• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well...It is the night before the Big Day!!!End of Day 1 added!!!

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
I start the Induction on 6/6/03. I am pumped about it but I am also a bit scared. I really want this to work. I know it is going to be tough since I will still have to cook the "no no" foods for my dh and dd. My biggest problem will be the sweets,breads and starches. I know once my body gets used to it I will be fine though!!!

My first goal is to have lost 20# by the time school starts back this year. That will be Aug 8.That gives me 2 months to do it!! I will not be working during the summer so I will be able to get out and do some walking also.

My next goal is to make the 50# mark. I do not have a big timetable on that but January would be nice. I will be happy with this amount of loss but I would still be considered overweight and possibly obese.

When I make it to the 50 mark I will then concentrate on another 25 - 50 lbs. My 25th class reunion will be next summer 2004 and my classmates have never seen me slim. I would LOVE to show up and have them in shock!!!

Most importantly I have a 5 yr old dd that is my life and I want to make sure that I am around to teach her about being a good girl and to see her grow up into a remarkable young woman. I want her to be proud of the way I look and I do not want her to be embarrassed of her fat mommy. I want to instill in her good eating habits also so that she does not have the struggles I have had in my life.

Wish me luck!! June 6, 2003 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's the day!!! Good luck. I just finished induction on Monday. I love this program and I hope you do too.
:D

Well...it is noon on my first day and so far so good. I just came from getting the testing strips and I am sipping on a nice big cup of ice water.

It was a little hard being at Walmart today because I usually get some kind of candy or doughnuts while I am there and I found it hard . I did resist though!! On my way home I mapped out in my car a route that is a mile long so I can wilk it later today.

My dh just came home with a bunch of fresh veggies from the local produce guy.Unfortunately I can not eat them as they are things like lima beans etc. I told him I hope you enjoy them and then it dawned on him that I can NOT have those!! Oh well.

For my first breakfast I had scrambled eggs(2) with cheese. I looked at the sliced cheese and it was 2 carbs and the grated cheese was 1 g for a 1/4 cup. I used the whole amount but that was way too much. Kind of made my eggs yucky. Will use much less next time. I think for lunch I will have some tuna with some chopped up egg and mayo.

Sounds like you made a good start. I started induction a few days ago and it gets easier I think. Just stick with it. Sounds like you have some realistic goals set for yourself. Good luck!

I ended up having 2 slices of ham and some cheese cubes for lunch. Started getting hungry in the afternoon so I made some SF jello and munched on pork rinds and even some cream cheese.

For dinner I had a nice steak. I know I need to at least eat some green beans or something but will try that on tomorrow. I do not eat salad so that part is going to be tough. I will try to get creative with the veggies. The jello was very welcome. It helped with the sweetness I wanted.

Evening snack I ate some more pork rinds and cream cheese. The cream cheese I found at Sams. They come in individual servings so that is convienent. Tomorrow I think I will make some wings and try to get a veggie in. The water has not been a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter