Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

Nice to see you back!

Thank you! I missed the boards, but first the school year was more stressful than I thought it would be and then I needed to finish my planning for the next trip. But I am determined to finish this baby. ::yes::

Wow those are some fancy towels!!!

She was a great host. And once we started putting a few sweets out for her every day - the creations got bigger. :goodvibes

Sounds like a lovely end of the day at Castaway Cay! I love Palo....some of those dishes look familiar! Your room host was very creative!

Jill in CO

Sounds like a lovely end of the day at Castaway Cay! I love Palo....some of those dishes look familiar! Your room host was very creative!

Jill in CO

It was a really laid back end to our Castaway day. I was so happy I made it through without any bigger issues as I still felt sick. And sleeping through the fireworks was not bad at all. ;)

Our stateroom host turned out to be super nice and creative. We thanked her with heaps of candy, which she enjoyed and shared with her room mate. :goodvibes

i-4BWLd2x-L.jpg

Day 10, August 31

How to spend time during a day at sea …… - part 1

It was our last full day on board and we were looking forward to Palo Brunch, so we slept in a bit.
When I woke up I still didn’t feel well, but we didn’t want to skip our reservation.
I had taken cold meds, but my cough was getting worse. Nevertheless we got ready and marched up to Palo at 10am.
Didn’t take long for us to be seated

i-D75TMqs-L.jpg

and after exchanging napkins our server took us for a tour of the buffet. We have done it several times, but it is always nice to be reminded of old favourites. I took my camera and took a lot of photos

i-665Nc8X-L.jpg

i-qXQc2k7-XL.jpg

i-xzNPGjb-XL.jpg

i-hq9Jv2G-XL.jpg

i-hDmhqF6-XL.jpg

i-hcjKHgz-XL.jpg

i-2BQWXj4-XL.jpg

i-LzHsSNW-XL.jpg

i-nxgpfXf-XL.jpg

before we were both handed a plate and told to fill it with whatever we fancied. We both started off with something sweet. The Sticky Buns were fresh and smelled wonderfully, so we both started out with some fruit and a Sticky Bun.

i-89X2FfG-L.jpg

i-wG5FzWc-L.jpg

Tom had gotten more pastries to try and we headed back to our seat. Our server had brought us some water and Mimosas and I had asked for some tea as well and we sat down and enjoyed our first course. Sweet tooth satisfied we went back and got a plate full of their savory items.

i-vk9nXBn-L.jpg

i-z5XSH3f-L.jpg

While we were still munching away our server visited us and asked about which items we wanted to order from the hot menu. We both told him what we wanted and he went and put the order in. After we had finished our cold items it did not take long and we were served our hot items. Tom had ordered the

i-ZdHQqnp-L.jpg

Roasted Red Snapper Filet with Rosemary Roasted Fennel, Cerignola Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and a Saffron Potato, which he enjoyed a lot. I had my heart set on the

i-js4hhGr-L.jpg

Rollatini Melanzane, Lightly Breaded Baked Eggplant, filled with Prosciutto, Sweet Ricotta and drizzled with Aged Balsamico de Modena, which was really nice and just the right size for a hot item.
There was still dessert to conquer, so after finishing our hot items we headed back to the buffet for some yummy sweets.

i-V5cXXbn-L.jpg

i-FhtDcRr-XL.jpg

i-pkc75MD-XL.jpg

But, like always, we were too full to finish them all, but we gave it a good try.

i-wc9j5bG-L.jpg

i-Csnnppf-L.jpg

i-GSXzJFW-L.jpg

The server brought the bill and we signed and tipped and off we went to our stateroom. We had a little rest but not too long as we had signed up for a Martini tasting.

To be continued ........

New trip report for our 2018 vacation has started

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - 32 days of fun and friends

Your meal at Palo and your view look divine
Sometimes sleep is more important than pixiedust: especially when you're not feeling well.

Wow Palo brunch so much food so little time YUM!
Can't wait to hear about Martini tasting :D

After reading the update I had to go back up to the top to figure out which TR we were on, but I should have known we weren't that far along in ours and I wasn't there, but it's very familiar to what we did on the last trip! What a lovely day! Castaway Cay with a Cabana and the Palo! :cloud9:

OK, now I just saw the Palo Brunch portion and I don't know how you folks start off with the sweet part! :lmao: I can't do things out of order, but that's all you ordered off the regular menu? No Chicken Parmesan? :faint:

You folks were at the other end of the table on our last trip, so I didn't see what you ordered, but we went way way way overboard on the menu items and got so much it was crazy!

I love when you and Tom go to the Palo brunches! You always take such great photos. I have never been on a Disney cruise and I need to remedy that very soon!

All I can say is YUM!

Jill in CO

:goodvibes and it got better with liquid "food". ;)

Your meal at Palo and your view look divine

Palo is always such a treat. The food there is always so good and having that view is just the icing on the cake. :goodvibes

Sometimes sleep is more important than pixiedust: especially when you're not feeling well.

:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about Martini tasting :D

It was fun - more fun than the one we did this year, but that's a whole other story. ;)

After reading the update I had to go back up to the top to figure out which TR we were on, but I should have known we weren't that far along in ours and I wasn't there, but it's very familiar to what we did on the last trip!

Sorry! But sometimes it is even hard for me to keep up with what happened when. :goodvibes

What a lovely day! Castaway Cay with a Cabana and the Palo! :cloud9:

Can it get any better than being at CC, relaxing in a Cabana and then head to Palo? ........ well, maybe if you share it with friends. ;)

I can't do things out of order, but that's all you ordered off the regular menu? No Chicken Parmesan? :faint:

Yip, that is all we ordered of the regular menu. Not a fan of the Chicken Parmesan. But the Involtini was yummy!

I love when you and Tom go to the Palo brunches! You always take such great photos. I have never been on a Disney cruise and I need to remedy that very soon!

I just wish there wasn't so much to choose from. :lmao:You could spend a day there trying all the different dishes.
You have never been on a Disney cruise? :scared1: You really need to try one - don't go for the three nighter - MUCH too short!

What a lovely ending to CC. Those pinacolavas are so good! Awesome your host drove you to the ship.

You have me drooling about Palo dinner and brunch. Wowza!!!

Glad you felt ok enough to go to brunch.

Palo brunch is so darn good!

Couldn't agree with you more! :thumbsup2

What a lovely ending to CC. Those pinacolavas are so good! Awesome your host drove you to the ship.

It was a nice evening, even though we slept through the fireworks. :rotfl2:

You have me drooling about Palo dinner and brunch. Wowza!!!

You know we love both ........ all that was missing was sharing it with friends. :grouphug:

Glad you felt ok enough to go to brunch.

I usually felt better in the morning and I was glad we didn't have to miss the foodfest! ;)

i-4BWLd2x-L.jpg

Day 10, August 31

How to spend time during a day at sea …… - part 2

We had a little rest but not too long as we had signed up for a Martini tasting.
We arrived at Meridian about 10 minutes early and there were already a few people there, but it was easy to find a seat. The bartenders were fun

i-hvSG3Bv-L.jpg

and easy to listen to, even though Martinis are not my favourite drink. I tried the first one, and gave about half of it to Tom.

i-h35tzKM-L.jpg

The second one was a bit more my taste and then they were looking for volunteers to mix a few more drinks. Tom got chosen and made the next one, which was pretty nice,

i-BtfwDVC-L.jpg

i-kcXgHQT-L.jpg

i-6dpTKnN-L.jpg

i-HKMZ5bx-L.jpg

i-KMBBBqQ-L.jpg

as was the one another guest was asked to prepare.

i-3WS4Jjv-L.jpg

The last one was a pretty sweet one, which was not bad, but neither of us deemed it a favourite.

i-FwqTCSH-L.jpg

Once the tasting was over and we had finished our drinks we walked the ship for a bit and discovered that it was open house at the kids clubs, so we walked through and got a look at them.

