Went to DCA yesterday...trip report

roymccoy

Efficient Oxygen Exchanger<br><font color="#0080c0
We came, we saw, we waited in lines.

Well, it was all VERY MUCH worth it!!

I think DCA is going to be a BIG hit for Disney
and alot of fun for guests. Actually, I was very skeptical about the whole thing. I didn't think there enough room for anything worth $42 and a day
out of my vacation. Wrong! They did it. DCA and Downtown Disney are great fun and totally different from Disneyland. It has a real "MGM Studio's" theme and feel to it. There are about 4 big areas with the food, shops and rides surrounding the middle "walking" sections. I can give a hearty thumbs-up to the:

California Sceamin' Roller Coaster - Smoothest roller coaster you'll ever ride.

Soarin' California - AMAZING! My wife is a pilot and we own a small plane...so I can personally attest to it's realism! Amazing! (Get fast-pass immediately upon entry)

MuppetVision 3D - Just like the one in WDW. FUNNY!

Tough to be a bug - Again, a WDW transplant but well worth a visit again!

Ferris Wheel - Actually, the scariest ride we went on. The cars not only go up really high, but they rock back and forth.

The only clunker was the "Limo thru Hollywood" ride....didn't think it was up to Disney standards. Not much there. Alot of painted plywood and corny jokes. Fits more at Knotts Berry Farm.

All the food we had was either good or GREAT. Try the ice cream cones on the bridge at Paradise Pier. Wow.

Overall, a total MUST DO when you go on your trip to SoCal. Disney has a hit and we loved it!

Roy

Thanks for the report. DCA sounds great!

We are going to be there the middle of March and I have been reading the Unofficial Guide this past week. Everything sounds really neat and I don't want to wait another month and a half!

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

Thanks for the report.

It is nice too see someone out there appreciates what Disney is doing! :)

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

How long were the overall wait times for the rides? I am thinking of going in May before school is out but I am very hesitant of the long lines.....help!!!

October 1997 - Caribbean Beach
August 1998 - Coronado Springs
October 1999 - Villa at the Institute
September 2000 - Disney Institute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!