We're ALL Mad Here - March (Hare) Exercise Challenge

Hi everyone I am back. My son ended up in the hospital over spring break. He had a staph infection in his throat, CMV, walking Pneumonia and sinusitis. After lots of antibiotics he is feeling so much better and is actually back to school today! We are hoping that everything stays the way it is going and he does not get sick again.

I was not able to get any workouts in last week but I hope to be able to get in good workouts this week.

Today I did 40 minute walk with my dog and a 20 minute run = 60 minute total today

955/1000
95%

Congratulations to kathleen27 for reaching 50% of goal and Dormouse Purple! And congratulations to courtneybeth and dylans mommy for reaching 90% of goal and Queen of Hearts Red!

Currently at Disney World, you can purchase admission to a special event called Club Villain. Here, in addition to dinner, drinks, and a show, you can meet Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen and the Queen of Hearts. Ordinarily, on the rare occasion the Queen of Hearts is available for meet and greets, she is a masked character. However, at Club Villain she is a face character!

CY42QvYWMAEuEDt.jpg

Hi everyone I am back. My son ended up in the hospital over spring break. He had a staph infection in his throat, CMV, walking Pneumonia and sinusitis. After lots of antibiotics he is feeling so much better and is actually back to school today! We are hoping that everything stays the way it is going and he does not get sick again.

:scared1: Oh my goodness! That is a lot of illnesses to deal with at the same time! So glad he is feeling better. :hug:

20 minute walk with my pup after work today.

840/900

Hi everyone I am back. My son ended up in the hospital over spring break. He had a staph infection in his throat, CMV, walking Pneumonia and sinusitis. After lots of antibiotics he is feeling so much better and is actually back to school today! We are hoping that everything stays the way it is going and he does not get sick again...

Wow - Glad he's feeling better!

After a short hiatus and dr. appt. I am back at it. Per her orders I am not to take even my short walks anymore, however I must dedicate 30 minutes each day to stretching my leg and foot. This is actually working up more a sweat than the walk-ouch! I began on 3/21 each day (i took Easter off though) for 30 minutes so new total

300/310

Congratulations to lilkimmyk for reaching 90% of goal and Queen of Hearts Red! And congratulations to snels for reaching 100% of goal and Mad Hatter Green!

The phrase "mad as a hatter" has uncertain origins; however, the most widely believed is this: in 18th and 19th century England, mercury was used in the production of felt, which was used in the manufacturing of hats common of the time. Workers were exposed daily to trace amounts of the metal, which accumulated within their bodies over time, causing some workers to develop dementia caused by mercury poisoning (called mad hatter disease). Thus, the phrase became popular as a way to refer to someone who was perceived as insane. The earliest use of the phrase found in print is from the January–June 1829 issue of Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, in a conversation between a group of fictional characters:

NORTH: Many years – I was Sultan of Bello for a long period, until dethroned by an act of the grossest injustice; but I intend to expose the traitorous conspirators to the indignation of an outraged world.
TICKLER (aside to SHEPHERD.): He's raving.
SHEPHERD (to TICKLER.): Dementit.
ODOHERTY (to both.): Mad as a hatter. Hand me a segar.

As for our Mad Hatter in particular, Carroll may have taken his inspiration for the Mad Hatter from the known unusual behavior of hatters and also from Theophilus Carter, who was an Oxford cabinet maker and furniture dealer with a reputation for eccentric behavior. The cap, or in Carter's case the top hat, certainly fits. He was something of a 'mad inventor' and came up with the alarm-clock bed, which woke people by tipping the bed over. Carroll would have been familiar with the sight of Carter, in full top hat, outside his shop at 48 High Street, Oxford, where he lived in the 1850s - during the time that Carroll was an Oxford don.

Also, thank you to @sophy1996 for volunteering to host the April thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter