Welcome......

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
Welcome to Coping and Compassion. I asked that we be allowed to have our own board to talk so that we can cope with the illness of a loved one or our own illness for that matter with love and compassion. So please feel free to post here if you are feeling sad or if you have a happy positive story to share about being sick and getting well, we would love to hear that too.

I wanted to make sure I thanked Pumba for the inspiration for this board.....she is there for me when I need to talk and I want to be there for others when they need the same compassion.

Wonderful to have. It's so helpful to talk to others who've had similar experiences. I wish you well! :goodvibes

What a great idea and with the holiday's here some of need some "coping" for sure. My MIL is coming and we are cleaning house.
:wave:

This is such a great idea for a board!!! Thank-you.

This is such a wonderful idea for an board and a welcome addition to the Dis.

Macky Mouse, I dont' know you personally but you seem to me as a wonderful strong person. You have a kind word to say on every one of these threads. you are going through so much right now, and still you make the time to comment on as many of these threads as you can. Hugs to you.

Hello, I'm new to disboards but have already felt very welcome and am enjoying the disney feel of the site. Everyone calls me Seagully, it's my disney pirate nick name- So i'll stick with that for now. I'm 16 years old and 5 years ago I was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia. I was only a child then, still am I suppose. But I have grown alot since. I was hospitalized for a few weeks than was able to go home and still be treated. At first the three times a week doctor appointments were frustrating to the fullest, I hated going, didn't understand cancer and would throw the biggest fits for my mum. I now enjoy visiting the doctors who are still working hard and doing their very best to help me. I was first introduced to disney 3 years ago, living in England. I visited Disneyland Paris on a trip provided for me and other cancer patients at the health center i attended, I had the most wonderful experience and I would never forget it. The Disney Magical feeling can truly change a persons life, and for that I am grateful. I can go into so many details about that wonderful trip, but it will have to wait for another time. Earlier this year I moved to the United States for medicine 'experiments' I have yet to try and quite frankly am scared to the bone. My mum says it will only help, and i trust the doctors who say i won't make it to adultery and yet are still giving me the best support and help they can. What do I have to lose? For those of you out there like me i have two words: enjoy life. Enjoy life to the fullest, have fun, laugh, smile, be with the ones you love and if for some reason you feel like running down main street screaming 'i am free' goodness sake do it! and if you want to spend every waking moment in a disney park taking in that everlasting feeling of happiness, do it! Give mickey mouse the biggest hug, scream your voice out on a thrilling roller coaster and dance with a parade! Sing with the pirates! Just have fun, that goes for everyone. I plan on doing all of the above in 2 weeks when i visit Disneyland Resort for the first time. I have my good days and my bad days but disney always has a way of making me smile, and when i'm not dreaming of disney or in a disney park i can go to vmk (virtual magic kingdom) and the feeling still last even when i'm sitting in a hospital bed during chemotherapy, i can log on there and shoot ships, talk with great friends and even ride my favorite peter pan ride. I may not make it in this world as long as others, but i can say I am enjoying life and I'd like to thanks disney for making all my dreams come true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!