We'll have joy, we'll have fun, we'll have Christmas in the sun...TR Complete!

Was planning a Disney-centric Christmas vacation but your trip report made me realize that my family (teenage kids) would much rather do Seaworld and Aquatica part of the time. So much cheaper than Disney during that time as well.... Thanks so much!

Can you provide more details about the free dining? What restaurants do you recommend? Do they provide soft drinks, desserts?

Take care. Great photos!
How much was the Seaworld framed ones?

Loved photo of your DH with Shrek and you looked adorable in ponytails!

Was planning a Disney-centric Christmas vacation but your trip report made me realize that my family (teenage kids) would much rather do Seaworld and Aquatica part of the time. So much cheaper than Disney during that time as well.... Thanks so much!

Can you provide more details about the free dining? What restaurants do you recommend? Do they provide soft drinks, desserts?

Take care. Great photos!
How much was the Seaworld framed ones?

Loved photo of your DH with Shrek and you looked adorable in ponytails!

Hi reinamama,

SeaWorld and Aquatica are great places to take teenagers. If given the choice, my DS would rather spend a day at SW than a Disney park (or at ANY waterpark over them all! Teens love to swim :thumbsup2 ).

The free dining at SeaWorld is awesome. It includes all the quick service restaurants (Mango Joes, Seafire Inn, Voyageurs, Terrace Garden Buffet, the Spice Mill, and Seaport Pizza). We have eaten at the first four and enjoyed them all, though I think top marks go to Voyageurs (which serves great barbecue) and the Seafire Inn, and we would probably not return to Terrace Garden (the pizza was "okay" but nothing special). Your all-day dining provides drinks (non alcoholic, so you can get soft drinks, bottled water, coffee, tea, etc.) and desserts (chocolate cake, carrot cake, cookies, pudding, etc.). You can get one entree, one drink, and one side (which can be dessert or a fruit cup or french fries or a side salad or a giant pickle or whatever ..... it doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert) each time through the line, and you can go through the line as many times as you want throughout the day :thumbsup2 . The all-day dining also includes breakfast, which is served at one restaurant only each day (it varies which one....when we went, it was at Voyageurs). Again, even for breakfast, each time through the line you get one entree (scrambled eggs, homefries and bacon, or french toast sticks and sausage, etc.), one drink (milk, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, etc.) and a side (muffin, croissant, etc.). And if you want just a drink or a snack, you can go through the line just for a bottle of water or a soda and some strawberries....you don't necessarily have to get the full entitlement each time through. So its yummy and flexible and truly unlimited....we love it!

Aquatica's all day dining is at the Banana Beach Buffet. A little different than SW where you have multiple options....at AQ, its all-day access to one buffet location. All food must be consumed in the seating area next to the buffet, but you can come and go as often as you like. They had barbecued chicken, pizza, fresh rolls, hot dogs, pulled pork, brownies, watermelon.....your basic picnic food. Nothing spectacular but something to please everyone. While we much preferred the food quality at the quick service location, the Waterstone Grill, the Banana Beach Buffet was perfectly acceptable and didn't leave any of us hungry.

We purchased a CD of our SeaWorld photos for $40. It had about 30 pictures on it from various locations throughout the park (the Polar Express, the entrance to the park, inside the snow globe, etc.). Its not something they advertise, but if you keep all your photo claim cards and turn them all it at one time (for pictures taken within a 7 day period), they will burn you a CD of all the photos combined. A much better value than paying for just one pic. And then we got wonderful matching frames for $5 each which were themed for the Polar Express and SeaWorld Christmas Celebration. I believe that single 6 x 8 photos are about $15 if you purchase a print, so the CD is a great deal.

LOL, I hate having my hair up. It kills me when I have to tame it, but for that airboat ride, it was an absolute necessity. My boys had great fun documenting the moment, because its a rare opportunity for them to catch me in my more "unnatural" state :rotfl: . They are a devious pair, those two.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

Ah yes, sometimes I forget that there are lucky folks who live close enough to drive!!!! :drive:

Define close -- we're three hours closer than Toronto, but it's still over 1000 miles for us. :crazy2: But with five kids, driving is usually cheaper, plus we can hit some our other favorite places on the way, and we enjoy it. Barring breakdowns, that is. :rolleyes: Although we usually have a pretty good time even then. :)

I started reading your trip report after you were SO helpful to me on a thread I posted about Discovery Cove. I really enjoyed the report and made lots of notes for our upcoming trip...It's great to read a TR that focuses more on SeaWorld and less on Disney (as much as I love Disney we're only doing 2 Disney days this year as staying offsite!)

I look forward to reading more from you in the future....you and your family seem to have such fun!!

I started reading your trip report after you were SO helpful to me on a thread I posted about Discovery Cove. I really enjoyed the report and made lots of notes for our upcoming trip...It's great to read a TR that focuses more on SeaWorld and less on Disney (as much as I love Disney we're only doing 2 Disney days this year as staying offsite!)

I look forward to reading more from you in the future....you and your family seem to have such fun!!

Thank you Angelica :goodvibes . Enjoy your trip, and stay tuned....in about 30 days, I should have another trip report in progress, God willing! :)

Hi Gina!
We are going down to Orlando (Dh, ds 16, dd14, dd11, and ds9...and me!) over Christmas week this year! we are going to do the discovery cove package (add SW, A and BG) do you know if we can add or sign up somehow to get the one day dining in SW and A with this package? Sorry if you answered this before!! TIA!

Hi Gina!
We are going down to Orlando (Dh, ds 16, dd14, dd11, and ds9...and me!) over Christmas week this year! we are going to do the discovery cove package (add SW, A and BG) do you know if we can add or sign up somehow to get the one day dining in SW and A with this package? Sorry if you answered this before!! TIA!

I don't think you can add the all day dining to your Discovery Cove package. That said, you CAN buy the all day dining for both parks in advance of your visit as stand-alone purchases, if you wanted to be sure you had them bought and paid for before your trip.

The SeaWorld all day dining can be pre-purchased here:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/All-Day-Dining-Deal

And the Aquatica all day dining can be purchased here:

http://aquaticabyseaworld.com/en/orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/Banana-Beach

Or.....you can buy all day dining for your family at each park on the day of your visit :thumbsup2 .

Hope that helps! :)

Hi Gina! I just came across your trip report, read the entire thing and loved it! We are headed to Orlando in April for 9 days, doing DC, Aquatica, SW, BG and both Universal Parks. I had originally booked Residence Inn Seaworld but then cancelled it and book Floridays. Reading your trip report is sort of making me wish I'd stuck with Residence Inn! I had also considered Sheraton Vistana Resort so I'm looking forward to read that trip report!

Hi Gina! I just came across your trip report, read the entire thing and loved it! We are headed to Orlando in April for 9 days, doing DC, Aquatica, SW, BG and both Universal Parks. I had originally booked Residence Inn Seaworld but then cancelled it and book Floridays. Reading your trip report is sort of making me wish I'd stuck with Residence Inn! I had also considered Sheraton Vistana Resort so I'm looking forward to read that trip report!

Hi Melissa :wave2: ,

I have heard great things about Floridays, so I am betting you will enjoy your stay there. I think the RI is more a hotel experience where Floridays will feel more "resort-y" (I'm making up my own words, but you get what I mean :blush:). The RI is an official hotel of SeaWorld, where Floridays is a partner hotel, so the guest benefits will differ slightly. I will be interested to hear your thoughts after giving Floridays a try :) .

If you want to read about the Vistana (we LOVED it, BTW!....enough that we bought two units there after returning home from our trip), follow the link in my signature to my August 2013 trip report. Its become our new "home away from home" :goodvibes .

and I think we are leaning towards SW week before Christmas. :-)

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report! We went to Seaworld right before Christmas last year and LOVED it. I refer to Seaworld's Christmas Celebration as Orlando's best kept secret...shhh.;)

What an amazing tip report! I just happened to stumble upon it and am so glad I did! You give great insight into the Disney parkless side of Orlando that is really intriguing....you have given me an awful lot to think about. Thank you for sharing, and you family is just wonderful!

What an amazing tip report! I just happened to stumble upon it and am so glad I did! You give great insight into the Disney parkless side of Orlando that is really intriguing....you have given me an awful lot to think about. Thank you for sharing, and you family is just wonderful!

Thank you choppee :goodvibes . Glad you enjoyed it!

For more "non-Disney" things to do in Orlando, check out my other trip reports as well (see the individual links in my signature). Perhaps there will be a few other ideas for you there as well.

I HIGHLY recommend visiting the ICE! show at the Gaylord Palms Hotel.
I have been going annually since 2006, it's GREAT!

:wave2: I'm in! You did a lot of things on your trip I'm considering for our next one (ICE! show, airboat tour and of course, shopping!), so I'm looking forward to reading more. Loving all the pics, too. :thumbsup2

Carry on! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter