Welcome gift and other questions

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
I am joining the Loews card and want to know what is the best gift. I am deciding between the wine for me, cookies for the kids, or bottled water since we drink a lot of it. Not into the fruit unless it is just great. Any advice?

Second,
What are the coolest and best restaurants to eat at while we are there?
I would like to try Emeril's. What is the difference between the Emeril's at Citywalk and the one in RP? When can I get reservations? Are kids frowned upon in Emeril's and if so, what do you know about the kids club at the hotels?
Other restaurants that the kids will like? Good food? Do we need reservations at them or can we wait and have the hotel make them for us when we check in?
Also, will HRH and RP put clean bedspreads and blankets on out beds for us if we ask? I have heard that hotels reuse them over and over. Can we request to be on a pet free floor?
Thanks,
Lo

I'm too fussy about my wine to leave that to chance and I can pick up water (or wine) at the grocery store.

In other posts I've read, the fruit-basket was not recommended but there were raves about the cookies.

I have a 6 year old who would be pretty happy about seeing milk & cookies when she gets in the room, so I have no other choice!

Cheers.

Also, will HRH and RP put clean bedspreads and blankets on out beds for us if we ask? I have heard that hotels reuse them over and over.

I've heard this, too. Can it be true? Somone please answer, because if it's true, I'm definitely going to make a special request for freshly-washed bedding at check-in!

Often the welcome gift is NOT in your room at check-in. I have had to call more often than not to get it delivered. If you will be arriving in the late afternoon, figure out if you think they will bring the cookies in time for your kids--or if wine for a "nightcap" might suit you better.

By the way, the white wine at PBH is always a Pinot Grigio to go with the Italian theme. (And if you like pinot grigio it's quite good.)

Do they get the welcome gift each night of stay? Also I read that they were doing something for a good report card. Is this still true? What does this consist fo?

Thanks for any help!

The welcome gift is only for the first night - but it appears to take several nights before you get it!! We never got ours - but we only stayed 2 nights.

We opted for the red wine. We didn't check into our room until after 2 AM due to departure delays/snow etc. Wine was there that afternoon, very nice set up, with napkin round bottle, cork screw and two wine glasses. We never drank the wine there. Took it with us to WDW and then back home. We drank it a couple of weeks ago. It was very good, worth the effort to bring it home!

We really enjoyed PBH...wouldn't hesitate to return. Service was excellent, staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

We enjoyed dining at mama della's. food was great, service was very friendly and singing waiter was excellent. It was just fun to be part of the "family".

We also dined at Emerils. Made reservations 6 mos in advance. Big disappointment. Didn't see any kids there that evening. Not sure menu would appeal to kids, and don't know if they have a childs menu.

Have fun planning and enjoy your trip.

We were at PBH Dec. 28 through New Year's. It took an extra phone call our second day to get our Loew's card welcome gift, but it was worth it. They sent Loew's Hotel sand buckets filled with candy and Rugrat stuffed toys for each of my boys. They loved them! We have stayed at each of the on site hotels many times and this was by far the best welcome gift we've gotten. Perhaps it was a holidays only thing?

I'm with you on the clean bedding issue. I always ask for additional flat sheets to triple sheet our beds wherever we're staying and have always been accommodated. PBH already had the beds made up this way AND extra towels in that marvelous bathroom.

As for restaurants for the kids, nothing beats good old Hard Rock Cafe. No matter how tired, loud or dirty my three boys are from a day in the park, they are always warmly welcomed at Hard Rock. The activity and noise levels in the restaurant are very kid friendly; definitely not a place for a quiet, romantic dinner, though! They have several kids' meals options. I think in the past I have also gotten priority seating there just by showing my on site hotel keycard. Cut the wait time to just 10 minutes instead of over an hour.

Enjoy your Loew's on site stay. You will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter