Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Lady Marie

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our little corner of Zootopia---WISH-topia!

IMG_0074.JPG

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, tenth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive bubble of pixie dust - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. I, lead ZPD Officer, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.

We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and uh... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

So "hop" on into your meter maid cart and let's get ready to go!

IMG_0075.PNG

Last edited:
This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, maintenance mode, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL
1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!
It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

Last edited:

I am joining in again this month. Can't wait to get to know you lovely ladies who have been on this journey with me the past couple of months even better as well as meeting anyone who is new. If you are reading this and are new to this group, the WISH community, or even DisBoards in general and are thinking that they have been together for so long there is no way someone who is new is going to fit in please be assured that is not the case. Personally I have not been on a Disney Trip in over 7 years with it being years before I will be able to return short of a financial miracle. You don't even have to be what my 12 year old would call a Disney Nut you just have to want to get to a healthier place in your life be it loosing weight, increasing physical activity, drinking more water, or what ever you need or want to work on this month.

Question of the Day: March 1

latest

As a young and spirited bunny, Judy Hopps (leading lady in the movie Zootopia), has big dreams and aspirations of being the first small mammal (let alone the first bunny!) to be in the Zootopia Police force!

This dream was met with a LOT of push back-- especially from her family.

latest

We all have our own dreams and WISHes for this month inspired by our backstory-- what's your backstory? Tell us about yourself!

What are your dreams/goals for this month?

What push backs and obstacles are in your way this month? What's your plan to overcome them?

Good Morning! I am Stephanie. I am 37, married for 12 years and have 2 kids (DS almost 11 and DD 9). I was the skinny kids growing up but as I got older and had a desk job, and not chasing little kids everywhere, I have gained weight. Jan of 2015 I weighed more then when I did pregnant. I needed to change. Since then I have lost about 13 pounds. Some months are better then others but I am happy with the slow and steady pace.

This month my goal is going to be to lose 4 pounds. I don't know if I have ever really hit this goal by I will work hard toward it. I need to get back to tracking my food. I slacked off in Feb with this. I also have a new fitbit that tells me if I have not gotten 250+ steps for the hour. Getting these steps really help at the end of the day so it is not a mountain to climb to get 10,000. I am thinking of upping my step count to 11,000 but I am going to give it a week or so beofre doing that.

This month there should be NO obstacles. I may be off of work on the 17th and the last week of the month. I am not going anywhere. My kids are off of school. This will give me a chance to workout earlier int he day. Also, basketball for my son will be ending most likely this Saturday and baseball doesn't start until April. This is one month that we don't have a lot going on.

I'm here to reserve my seat! But I've gotta get some stuff done around the house, so I'll be back later to FORMALLY get started!......P

Instead of doing a weight goal for this month I'm going to concentrate on a mileage goal. My goal is 60 running miles and 40 biking miles. My husband wants me to do a duathlon with him in April so we'll see how this month's training goes.

Question of the Day: March 1

As a young and spirited bunny, Judy Hopps (leading lady in the movie Zootopia), has big dreams and aspirations of being the first small mammal (let alone the first bunny!) to be in the Zootopia Police force!

This dream was met with a LOT of push back-- especially from her family.

We all have our own dreams and WISHes for this month inspired by our backstory-- what's your backstory? Tell us about yourself!

What are your dreams/goals for this month?

What push backs and obstacles are in your way this month? What's your plan to overcome them?

Back story..... wowza.... I've told it so many times here.... I keep trying to think of something NEW and fresh! I did a quick search to see if I could find my very first WISH introduction, but the best I did was find one from 9/2009... but clearly that wasn't my first. For some reason the search won't take me back further than that. Oh well.

I lost 86 pounds with WW in 2008/2009 and have maintained that weight loss since then. I won't say that it is a constant "battle" or "struggle" but I certainly must remain vigilant at all times. Sometimes I do GREAT and other times I don't do as well as I know I should.... but I plan to NEVER, EVER, EVER give up. I've been-there, done-that with regards to losing and regaining... and it is too discouraging to live through again! I have a number in my head that is my "pull-your-sh**- together" number.... and if I see that number on the scale (or heaven forbid, a higher number) I KNOW it is time to take stock and make some serious changes. Fortunately I rarely see that number (usually after a vacation). But I think it has helped keep me from letting the weight creep, creep, creep back up.

For a bit about ME (rather than just my weight loss story), I'm a 50+ Mom of two college-age kiddos who are the ABSOLUTE loves of my life!! Married to DH for 25 years this May and we are definitely struggling to find a new life together as "empty nesters" but we will make it through! For those in your 20's, 30's, and 40's, I know that it probably sounds like I'm an "old lady".... but in my mind I am truly still a young woman! That old wrinkled face in the mirror surprises me every day! I'm sad that I didn't get my weight under control while I was still in the "prime" of life so that I had a young face and a healthy slim body.... but I'm content to have one of the two now in my middle-age years! In 2013 I became a Weight Watchers Leader and in 2016 I became a Weight Watchers 24/7 Expert Chat coach. I really like both jobs and find it really rewarding to help people achieve something so important!

Dreams and goals for the month.... I'd love to get back to one pound under my goal weight.... something that I didn't succeed in doing in February. As silly as it sounds, losing just 2-3 pounds now is truly a struggle for me. I think it is a combination of my middle-aged/menopausal metabolism combined with the fact that I am truly firmly within a healthy weight range and the fact that I don't get as much deliberate exercise as I should.

No real obstacles in my way other than MYSELF! ..................P

I know it was not mentioned here but it was in February's. It is woo hoo Wednesday and I have one that I want to share. We might be going to Disney World this year. Nothing is for sure yet but it is a possibility. Today is the closest I have gotten my husband to saying yes. Only if Star Wars land was open it would be much easier. I figured out that we can go for 7 nights, 6 day park tickets w/park hopper and free dining for roughly $3,500 and if we stay at CBR you also get a $25 gift card per night. That would $525 we get back to use for survivors and breakfast. Not the best resort for right now but with the price it might be worth it. This has brightened my day since our Disney cruise might not happen because of the cost. The Disney cruise we want to do would be about $8,400. That is out of our reach. We are still looking at what else we can do and looking at other cruise lines so I have no clue what we will do.

Hi, I'm Becky - I'm at 46 year old mother of 3 kids, DD20, DD18 and DS14. The 2 oldest are away at school now - college freshman and sophomore. They are doing great and I'm very proud of them even though I miss them being around all the time. Our youngest is a freshman in high school and is currently in the middle of baseball tryouts for the high school team. DH and I will have been married 25 years this summer. Doesn't seem possible, but I guess it is lol!

I've been on this current weight loss journey for the past year and it's had its ups and downs for sure. I'm hoping to start this month off strong and get myself back in line for losing and changing my life for the better. As hard as it is to type out, I lost 30 pounds last year between March and June and as of this morning, have gained half of it back. That's changing now!

My goal this month is to track every day. When I'm successful, I track in MFP and I've got to get back to it. I'm an accountant and when I can think of my daily eating as my food "budget", I do pretty well. So, I feel like if I track every day, the weight loss will follow. I hope that with the daily tracking, I will lose at least 8 pounds this month, but the goal I'm going to report here will be on the tracking.

I'm in it for the win. I'm throwing down the proverbial gauntlet with myself and going for a straight up weight loss goal: I want to drop 15 pounds by the time I go to Texas in April, which means 10 pounds in March. Do-able in the sense that's it's just over an average of 2 pounds per week, but also a challenge because I've done virtually nothing about weight control the past 6 months. I had my second Rolfing appointment this morning, and starting to feel better is getting me in the head space to get back on track. Just cutting out sweets will result in a good weight loss, but I'm going to also concentrate on food quality, with lots of greens and veggies.

Here's to a healthful March for all of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!