Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

I don't comment often but want to say I really enjoy your TR's! One of these days I'd love to do a Disney cruise. Looking forward to reading more about it!

I can’t believe how rude that woman was checking you in :mad: so unnecessary
Your stateroom is so pretty and I love your room number 10626 :stitch:
That’s so cool that the guy giving the DVC presentation is the voice on the monorail

What a lovely morning before the cruise. The french toast looked so yummy!

The check in process does not sound nice at all :( not the Disney feeling for sure.

You’re making me even more excited for the cruise! I love pictures of the ship :love:

We can pre-pay parking?

caught up again! What an amazing time you have had!
I am so excited to hear about the Dream. It's been so long since I have been on her

I don't comment often but want to say I really enjoy your TR's! One of these days I'd love to do a Disney cruise. Looking forward to reading more about it!

Ah, I feel very honoured that you chose to comment here! :woohoo:
This cruise was a nice one - minus the rude check in lady. :thumbsup2 We LOVE the Dream .......... and the Fantasy. ::yes::

I can’t believe how rude that woman was checking you in :mad: so unnecessary

She sure started off our cruise on the wrong foot - but once on board we were able to put her behind us. ::yes::

Your stateroom is so pretty and I love your room number 10626 :stitch:

We love the character hint - next cruise we will be in 8626 - 10626 was not available.

What a lovely morning before the cruise. The french toast looked so yummy!

It was so relaxed and breakfast was very yummy! The biscuits we had were hot and fresh and crumbly .........:cloud9:

The check in process does not sound nice at all :( not the Disney feeling for sure.

No, it definitely was not the "old" Disney style. But then I am not on the best terms with DCL at the moment either.

You’re making me even more excited for the cruise! I love pictures of the ship :love:

The Dream is such a beautiful ship. Love it - I never thought I would get over loving being on the Wonder, but the way she looked during the PC really let me down.

We can pre-pay parking?

You used to be able to pre-pay, but they took that option away.

caught up again! What an amazing time you have had!

We had a great start to our trip. Everything just went picture perfect (apart from the lady at check in). ::yes::

I am so excited to hear about the Dream. It's been so long since I have been on her

We love that ship. So pretty and just enough space to spread out and have a quiet spot to yourself, apart from sitting in your stateroom. It had been years for us as well, since we had been on her and we were SO happy to be back.

Following along, what a lovely trip so far (minus the rude people)!

:welcome:
Great to have you ....... lots more fun to come.

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 8, August 29

I wonder if they sell cold medicine … - part 1

We woke up early again, before 6am and after peeking out the veranda door, we decided to go back to bed for a while. Shortly after 7 we got up, took showers, got dressed and at 8am we walked down to Royal Palace for breakfast.
Many people were already getting ready to go on excursions, but we have been to Nassau quite often and we just wanted to get off the ship for a little shopping, so we were in no rush. At the restaurant we were taken to a nice table at the side, handed a menu and told that a server would be right there. And he was. The assistant server asked what we wanted to drink and came over with pastries, which we declined. But we were both served some coffee and some water

i-m64HHwB-L.jpg

and a few minutes later we had placed our order with the main server. It did not take long and our starters were served. We usually order the same items whenever we do breakfast and today was no exception. Tom had ordered the

i-6VCL754-L.jpg

Swiss Bircher Muesli, a Muesli with Raisins, Shredded Apples and Yogurt, while I had gone with my favourite breakfast starter, the

i-Sv7x4VJ-L.jpg

Mornin’ Tug Boat, fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt. We have tried both dishes on all four ships, but the ones on the Dream are the very best. They were as tasty as we had remembered them to be. Starters done, we were served our breakfast. Tom had ordered an all in

i-vkBMdzP-L.jpg

Three – Egg Omelet with Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Ham and Cheese, while I had opted for my cruise staple breakfast, the

i-ntQPHhp-L.jpg

Traditional Eggs Benedict, Toasted English Muffin with Grilled Canadian Bacon served with Poached Egg topped with Hollandaise Sauce, grilled Roma Tomatoes and link Sausages. Perfect start to the day. Well, kind of, as at that time I realized that my nose had started to run a little. Wonderful, here we were in the Bahamas and I was feeling like a cold was taking a grip on me. But at that time I didn’t give it much thought, because as soon as we had tipped our servers and had gone outside I felt much better. We walked back to our room, applied some sun screen, grabbed our bags and off we went to deck 1 to disembark. It only took a few minutes and we were off the ship and on our way into Nassau.

i-9x3hqb8-L.jpg

i-4WmD9gk-M.jpg

i-tMgbztq-M.jpg

i-XqMNMjf-M.jpg

Tom had selected a few geo-caches he wanted to search for and so we marched towards the center to look for them. Didn’t take too long and we had found one of them and were on the way to the next one.

i-7G78Lq5-L.jpg

i-Bxj3D4G-L.jpg

This one took a little longer because we had to solve a riddle first, to find the correct location of the cache. But soon we had found that second one as well

i-XFCDjxg-L.jpg

and all we still wanted to do was to do some shopping. But before we started shopping we stopped by the local Starbucks, got some

i-sTXRxrj-L.jpg

Black Tea Lemonades and asked for the internet access, which was printed on the receipt and walked up to the second floor seating area. We sat there for quite some time, checking email and catching up on social media, while slurping our tea. Again, I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold, but as soon as we were outside again the feeling was gone. Odd! Once we had finished our drinks we set out to buy the few articles we wanted.
First off we were searching for another stapler.
We had all of our FE gifts all packed up and the thing we had forgotten was the stapler, so as in years before we were in search of a stapler. At a tourist office we asked if they could point us to a special store, but they had no idea what we wanted and therefore were no help at all. So we did our own research and we knew there was a supermarket right opposite the Tortuga Rum store. So this is where we went. We looked everywhere and on the way out, out of the corner of his eye Tom saw some office supplies and low and behold they had a stapler. So we walked up, but the sales rep decided to ignore us. After we had been standing there trying to get her attention, another employee took pity in us and shouted at her. Well, that finally got her attention and got us our stapler. One thing down, a few more to go. Next stop was the Tortuga Rum shop right opposite. Right when we went in they offered some rum cake to sample and that is always something nice. So we took our sample, then looked for some vanilla extract that they sell and that is pretty nice and Tom even got some Vanilla rum for our friend who looked after our house while we were gone. And finally we found a liquor store, where Tom could get some local beers. Years ago my aunt had sent me a London shopping bag, which is very sturdy and we keep it in our Owner’s Locker box, but always take it with us on cruises, as it makes a great bag for shopping.

i-697BKdM-XL.jpg

i-bqjKb7S-L.jpg

So we put everything in there, then walked through a few souvenir shops before heading back to the ship.

i-RBxxqG5-L.jpg

We got back on, scanned our cards and went through the metal scanner. Our shopping went through the scanner as well and they told us that they had to hold the rum bottles until we disembarked. No problem. Tom had to hand them his card and they noted everything, gave us a slip of paper, which we subsequently lost and off we went.
Finally at our room I let us in, it was all nicely done up and we went right to have a shower after sweating for a few hours at Nassau. And after showering it was way too late to have lunch at Royal Palace, so we decided on ordering some room service grub.
When I called I also let them know that we still hadn’t ordered our Platinum present and would they bring us a bottle of sparkling wine, which they told us they would, but it would arrive a little later than the rest of our order. We sat on the veranda while waiting and Tom noticed that one of the staterooms opposite of us on the Carnival Liberty had an Austrian flag. Unfortunately we never saw anyone on the balcony or we could have waved to fellow Austrians. Within 20 minutes there was a knock at the door and a server brought our lunch.

i-Q7S7PpV-L.jpg

He put it all on the small table in front of the couch, then was tipped well and we were all in for our relaxed lunch. And since it’s vacation and ice-cream melts fast, we started our lunch with dessert, a delicious

i-TNtjhKh-L.jpg

i-cSsKJ9Q-L.jpg

Mickey bar. And then we indulged in the rest of our food. We shared a

i-c4nh3Gm-L.jpg

Caesar Salad, Crisp Romaine lettuce, Baguette Croutons and creamy Caesar Dressing, the

i-gK2qMGD-L.jpg

Crispy Chicken Tenders served with Barbeque Sauce, the

i-wbhBS6z-L.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese and Honey Mustard Dip and finally the

i-X4cRZMZ-L.jpg

i-Hdbb5kQ-L.jpg

New York Steak Panini with Caramelized Onions and Horseradish. It was quite a bit of food, but we were hungry and not much was left in the end.

To be continued ........

You’re breakfast looks delicious
Great picture of you in front of the Dream and I love your handbag
Ordering room service is such a treat and really makes you feel like you’re on vacation just like Mickey Bars :mickeybar

Last edited:
Finally here a few months late! Thanks for the heads up.

That woman that checked you in was soooo rude but looks like service onboard made up for it! I can't wait to meet you guys in 96 days!!!!

Jill in CO

Oh no, a cold!? Hopefully it didn’t last long.

Looks like they touched up the port area in Nassau? Mom complains how run down the port was when we took our first cruise in 2012.

Love the pictures of the ship :)

Glad you managed to get the stapler!

First off, I am VERY sorry for leaving you all hanging for so long, but somehow I just never found the time to update.
BUT .......
My summer holiday officially started yesterday and we will be home for another 4 weeks before we head out to another great Disney adventure with lots of great friends, so I am trying to wrap this up before we leave.
I really, really hope I will succeed.

You’re breakfast looks delicious

It was! It's not a Disney cruise until I had my Eggs Benedict breakfast. :thumbsup2

Great picture of you in front of the Dream and I love your handbag

We actually took it to show my London aunt that we treasure her presents as the shopping bag was a present of hers. :goodvibes It turned out pretty nice, so I thought I could sneak it in here too.

Ordering room service is such a treat and really makes you feel like you’re on vacation just like Mickey Bars :mickeybar

Room service is such a treat and it took us several cruises before we tried it. Now, we make good use of it. And nothing say vacation more than a Mickey Bar. ::yes::

I could go for a Mickey Bar right now!

You don't have long until you can enjoy one! So jealous that you can just book a cruise on short notice. But have fun on the Fantasy!

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear more!

I am so sorry it took me so long to update, but I hope there will be much more on a much more regular basis.

Finally here a few months late! Thanks for the heads up.

:welcome: I am glad you are here now. As you can see, I did not update much lately, but you should know all the details of this trip before we meet!

That woman that checked you in was soooo rude but looks like service onboard made up for it! I can't wait to meet you guys in 96 days!!!!

She was SO rude. It took a lot of the fun of checking in out of this cruise. I was fuming. Thankfully CM on board were so nice and made us forget soon enough. 48 days until we finally meet now!:woohoo:

Oh no, a cold!? Hopefully it didn’t last long.

I was not able to get rid of it and "brought" it home, even though Miss Irma added a week to our vacation.

Looks like they touched up the port area in Nassau? Mom complains how run down the port was when we took our first cruise in 2012.

The port has suffered when several hurricanes came through and they are only doing "beauty" repairs to be honest. Streets still have huge holes in it and some buildings look very battered. The further "inland" you go the worse it looks.

Love the pictures of the ship :)

One can never have too many pictures of ones favourite ship/s!;)

Glad you managed to get the stapler!

Not the first one we had to go hunting for ........ somehow we ALWAYS seem to forget one. :rotfl2:

Joining in! Not sure how I missed this before!

:welcome: I am very happy you found the TR. And I hope I can deliver more frequently from now on. ;)

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 8, August 29

I wonder if they sell cold medicine … - part 2

It was quite a bit of food, but we were hungry and not much was left in the end.
And right when we had finished our lunch and put aside the glasses for the sparkling wine, there was another knock on the door and our Sparkling Wine arrived. We tipped the server and he offered to take the empty plates back, so we double tipped him. Lunch done we were both tired and went and sat on the balcony with a drink.

i-7DH9C7c-L.jpg

i-fg8Mvsj-L.jpg

i-QCmNMKX-L.jpg

After that it was time to take photos of all the Fish Extender gifts we had already received

i-GRc5sCG-L.jpg

i-WWLmpwW-L.jpg

i-pFnHrLR-L.jpg

and to get our gifts into bags and put the labels on. We wanted
to go and hand out our gifts right away but Tom was missing his lanyard.
We both looked and we could not find it anywhere.
Then it dawned on us.
He had handed it to the person who had given him the paper slip for the rum when we got back on board. He didn’t remember taking it back. Well, we would have to sort that out as well. So what we did was to head right down to Guest Services and told them that we had lost one of our cards plus lanyard. They were super nice about it and told us that that happened a lot and in no time he had a new keycard and a new lanyard.
By now lots of guests were walking around the ship and we decided to better not hand out our gifts right away, but wait until the first dinner seating was on. We relaxed for a bit until we could feel the Dream move again. And again, we enjoyed our balcony while the ship turned around and finally sailed out of Nassau port and off into the evening.

i-rKCfQc5-L.jpg

i-jzGTKSm-L.jpg

i-qmkjsgZ-L.jpg

i-qzLFpBk-L.jpg

i-Bxv4Lj7-L.jpg

i-BtjLsZb-L.jpg

By then the show had started, which was a movie about Newsies and dinner was served to the early birds. But we headed out to deliver our gifts. It took us about an hour with a well-planned route to deliver to all the rooms and a little after 7pm we were back in our room. But by then I felt that I was now really coming down with a cold.
Nothing worse than being sick on vacation and I had already started to sneeze and cough, so we quickly made a bee-line to the shops, looking for some cough syrup or cold medicine. They did sell some and it was our first purchase on the cruise.
Then we finally headed back to our room. We just had a little time to rest before we had to get changed again and had to go down to the Royal Palace for dinner.
Today we were a little later and so had no queue to wait in and were led right to our table. Our assistant server welcomed us and before we knew it, we had our Diet Cokes on the table. Menu in hand we started reading, while the server was putting the bread service on the table,

i-nNWCb6p-L.jpg

Warm Brioche Bread and an

i-3FrxrRg-L.jpg

Olive Spread. A few minutes later our server greeted us and took our order. And it did not take long at all and our appetizers were served. For once we had ordered the same thing, the

i-JvbjRpG-L.jpg

i-BdnJ48x-L.jpg

Breaded and Deep Fried Brie with an Orange and Cranberry Chutney. I have had that before several times and it is hit and miss, but this time the cheese was just perfectly gooey and just perfect with the crisp breading. We had also ordered the same soup, the

i-mXTwvf8-L.jpg

Potage Parmentier, Leek and Potato Soup, another favourite of ours. We did not agree on a main course though. Tom was served the

i-ZRbd3qP-L.jpg

Crispy Roasted Duck Breast, served with Cabbage, Bacon and Shallots, Honey Parsnip Puree and a Duck Red Wine Jus. My heart was set on red meat today, I had the

i-bMc3dnf-L.jpg

Chateaubriand Roasted Filet Steak with Crushed New Potatoes with Shallots, Buttered Green Beans, Red Wine Jus and Bernaise Sauce on the side. We both very much enjoyed our entrees. Both meats were perfectly cooked and went very well with its sides. But we had to leave room for dessert. There was no need for a menu, as we both just wanted the

i-vVMKBZq-L.jpg

Grand Mariner Souffle served with Grand Marnier Creme Anglaise, which is absolutely divine. Again stuffed to the gills we said our goodbyes to our servers and slowly made our way back to our stateroom.

i-pNmPxZ9-L.jpg

i-48H8fvS-XL.jpg

We were way too tired to do anything else, we just went back to our room, where I sampled the cold medicine I had gotten earlier before I went to bed.

To be continued ........

Love the mickey and minnie key chains that you got!!! Your dinner looked so delicious. Sorry you started to feel like you were coming down with a cold. I hope you were able to head it off with the cold medicine.

So glad to see you back Karin!

And extra glad to see ship pictures...I booked a last minute cruise for next week and I just can't wait....your food made me think....I need to plan my eating strategy!

Glad you’re back Karin and you’re trip is right around the corner :cool1:
Great shots from your balcony
I’m glad they had cough syrup on the ship
You’re dinner looked delicious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter