Well I just bought my first AP yesterday so....

Selket

Been there - done that
I thought for certain that general codes would come out today! LOL! I tried to bring you guys some good luck but it hasn't happened. The AP rate is good - still saves us a lot of money on a deluxe.

I wonder how many folks are getting an AP for the first time just to get a discount? Still wishing everyone pixie dust for those general codes though! :wizard:

I am buying an AP for the first time. We will be visiting twice in one year so it is definitely worth it for us. I booked 6 nights at POFQ in August at rack rate but I am watching for the August codes to come out and praying for a discount. I am new to this stuff for I am a bit nervous about it. I just decided to book what I could afford and a discount will be a huge bonus for us! :flower:

I'm buying my first AP this year. I did get it for the room discount, plus the DDE.

We're staying at the Poly and WL for a total of 12 days, so it's going to pay off.

Also, I told my wife that since I already have it, we could look for any good deals and just go for a long weekend during the next year. She agreed.

We're actually going back to WDW in July for a conference and hadn't planned to visit the parks but one day. I'm the only one getting an AP since we have a couple of old 1 day hopper passes left. I'm getting a DDE card too when my voucher arrives.

I'm afraid of the feeling that with the AP I'll need to keep going back to WDW - ;)

Selket said:
I thought for certain that general codes would come out today! LOL! I tried to bring you guys some good luck but it hasn't happened. The AP rate is good - still saves us a lot of money on a deluxe.

I wonder how many folks are getting an AP for the first time just to get a discount? Still wishing everyone pixie dust for those general codes though! :wizard:

Selket, do you mind me asking where you're staying and what rate you got? I will be buying an AP for the first time this year as well to hopefully get a decent discount off a tower room in the Contemporary.

I would love to have some kind of idea of what to expect discount-wise before I buy the pass.

Thanks!

We're paying $194 per night with the AP discount (that INCLUDES taxes) for a standard view (parking lot) wing room at the CR. A garden view at the Poly is $283 per night with taxes so I'm guessing that would be closer to the rate of the tower room at CR. The room I've booked at the CR is the least expensive one at any of the monorail resorts. If you scroll down on this board you'll find some threads listing what others paid with the current AP discount.

But I do suggest that you check for availability for your dates before you get your AP if you are just getting it for the discount. The AP code that is out now has been out awhile and there are still rooms available but perhaps not what you want. You don't have to have the AP in hand to book the AP rate but you do need to have it when you check in to your hotel.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter