SorcererC

Earning My Ears
We have our very first stay as DVC members coming up in just 8 days! Our kids still don't know we're going or that we are DVC members (they listen to the podcast with me and will be out of their minds when they find out). We're doing a 4 resort split stay:

2 nights @ Poly (studio, actually have 2 rooms since we gifted 1 to family)
1 night @ Riv (preferred studio, also have 2 rooms due to family)
2 nights @ AKV (1 bedroom, I am so excited! We've never done this!)
2 nights @ CCV (our home resort, staying in a studio)

We're only doing 3 days in the parks, trying to enjoy the resorts more than the last time we visited and minimize exposures. And OF COURSE the temps are forecast to drop to the 60s! Perfect for park days, not so much for pool days. This is mirroring our last December WDW trip in 2010 when there was a record cold snap (like, freezing cold snap). So not quite as bad, but not exactly what we had pictured.

Two questions: 1. Do you still do the pools when temps are in the 60s? 2. Where can I find a list of what is in the different resort rooms? Specifically, is laundry a thing I can do in the room at AVK (the 1 bedroom)?

We have our very first stay as DVC members coming up in just 8 days! Our kids still don't know we're going or that we are DVC members (they listen to the podcast with me and will be out of their minds when they find out). We're doing a 4 resort split stay:

2 nights @ Poly (studio, actually have 2 rooms since we gifted 1 to family)
1 night @ Riv (preferred studio, also have 2 rooms due to family)
2 nights @ AKV (1 bedroom, I am so excited! We've never done this!)
2 nights @ CCV (our home resort, staying in a studio)

We're only doing 3 days in the parks, trying to enjoy the resorts more than the last time we visited and minimize exposures. And OF COURSE the temps are forecast to drop to the 60s! Perfect for park days, not so much for pool days. This is mirroring our last December WDW trip in 2010 when there was a record cold snap (like, freezing cold snap). So not quite as bad, but not exactly what we had pictured.

Two questions: 1. Do you still do the pools when temps are in the 60s? 2. Where can I find a list of what is in the different resort rooms? Specifically, is laundry a thing I can do in the room at AVK (the 1 bedroom)?
1. No, we don’t do pools when temps are in the 60s, because getting out is too uncomfortable! We’re from the south, though, so I know others are fine.
2. Yes, the 1 BR will have a W/D. They’re apartment size, so be prepared to do several loads if you’re washing for a family! If you’re asking about other equipment (e.g., types of pots and pans, etc.), I think there’s a list on the member website. If not, try DVCnews.com.
PS we were at WDW in January 2010 too! Brrrr!! 🥶

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter