Welcome to the DIS Dads!!!!!

Name is Jon. Been to WDW about 18 times in my 29 years of life. Now have a 5 year old and taking her to WDW this Sept for the first time. We breathe, sleep, eat disney at my house. From "Under the sea" alarm music, to Frozen fruit snacks, to one Disney movie before bed. Can't wait for her to see the real deal in Sept.

How does this site work?

Whats up guys.....my name is Matt ive been 4 times this year last december than september for food and beer...and in may for starwars weekends and that scheduled for decemner 1-10 this year..my son is 4 and loves it to the max...and so does my wife.......glad to be here

Name is Jon. Been to WDW about 18 times in my 29 years of life. Now have a 5 year old and taking her to WDW this Sept for the first time. We breathe, sleep, eat disney at my house. From "Under the sea" alarm music, to Frozen fruit snacks, to one Disney movie before bed. Can't wait for her to see the real deal in Sept.

Howdy fell’as!
This thread is just here to catch your eye. The club really conducts id normal business (if you can call being perpetually off topic “business”) over in the 33rd edition of our perpetually rolling thread that’s currently titled:

“DDC XXXIII: Bad Idea Factory!!!”

You’ll see it a few notches down in the general DisDad’S forum or you can
just give this here link a click ===> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3307356

Come on over there and introduce yourselves once more and you’re pretty much accepted into the group. And just for making the effort, Randall (the Penguin King) will assign you an official member number. So jump on over to the regular club house and we’ll git you squared away. :thumbsup2

hey guys. My name is Andy. I'm 29, and have the cutest lil 8 yr old daughter. I have been wanting to go to DW for the longest but I finally convinced my entire family to join me. My first trip will be on Nov 20-27 2014, and I already have a 2nd trip planned to take my daughter for her birthday next year. Glad to be part of the group

Hi guys,

I'm James, I'm 37and and I'm a Disney dad!

So glad I found this forum as it will give me a great chance to converse with like-minded dads and wear my disney badge of honor with pride :-)

I'll be back in WDW next month with my wife and three kids and we can't wait.

See you guys in the forum!
James

Hi guys,

I'm James, I'm 37and and I'm a Disney dad!

So glad I found this forum as it will give me a great chance to converse with like-minded dads and wear my disney badge of honor with pride :-)

I'll be back in WDW next month with my wife and three kids and we can't wait.

See you guys in the forum!
James

Howdy James!
Glad you found us. Now come on over to the current official club house and introduce yourself to the regulars. We'll get you your official DDC number and offer up a proper welcome. Just give this link a click and jump on into the conversation...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358596

Hey guys. Just posted in the DDC XXXIV thread. My name is Hunter and I'm from southern Delaware. Happy to be here.

You've found us!!

You have just stumbled upon the Dis Dad's forum!!! Please read the criteria on becoming a DIS Dad- the process is very grueling:

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HEREHERE[/URL]
2) If you fit into 1 or 100 of the categories....
3) Tell us about yourself and
4) You're IN!

Cinderella's Fella, AKA the man who hands out the official club number, will be around to welcome you shortly!!!!
Hi there. I can answer positively for most of your criteria for membership. I also qualify as a dis papaw but I don't see a group for that :) .
Location: Jacksonville - a.k.a the armpit between Florida and Georgia
Family Situation: Married for 24 years. 3 daughters and twin 2 year old grandsons and a 4 year old granddaughter
Pets: way too many but my favorites are my great dane "Odin" and my parrot "Calypso"
Favorite Food: I know it sounds silly but cornbread and pinto beans with hot sauce.
Favorite Drink: Salty Dawg

Hi there. I can answer positively for most of your criteria for membership. I also qualify as a dis papaw but I don't see a group for that :) .
Location: Jacksonville - a.k.a the armpit between Florida and Georgia
Family Situation: Married for 24 years. 3 daughters and twin 2 year old grandsons and a 4 year old granddaughter
Pets: way too many but my favorites are my great dane "Odin" and my parrot "Calypso"
Favorite Food: I know it sounds silly but cornbread and pinto beans with hot sauce.
Favorite Drink: Salty Dawg

Welcome! If you post over in the main thread of randomness, our Chief Bacon Officer Randall will give you your number.

Hello DisDads.

I definitely qualify for being a Disney Dad.
1. My family calls me Commando Disney Dad. Rope Drop, have a plan for the day, squeeze out a ton of fun every day, enjoy the resorts, etc.
2. My wife & I had our honeymoon at WDW.
3. We bought into the DVC several years ago since we were going almost every year anyway.
4. Love looking for Hidden Mickeys
5. I order the annual vacation planning DVD and park maps because I like them.
6. Most of our DVD collection contains some sort of Disney Princess or Pixar film.
7. Yes, I own Disney stock.
8. And.....I have the Big Yellow Mickey Slippers that I wear around the house.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Hello DisDads.

I definitely qualify for being a Disney Dad.
1. My family calls me Commando Disney Dad. Rope Drop, have a plan for the day, squeeze out a ton of fun every day, enjoy the resorts, etc.
2. My wife & I had our honeymoon at WDW.
3. We bought into the DVC several years ago since we were going almost every year anyway.
4. Love looking for Hidden Mickeys
5. I order the annual vacation planning DVD and park maps because I like them.
6. Most of our DVD collection contains some sort of Disney Princess or Pixar film.
7. Yes, I own Disney stock.
8. And.....I have the Big Yellow Mickey Slippers that I wear around the house.

Looking forward to being part of the community.
:welcome: to our corner of the internet. Make sure you stop over on the main thread HERE

Hey DIS Dads, I am a 35 yr old graphic designer with a family who loves Disney and go annually at least once since 2006. If I could move to FL and work in WDW I would most likely do it haha. Currently trying to find my way to work within the Mouse House and create something that brings smiles and happiness to all. Addicted to Sorcerer Radio as well. Going to Disney again in Dec 29- Jan 3.

All of these below apply to me!
  • Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
  • You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
  • You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids). :yay:
  • When planning family reunions, class reunions, and job conventions you always plan them at Disney World.
  • You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
  • You debate with your kids about who would win a light saber battle between Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader. :darth::smickey:
  • Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
  • You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  • You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well.
  • You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office."
  • You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs.
  • All of your family photos seem to be taken at WDW.
  • You constantly watch disney movies.
  • You wear a matching Disney shirt with your kids to the parks.
  • You listen a WDW podcast or park music (ie, the old Illuminations pre show) while working out in the gym. :music:
  • Your boss quits asking where you are going on vacation - he already knows.
  • You swore that when you had kids that they'd get to experience the world. Little did you know that once you experienced "THE WORLD" you would be hooked!
  • Your kids get a kick out of a grown man (YOU) becoming a kid as soon as the Disney subject comes up.
  • You only feel fulfilled when you know you have another trip on the horizon.
  • You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well). :confused3
  • You use your kids as an excuse for all the people who ask why you're going back to WDW again. "It's for the kids!" Although the people who know you best know not to believe that.
  • Simply put...there is no place you would rather go on vacation than at WDW, Disneyland, on a Disney Cruise, or at any of the Disney resorts over seas.
  • Your personal slogan is..."Life is short, spend your time with DISNEY."
  • You've been to Walt Disney World too many times to count. It almost feels like you grew up there.
  • You know you are a DIS Dad's Club member when your mother in law says you have a "Disney problem."
  • Every weekend you have "Disney Movie Night" with your family.
  • Your kids insist on going to Disney every vacation. When you ask if they're getting tired of it yet, they look at you like you've grown a second head.
  • When it comes to Disney World you just can't get enough!!! No matter how many times you go!
  • It is easier to list all of the criteria here that do not apply to you than it is to list the ones that do.
  • Your passion for Disney is strong but you would rather get soaked before using your wife's/daughter's Tinker Bell umbrella.
  • Your Christmas tree has all Disney ornaments on it.
  • You've gone to disney for so many vacations that your kids think the word "vacation" is just a short way to say, "Trip to Disneyworld."
  • Sometimes you feel like you are more excited about being able to take your Family to WDW... than they are about going...and they get pretty excited.
  • You have endured or are willing to endure the hazing process to become a DIS Dad's Club Member which involves...... Walking until your legs and feet ache, crowded queues with hundreds of strangers, standing in the hot Florida sun until your skin burns, and finally emptying your wallet of any savings.
  • You've been to WDW more than 15 times in your life
  • You have Mickey shaped egg forms, ice cube trays, or any other Mickey cookware in your kitchen

Last edited:
Hey DIS Dads, I am a 35 yr old graphic designer with a family who loves Disney and go annually at least once since 2006. If I could move to FL and work in WDW I would most likely do it haha. Currently trying to find my way to work within the Mouse House and create something that brings smiles and happiness to all. Addicted to Sorcerer Radio as well. Going to Disney again in Dec 29- Jan 3.
Welcome to our little corner of the internet! Check out the main thread HERE! Randall will be around to present you with your official DDC number.

The DIS Dad's Club Criteria:

Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid. Maybe a 13 year old.
You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid. Definitely!!
You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids). Definitely!!
You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World. I have planned two trips at the same time. lately I wait several months after our last trip.
Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes). I used to be like that but the kids are grown now. I cry when I watch Wishes & Nemo with DD.
Your portfolio includes stock in Disney. Sort of, my late mother had Disney stock.
You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).Oh yeah!!
You have Disney songs on your MP3 player. No MP3 player but I do listen to D-Cot ALOT!!!
You have Disney Fonts and Icons as well. nope
You have Disney knicknacks all over your "man cave/dude room/office." My office is an advertisement for Disney. It is the most admired by all the Disney fanatics where I work. When parents bring their young uns to work they pass by my office. I have a bunch of Disney character figurines handy to give out.
You drink your coffee from one of your multiple Disney mugs. Not a coffee drinker so no mugs.
You have an Animated Mickey Watch. Nope.
You have Goofy slippers, Mickey PJs and a lot of other Disney clothing. I sometimes sleep in Disney shirts.
You have Disney Character ties to wear (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.). Don't wear a lot of ties.
You have a Disney background on your laptop with a count down calender on it. np count down calendar but I do have a Disney background.
All of your family photos seem to be taken at WDW. Close.
You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now In DW's car. My car is a 1997 Accord and the radio barely works.
You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise." not quite
When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers. DW is not a big fan of the DIS.
You sold your Disney stock so you could buy into the DVC. not even close

I could naturally go on and on, like the rest of you!

Please count me in?

Hi Dads, I’m Steven! I’m 34 and have been a DL AP holder for the majority of my life. I’ll be heading to WDW for the first time ever with my wife, nine & one year old daughters in just a week!

Hi Dads, I'm Dustin and I'm 40 been to Disney every chance we can get. I have 3 Children 2 of which are Twins. I love Alabama Football and Fast Cars! We watch disney cartoons everyweek and planning a trip again this Fall. Plus I have an awesome wife!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!