i-kX3gGJs-L.jpg

i-R55SC8C-L.jpg

i-M8Pz8Db-XL.jpg

On our way back to our room we walked past the D-Lounge where they had a towel folding seminar.
Our stateroom host was one of the teachers, so she lured us in and with towels in hand we sat down at one of the tables and were soon learning how to create towel animals. We were allowed to keep the last one we had made and we took it back to the room.
Back at the room we had to empty out our Fish Extender and explored our new gifts,

i-RTm2VmP-L.jpg

i-vPDBCQ4-XL.jpg

i-D7XKn3L-XL.jpg

i-HT4Hr5F-L.jpg

before taking a short nap.
After about an hour and a half we started to do our packing, as we needed to put our luggage out after lunch.
We needed to do a bit of packing and repacking until everything was packed and once it was done, we sat out on the balcony and enjoyed the fresh breeze. At 8.15 we headed down to the Animator's Palate for dinner. But before we left we decorated the towel animal that we had created in the afternoon with quite a few sweets for our stateroom host.

i-brbbHxj-L.jpg

At the restaurant we were quickly led to our table for two and served some Diet Coke and the bread service of the day,

i-FXW3WBj-L.jpg

Garlic and Herb Focaccia with a

i-4GvVz4Q-L.jpg

Roasted Garlic Dip. Soon our noses were in the menus and it didn’t take long for our server to come by and take our order. I ordered my all time favourite, the

i-scvxjH9-L.jpg

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, Pasta Purses filled with Truffle-scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce, which are delicious. Tom ordered the

i-XvTZMmx-L.jpg

Tomato Tarte with Glazed Goats Cheese and Shaved Radish, which he liked as well. And once we had finished them, our next course was the

i-bNDGJrM-L.jpg

i-TdffdjM-L.jpg

Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives, which never disappoints, warm and creamy goodness in a cup it is. For our main courses we had ordered different menu items. Tom had ordered the

i-4cWXdNj-L.jpg

Herb Crusted Pork Chop, a Roasted Pork Chop brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herbed Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Borolo Wine Sauce, which he had had on previous cruises and it was as good as always. I didn’t feel like red meat or fish, so I ordered the

i-bg6J2qb-L.jpg

Lemon-Thyme Marinated All Natural Chicken Breast on top of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables and Grain Mustard Jus, which was very good, but quite a lot of meat. I had been looking forward to dessert, as I had seen a carrot cake on the menu and since I love carrot cake I had to give the

i-bZnkgrM-L.jpg

i-74gjs6J-L.jpg

Deconstructed Carrot Cake, a classic cake with a twist, a try. Well, let’s just say this was a once and done. There was nothing that screamed carrot cake and after trying a bit, I just left the rest on the plate. Tom had chosen the

i-5PhQhGp-L.jpg

Lemon Icebox Pie, served with Lemon Curd and Berry Crème. He isn’t a huge fan of desserts, but I had been torn between the two desserts and he ordered it more or less for me. I tried this one as well, and while it was more up my street, I didn’t eat more than a spoonful or two of it. Before we left we handed out candy and the tip envelopes and then returned to our stateroom.

i-2z9qdSt-XL.jpg

i-tbbKZnb-L.jpg

We found our stateroom host hard at work moving luggage, so we decided to help her and roll ours to where it needed to go. Luggage gone, we sat outside on the veranda for a while, before calling it a day.

To be continued ........

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice day and a good dinner. We always end up getting the Mickey Bars with that menu as we don't really care for any of the other desserts

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Sounds like a nice day and a good dinner. We always end up getting the Mickey Bars with that menu as we don't really care for any of the other desserts

It was a really nice day with the one exception that we had to pack up as we had to leave the next day. We have NEVER had a Mickey Bar at dinner, not that we did not have a lot of them on board, but we always had them from room service. I eat so slowly and they get pretty messy if you don't finish them fast enough. ;)

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Thank you, we certainly did. I hope yours and Fran's was merry as well. :grouphug:

Oops you said royal court, but that was animators. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Love the pasta there. One of my all time favs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter