guests. There are 2 levels of of club level, the rooms and the suites.
Club level is called CASTLE CLUB and the rooms are located on the park side of the hotel, which means all club level guests have a park view. The Castle Club is located on the floors above the restaurants. Castle Club guests have their own check in / reception, which is located on the restaurant level floor, opposite the shop. Castle Club guests have a special elevator which takes them directly down to the entrance turnstiles, without having to walk though the rest of the hotel. Depending on your room location in the Castle Club, it would be possible to open your room door and walk a couple of feet to the elevator and then be at the entrance turnstile in less than 5 minutes.

This was my room, it was located on the Fantasia Gardens side of the hotel

outside%20Disneyland%20Hotel%20Paris_zpsz82kwzet.jpg

Thanks so much for the great info and the photos from your stay. That really helps clear things up for me!

No, we just did a day trip from Paris. Given that we only had one day to spend in the parks, we didn't want the hassle of packing up and moving our things out and then back to the city. It was pretty disconcerting to enter Disneyland by going underneath the hotel!

Thanks for the videos! They were fun.

I would have stayed put for one day, too. You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed. And so glad to hear you had a good time in Omaha recently. Never been, but glad to hear it's better than I would have thought! Lol!

Congrats to PollyannaMom and to piglet1979 for moving to their next color changes! Keep up the great work! :dance3:

Now that we're in the park, let's rides some rides! Pick your top three choices from this list, and we'll see where that takes us. Remember to narrow this attractions list down to rides. We'll do "things to see" later, and it looks like there will definitely be lots to see.

My votes are going to:

1) Ratatouille: the Adventure
2) It's a Small World
3) Phantom Manor - we're pretending its not temporarily closed

Last edited:
@BadPinkTink , are you joining us for the challenge this month? If so, I can add your monthly goal and active minute check ins to our group list on the first page. Just let me know if you decide on a goal and wish to be added to the list. You're welcome to join in.

I dont really have a goal but I average about 3. 5 miles a day. Some days are less, some days are more, depending on my work schedule as I walk and use public transport and dont drive.

1) Ratatouille: the Adventure
2) It's a Small World
3) Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain - I absolutely loathe Space Mountain at WDW, but I'll give this a try in hopes that it will be better.

Ratatouille is in The Studios
Its A Small World and Hyperspace Mountain are in the main park, if that helps anyone.

My vote is to start with Ratatouille and use single rider. The Studios is really only a half a day park, and is open for Extra Magic Time for all onsite guests. I would be walking into the park at the start of EMT at 8.30am. Depending on wait times for single rider I would do Ratatouille maybe 2 times in a row.

There are two parks—Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park. It’s like California where it’s a short walk between the two. The list combines both parks.

If we’re sticking with Disneyland Park for the moment, I choose It’s a Small World, Phantom Manor, and Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril. If we’re considering both parks, swap Indy for Ratatouille.

There are two parks—Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park. It’s like California where it’s a short walk between the two. The list combines both parks.

If we’re sticking with Disneyland Park for the moment, I choose It’s a Small World, Phantom Manor, and Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril. If we’re considering both parks, swap Indy for Ratatouille.

Let's do both parks. Phantom Manor would have been on my list, too, but it looks closed. I didn't know if that was a permanent closure or temporary. Should have investigated further. [Goes to investigate . . . Returns] Okay, I'm back. It looks like a temporary closure, so let's pretend it's open while we are there. I'm nixing Hyperspace Mountain and voting for Phantom Manor in its place. Off to edit my post now.

I dont really have a goal but I average about 3. 5 miles a day. Some days are less, some days are more, depending on my work schedule as I walk and use public transport and dont drive.

So a good goal for you might be either 45 minutes or 60 minutes per day. You could start now and go through the rest of the month or backtrack to the beginning of the month if you want to try to figure out an estimate of how many active minutes you've already accrued. If you start now, that would be 16 days x either 45 or 60 to figure out your goal for the rest of the month. Then you would just keep track of your active minutes each day and report back in daily or once a week or just whenever you can with those numbers.

So a good goal for you might be either 45 minutes or 60 minutes per day. You could start now and go through the rest of the month or backtrack to the beginning of the month if you want to try to figure out an estimate of how many active minutes you've already accrued. If you start now, that would be 16 days x either 45 or 60 to figure out your goal for the rest of the month. Then you would just keep track of your active minutes each day and report back in daily or once a week or just whenever you can with those numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter