We're back!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
Just got back yesterday. Had a fun (if not wet!!) trip. I could not believe the amount of rain we had last week. If anyone was there, did you catch the new 'lake' in front of the Settlement?!:eek: :bounce: There were even ducks swimming across it! (If you didn't catch it, I've got a picture!!). The pop up next to us lost it's awning with all the rain on Monday. My only complaint was the mosquitos which showed up Tuesday morning after all the rain. We were infested!:eek: I called the front desk immediately and they said they would send someone out that day to treat the canal but they couldn't do anything for the interior of the camper. We must of squished 30 of them and each one was full of blood. ICK!! :mad:

Oh, one more note. There was a lot of debate when I questioned towing options with the Voyager. I am happy to report that it towed wonderfully with no problems. We did 65 - 70 the entire way. The Voyager might not be the ideal tow vehicle and I can not complain. :)

Colleen

Glad everything worked out, the weather has been quite unusual here lately. still beats all that white fluffy stuff though:p :p

The DW and I were just talking yesterday about all the rain we have been getting. I said that I bet all the standing water that had just about totally dried up at FW would be back. Glad you were able to have fun anyway.

Yes, you have to keep that awning slanted so it will drain. All those people you see at the campground with uneven awnings are not "level impaired" they just don't want the water to collect.

I was in 1503 in my tent - arrived last Thursday (in the rain) and check out Monday. Although there was water everywhere around my campsite, I stayed relatively dry. The mosquitos were bad, but I made sure to keep my tent screens zipped up good and used repellant quite frequently. It sure was cold over the weekend though.

I used an ECV the same as I would a golf cart inside Ft. Wilderness and it was great!! No switching buses at all! I think Ft. Wilderness has finally gotten their transport right!! No more TTC :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter