We're flying into Vegas...

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
...spending a couple of days and then driving to DL. It looks like about a 5 hour drive. I have heard that the trip through the desert is interesting.

Anyone ever do the drive?

<font size=4 color=#FF0066>D°o°die</font>
bullseye.gif

March 2001 - Our first trip to Disneyland!! (Grand Californian)
March 2000 - WDW (All Star Music)
May 1998 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1997 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
May 1996 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1995 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1994 - WDW (Honeymoon! Dixie Landings)

Oh YES, Dodie, I've done that drive many times...and that's why we always FLY to Vegas now! ;) That and the fact that it's a 45-minute flight and usually pretty cheap.

If you haven't seen a lot of desert before then the drive would be interesting. It is VERY flat, very straight...and can be very tedious. In March it should be nice, not too hot.

Have fun! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

It really is a boring ride. Once you past Prima Donna & Whiskey Pete's hotel, it's all mountains & desert until you reach Barstow. If you like roller coasters you have to try the one at Buffalo Bill's (near the stateline). If you like shopping, there's an outlet center at stateline or a bigger one in Barstow. We usually stop in Barstow to give ourselves a break from driving. By the way....do NOT drive from Vegas to Disneyland on Sunday. There's a lot of traffic (Californians trying to get home) and will turn a 4-5 hour drive into a 6-8 hour drive.

You can probably make the drive in about 4 hours. (Well it depends how fast you drive & if you get stuck behind a big rig).

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!
tigger.jpg

My husband and I drove from our home in Phoenix to Vegas (stayed for a few days), then drove to Anaheim just this past October. We stayed at Treasure Island and really enjoyed it....of course we would pick the most "disney like" resort there, with all the theming and the pirate show.

The drive from Vegas to Anaeheim was much easier than the drive from Phx to Vegas. Although we hit a bad storm and it rained for the first hour or so. After that, it was smooth sailing. We also stopped in Barstow at the outlet mall. If you're into Coach purses, there's a huge Coach outlet store there. I couldn't resist! ;)

I have to admit, when I told friends and co-workers that I was going on a trip to both Vegas and Disneyland, they thought it sounded a little strange. I didn't think so, since Vegas is really just an adult Disneyland. Of course, we saved the best for last. ;)

poohmail.gif

Check out southwest.com, they had an internet fare of $30 each way to LAX from Las Vegas. You'd spend that much in gas I would think.

dot.BMP

FW-`80, '84, '88
DxL-'91
WDW International Program Canada Pavillion '97-'98
---Vista Way July '97-April '98
---Commons April '98 - July '98
---WL, CS, ASMu, BW, PO, Poly
Offsite-Feb '99
ASMovies-Feb '00
WL, BC, DCL-Sept '00
Disneyland-Feb '01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!