Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Woohoo it's Wednesday. Elimination diet starts today... at lunchtime. I didn't quite get my breakfast together and had a Rolfing appointment this morning, so I couldn't just catch the next bus. So breakfast is Starbucks's one more time, then for lunch I have shrimp, carrots and hummus, plus a banana for a snack somewhere along the way: dinner will be hamburger.

Second woohoo is that as mentioned, I had another Rolfing appointment this morning where she worked on my feet/legs/hips. I'm moving totally differently, which is always so surprising, but I sure wish I wasn't going to be sitting at my desk all day.

Third woohoo... Monday they put in the new power pole, which makes me very happy. The old one is still there as there are more utilities to be moved, but they did chop the top off... hopefully the Flickers weren't nesting in the nest-hole they created in it yet.

Not so woohoo-y... we're having another day of wet rain (our rain is usually more misty and not so wet) and dark grey skies. It's really starting to get to me... I'm so tired of having cold wet feet and so want to bust out the sandals. I normally go to WDW this time of year to get a good dose of sunshine and I am regretting that I didn't plan to do so this year - but am ever so thankful that I do have Texas coming up.

Hope all y'all have a woohoo-able Wednesday!

Last edited:
My woohoo is that my brother bought and installed a trailer hitch on my SUV for my new bike rack as a thank you for doing his taxes. I've just been shoving the bikes in the back which is a huge pain and the most I could fit was two. The rack I got fits 3 so the whole family can bike together again.

Woohoo it's Wednesday. Elimination diet starts today... at lunchtime. I didn't quite get my breakfast together and had a Rolfing appointment this morning, so I couldn't just catch the next bus. So breakfast is Starbucks's one more time, then for lunch I have shrimp, carrots and hummus, plus a banana for a snack somewhere along the way: dinner will be hamburger.

Please keep posting about your elimination diet! I am interested to hear about it as I might want to try it for myself at some point... However, didn't you say no legumes and aren't chick peas legumes and the base of hummus? I was wondering what you would eat in that diet: Mainly meat and veggies and fruit?

Please keep posting about your elimination diet! I am interested to hear about it as I might want to try it for myself at some point... However, didn't you say no legumes and aren't chick peas legumes and the base of hummus? I was wondering what you would eat in that diet: Mainly meat and veggies and fruit?

The Whole 30 plan is no legumes, but I'm kind of doing my own version of it since I can only squeeze in 14 days and I don't often eat anything in the legume family, so I'm thinking it is something I'm not sensitive to. The biggies for me are no refined sugar, dairy, gluten, nuts, corn, or soy. What's left over is whole food - fruits, veggies and proteins - that you cook yourself :rolleyes1so you know exactly what you are eating. The 4th and 5th days can be pretty rough, and are often referred to as the "kill all the things" phase, so I've got those lined up to happen over the weekend. :scared1:

My woohoo today is that I am off of work until Monday. My husband was home with the kids Monday and yesterday, both of us were off today and then just me and the kids thursday and Friday. My husband started the cleaning yesterday. We got my daughters and sons room done including shampooing the carpets. I also have our room mostly done. My husband will shampoo the carpets this weekend. Tomorrow I will go through all of my clothes and get rid of the tons of clothes that do not fit and I haven't worn for years.

I found film that has not been developed so I tried to take it today. Since it is not regular 35mm I haven't found anyone that will develop it. I am going to try a few more places tomorrow. I am hoping I can find a place. I am pretty sure the pictures are from a Hawaii trip with my high school marching band.

9 year old finally decided to get up and I actually got some feeling in my left leg so was able to get 20 minutes of walking in going around my house and even outside a bit. It was warmer at 12:15 am than it was at 7:30 pm. Total minutes to date 573 and since I have 77 minutes to meet goal and my fibro has been acting up this month with the it's spring nope winter well spring back to winter and I am having a hard time adjusting physically.

A stroll through a neighborhood (this is a few blocks from a friend's house taken out my truck windshield and passenger window.

Tank the biggest baby and most gentle Belgian Draft Horse that you could ever meet.

Sunshine

The horses actually belong to a family friend but they are in our pasture for most of the summer.

@sweetpeama Great pictures! I love the deer just standing in the road!! Would never happen here where I live. But we do have racoons, foxes and bunnies that have adjusted to city life and you can see them...

Just checking in because one of my resolultions is to post more. I think I always did better when I was around to post instead of just reading. I am still doing well with my eating. Yesterday evening I got home and felt very peckish. But just made myself a nice cup of tea (roiboos with pinapple and coconut, I drink it with milk and think of pina coladas!) and did not eat anything. Same today at lunch. Felt still too hungry after my lunch, but just had a nice cappuccino and half an hour later I am not hungry anymore. I need to remember that one of my issues is that my body takes a long time to stop feeling hungry and I need to manage that better again. I used to set a timer for 45 minutes when I started to eat my alloted portion and only if I was still hungry once the timer had gone off, I would allow myself to get something more to eat. I think I need to do this again.

And in other news, I finally ordered my new iPhone!! So excited. It should be here tomorrow and then I can play with it over the weekend.

Happy Thursday friends! I tried multiple times to get on here and posting yesterday, but it just never happened. I started a post in the morning when I was home, but got a last minute call for work and had to dash out the door in minutes, so I just closed down the post I had started. Then I had a bit of time at work on a computer, but the phone kept ringing and I never got the Disboards open. Then of course home, cooking dinner, more work online at home, and then Survivor.... so no actual Disboard posting time!

But here I am! And my WOOHOO WEDNESDAY celebration is..... the sun shone in my town for about 10 minutes yesterday! :sunny: Truly, that was exciting. I hadn't seen the sun in about a week.... it is getting really depressing! Like @Oneanne mentioned having, we have had SO MUCH rain lately.... rain, drizzle, sprinkles, wet snow, freezing rain, sleet, grey skies, fog.... all of it a giant YUCK IMHO. And the sun is shining RIGHT NOW and there isn't a cloud in sight!! I am beyond delighted (especially since I am not working at school today)..... but this is just a precursor for the 5-10 inches of SNOW expected at my house this weekend.:sad2:

Like our friend @Flossbolna, I need to be better about posting here. I find I do BETTER with my healthy lifestyle if I keep up with the chatter here. Something about the accountability of talking about my food and exercise choices.

Time for breakfast and some house cleaning. DS is coming home from college this weekend and bringing a couple of friends to stay over. They are hoping to hit the local paintball park on Saturday (not sure if this will happen due to the impending weather), so I need to run the vacuum and dust rag around, clean a few bathrooms and be sure I have clean sheets, blankets, etc ready.... and I'll buy food tonight after my WW meeting. Not sure what I will feed three college-age "men" other than pizza, but I'll try to be creative. DS loves my broccoli cheddar soup and my curried carrot soup, so I may try to make those while they are at paintball so they can come back to a warm meal after a cold wet day outside in the snow and mud!

Another day with time for avocado toast with egg for breakfast! YUMMMM!! Already had a great bowl of cantaloupe and already finished 2 cups of coffee, since I've been up since 4:45 am for my online job. Now my "post work" relaxing time is done and it is time to eat and get on with my day! Gotta leave the house about 2 pm for tonight's WW meeting.

TTY soon I hope!..........P

Belated Woohoo over here: Last night DH and I went and stayed the night at my SIL for a few reasons. 1) There was a Lilly & LipSense party (which I had never heard of but is this great long-wear lipstick that I now love LOL). So I got some awesome new lipstick and a new Lilly dress! Yay! and 2) We were staying there to test out the hour commute we would have if we decided to move up there. Housing is so much more affordable in their area, and we already found a house we really like. Just gotta make sure I am up for the commute.... We will see if I hit a huge sinking spell later today Haha!

I had kinda an interesting book idea as I was falling asleep last night so I'm going to journal on that for a bit. Something goofy to pass the time.

That's really cool. Something I think that's just as important as physical health is creative health/creative outlets! :)

Elimination diet starts today... at lunchtime.

Please keep posting about your elimination diet! I am interested to hear about it as I might want to try it for myself at some point...

Yes, I am interested to hear how this goes as well! I have some adult cystic acne that drives me insane. I know my body is trying to expel something bad from itself through my skin... I just don't know if it's upset with the dairy, the gluten (which I feel is the trendy thing, but don't know if it's based in science relative to the skin), or any other number of things.

I found film that has not been developed so I tried to take it today. Since it is not regular 35mm I haven't found anyone that will develop it. I am going to try a few more places tomorrow. I am hoping I can find a place. I am pretty sure the pictures are from a Hawaii trip with my high school marching band.

That's exciting!

9 year old finally decided to get up and I actually got some feeling in my left leg so was able to get 20 minutes of walking in going around my house and even outside a bit. It was warmer at 12:15 am than it was at 7:30 pm. Total minutes to date 573 and since I have 77 minutes to meet goal and my fibro has been acting up this month with the it's spring nope winter well spring back to winter and I am having a hard time adjusting physically.

A stroll through a neighborhood (this is a few blocks from a friend's house taken out my truck windshield and passenger window.

Tank the biggest baby and most gentle Belgian Draft Horse that you could ever meet.

Sunshine

The horses actually belong to a family friend but they are in our pasture for most of the summer.

Fun pictures! :) I love seeing all those animals. Reminds me of growing up in rural south Georgia.... now, I only see lizards, iguanas, and raccoons around!

I used to set a timer for 45 minutes when I started to eat my alloted portion and only if I was still hungry once the timer had gone off, I would allow myself to get something more to eat. I think I need to do this again.

This is SMART! I may have to try this too!

Another day with time for avocado toast with egg for breakfast! YUMMMM!!

You have inspired me with this! I went and got some avocados to try this for breakfast tomorrow!

Something about the accountability of talking about my food and exercise choices.

I think for me it is the fact that I get a very positive boost when I can talk about something good that I did - and the encouragement when things don't go so well. When I don't post, I don't get the feedback (and if it is just a like under my post).

Hope April will be a great month for all of us - which reminds me: Do we have a hostess lined up???

Question of the Day - March 30

"Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes.
Which means―hey, glass half full!―we all have a lot in common.
And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional
each of us will be.
But we have to try. So no matter what type of
animal you are, from the biggest elephant to our first fox,
I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place....

tumblr_o83tnruD0l1tamedoo1_500.gif

tumblr_o83tnruD0l1tamedoo2_500.gif

tumblr_o83tnruD0l1tamedoo3_500.gif

So I wanted to end the month tomorrow with Friday fun tomorrow,
so let's use today for reflection on the past month.

"Change starts with you" - We all have been on a life changing journey this month,
be it small changes or really big changes.
Each step, no matter the size, leads you forward into being the best you you can be!

So what progress have you seen this month?
What have you learned from yourself this month?
What do you see for yourself in the future?

*Speaking of the future: do we have a host for next month?*

QOTD: I actually have made progress this month, it just isn't reflected on the scale quite yet. Getting my thyroid issues figured out is a significant turning point. And making the connection to the moodiness and consistently negative thoughts has been huge... plus seeing the darkness clear as my body has been rebalancing really gets me excited and hopeful for what I can accomplish in April.

First half day of elimination is in the bag, and it went well. I actually might remember in the future to make the first day a half day as it's an easier transition and even with having had SB for breakfast I do already feel better. I do have a proper breakfast with me today, as well as my lunch and snacks - yah me :cheer2: . And I'm actually wearing new clothing today, yes, I sucked it up and bought a few things in a larger size including some navy linen drawstring pants that I'm quite liking. I'm going to run over to the store at lunchtime and see if the other color they come in is there and if not will order from on-line. I've been looking pretty sketchy at work lately, plus I need spring clothing for Texas, so I am right pleased to have found something. This weekend I'm going to finally get down to sewing some things as well, so I should be in pretty good shape soon.

The rain/clouds broke yesterday afternoon, there's no rain so far this morning and tomorrow is forecast to be in the 60's. Thank you Mother Nature, we so need some warmth and sun light.

Question of the Day - March 28

images

Alright, officers, we are sprinting for that finish line!
We only have 4 days left to make the most of March.

What are some things that you can do this week to help you get as close to your goal as possible?
More water, more green tea, extra steps, smaller evening treats, reminding myself of upcoming events where I would like to be at my best (which for me is a few pounds below goal weight).

QOTD: I've already mentioned that I'm starting an elimination diet Wednesday... I'm sure some weight will come off fairly quickly but the intention is to feel better by giving my body a break from the things I think are bothering it. The viewing of Embrace is Friday evening and I'll connect with the Nutritionist then, with the plan to get going on a 12 week session with her when I get back from Texas, hopefully a group session but one-on-one if she doesn't have any groups planned. I did get a much better night of sleep last night, which was badly needed... hopefully today will be a good day.

Been poking around looking at options to complete my June trip to the crafting retreat: hotels in Boston are so stinking expensive, plus I would need to add a rental car, so I'm balking a bit and thinking I might fly in to Manchester, the closest airport, a day or two early and either stay there or Concord and just explore a bit. The other option is to go for just the retreat, which will certainly be enough just on it's own.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Please, please, please.... if you come to Manchester, or even Boston, LET ME KNOW! I'd love to meet up and put a face with the name!! And yes, Boston hotels are insanely expensive.... and the cheaper ones are sometimes in questionable areas, so if you are looking around and would like a "local" opinion, let me know.

Eating dinner for lunch, as DH and I are both home right now but I'm heading out for my WW meeting later. This way I'm not rushing home for dinner.... I'll buy my groceries after my meeting and then have an easy light dinner after that.

Kitchen, mudroom, hall, and downstairs bathroom are mopped, compost buckets are emptied (they have been buried under snow, but we got enough melting to get them out..... of course, they will be covered with snow again by Saturday :( Laundry is moving along, dining room, living room, and kitchen are picked up, garage entrance is swept.... so the house will at least be minimally presentable for DS's friends. I need to dress for my WW meeting tonight and leave early to run a few errands in town while I'm there...........P

More water, more green tea, extra steps, smaller evening treats, reminding myself of upcoming events where I would like to be at my best (which for me is a few pounds below goal weight).

Please, please, please.... if you come to Manchester, or even Boston, LET ME KNOW! I'd love to meet up and put a face with the name!! And yes, Boston hotels are insanely expensive.... and the cheaper ones are sometimes in questionable areas, so if you are looking around and would like a "local" opinion, let me know.

...P
@pjlla... absolutely! As much as I love Boston, I just can't see spending that much for an add-on to the real trip, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to fly right in to Manchester a few days early and get a car to do some exploring, then return the car and either shuttle or carpool to the camp. The retreat is at Rockwold Deephaven Camps, which I guess is just north of Center Harbor and an hour or so away from Manchester. Would love to meet up... also if you have any recommendations for interesting places to explore, possibly history focused that would be great.

Hello all,

Sorry for being quite slack in my posting this month. I have been reading through the chatter though and you are all seem to be doing so well. I just haven't been able to muster up the motivation to post.

It has been a busy work month, getting back into the swing of kids sport which adds a training night and Saturday game day - which is now super long due the teams the boys are playing in and there is a big gap between their games - but not really work coming home for - so we just stay and watch other teams play and chatter with the other families. For example DS13s game last weekend was at 8am with us there from 7.30am for warm up - DS16s game did not start until 1pm!! So it wasn't until around 2.30pm when we got away after they do their after game chat and player of the match etc - which DS16 got this week and DS13 had gotten the week before. My housework is suffering big time and I am tired, tired, tired.

It has been an interesting few days here - Further up the Queensland coast at the Whitsundays a Tropical Cyclone category 4 crossed the coast causing lots of damage especially to the island resorts and lots of people had been stranded there until yesterday in not very nice conditions and running out of food and water. After crossing the mainland it lost a lot of its power and decreased to a tropical low weather system that then came down the coast brining a lot of rain (over a months worth in one day) and still strong gusty wind with it - flooding was expected. The government made a huge decision yesterday morning to close around 1000 schools and they will remain closed today for safety of families and to keep people off the roads when the worst of the weather was expected. The catholic schools were slow to follow suit - which caused a lot of frustration as it is exam block for the seniors (this affects DS16) and DS16 had an exam scheduled - so when I called the school they were saying we are open and exams are going ahead - I said are you crazy??? We have a new principal and our last principal closed the school in very similar circumstances a couple of years ago with much better communication. UUggh - so off we went to try and get him to his exam - water over the first road we chose (made DS16 film it on his phone so we could send it to his principal) - so had to turn around - then off in another direction and radio says that the Catholic schools have now followed suit with closures! So get DS16 on the phone to them to check - yes they said all cancelled and closed now - never mind the students who had already been dropped off - with parents now having to head back to get them! Hillarious (but not really) I received a text message from them last night at 8pm saying that - Due to extreme weather parents to make decision about school attendance and it would be open for supervision of students if parents sent them today .... at 8PM! .... so did they mean the day that was already over or the following day!!! lol Exams have finally been postponed for start of term 2. The kids are happy - as this means they got to start their Easter Break early - They are now off school for 2 weeks - I am working 3 days next week and then I will be off for the remainder of that time.

Today is my Mum's birthday - so hoping we can get out somewhere for lunch maybe to celebrate that. The sun is out here now but there is supposed to be some strong winds coming through.

We were staying there to test out the hour commute we would have if we decided to move up there. Housing is so much more affordable in their area, and we already found a house we really like. Just gotta make sure I am up for the commute.... We will see if I hit a huge sinking spell later today Haha!

I had to do close to an hour's commute a few years ago for 6 months - I struggled with it - The drive itself was mostly ok as it was straight highway driving for the most part - but it was the distance that got to me over time or if there was an accident and there was no choice but to just sit and crawl through it - also having the kids made it more difficult for me - it meant they were at my parents for breakfast and then a late pick up close to dinner time and then I was so much further away from them if anything happened in the day (I know you don't have that concern yet - but you may want to think about it if kids are in your future plans/hopes). I found that when I stopped after getting my transfer back to the coast that was when I actually noticed what a toll it had taken on me and my body - although I was able to mostly push through it at the time because that is what we do when we have to. Sooooo whilst a one day trial will give you a taste - a full work week doing it may give you a better idea.... Lots of people do it I know - lots of people drive from here on the coast about 90minutes to work in Brisbane every day.

I really haven't made good progress this month or in a year really - Whilst I have gone up and down with weight - I really haven't lost anything. I am really upset with myself by this. I am feeling very down about it all and what I see for myself in the future - This is probably why I haven't been posting much this month - I just feel awful and like I have not been living up to the reason I joined you all in the first place. I have been contemplating sitting next month out. I am frustrated with myself - I SHOULD be able to do this ---- I NEED to be able to do this - but here I am a year later - back to no activity and eating crap way too often. Sooo .... I think I will take a break from posting and goal setting on here next month and just see if I can get myself back to a point where I feel I can honestly contribute to the QOTDs - I may drop by a little to check on you all. I am going to enjoy some time with kids over this break. March sometimes sneaks up on me emotionally as well as it has an anniversary that is now just a sad reminder of what could/should have been :(

Reporting in for the month: 65%

Good luck with your final goal achievements for the month everyone.

A BIG THANK YOU - to @Lady Marie for hosting this great month :)

Last edited:

I have not really seen an progress and I am kind of bummed about it. It is my fault though. I ate a bunch of junk this month. I need to re focus and get back on track. I have relearned that I really need to just stay away from the tagalong cookies. That started the down word spiral. In my future I need to get back to working out more and eating better. I need to get back to tracking my food. I seem to do much better when I track my food.

+++++++++++++++

So today I went through all of my clothes. I got rid of 5 garbage bag full of clothes. I still need to organize my drawers but I at least got rid of a tone of stuff that I haven't worn in years. I didn't get to the rec. I ended up with a massive headache this afternoon. I am pretty sure that all the dust is getting to me. We have been going some massive spring cleaning so the dust has been kicked up.

Tomorrow I am going to get the bathroom and the kitchen cleaned. I don't think I will make it to the rec though. I am getting my hair done in the afternoon and then going to an adult Easter egg hunt. It is a fundraiser for my nieces competitive dance. It should be a lot of fun.

*Speaking of the future: do we have a host for next month

I am down 4 lbs this month so I'm checking in at 80% for the month. That's not too bad all things considered. I have learned not to be too hard on myself and I am stronger than I give myself credit.

I can host for April if we don't have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter