Weird question?

J

JenniferW

My hubby and I postponed our trip since I was pg and decided it would break my heart to sit and watch others ride my favorite rides when I couldn't but now the baby should be arriving any day and are planning our trip for November. Yeah! Now comes the dilemna...

My parents have offered to drive down and babysit for a day while we go to the parks. They do not want to go to the parks, but want to see us and the baby. Have ressies to stay at Royal Pacific but only for us and baby, not my folks.

Is it possible for us to get 2 keys and leave one with them so they can go in and out of the room and hang out at Citiwalk, but not use the park privileges? That way we can go on the rides while they hang out with the baby for a bit. They tend to be the type who would be happy to wander about. Or because there is a baby will be get 3 keys since she is a 3rd person, but not going to use the park part.

Also, if you don't get admission to the parks are you able to eat at Mythos? We were planning on meeting them for lunch at Citiwalk, but Mythos would be even more convenient.

It seems that if we had the baby the whole day and just meet them after the parks closed which is the other option, there isn't much she can ride at only 9 months or so. Figured it would be easier since my parents are so eager anyways.

Worst case would be to take the baby and meet up for lunch at Citiwalk, let them take her then, ride until the parks close and then meet up with them again. That way none of these issues would come up, but seems a bit fo a pain.

Any ideas on this one?

Jenn

You should be able to get 4 keys if you want, because rooms can accommodate 4 guests. (Baby doesn't count). You do need an admission ticket for Mythos, because it's more in the middle of the park. If you want to do rides, you could go by yourselves using your fotl pass, and one can stay with the baby, taking turns.

Thanks for the info. I guess we can meet them at Citiwalk for lunch, it's all so close by. I hate to do the babyswap on everything as I want to beat my hubby in Men In Black! Also, love to see the look on his face as we ride the rollercoasters, water rides, etc.

I just feel so lucky that my parents are so eager to babysit. They keep trying to figure out when they are going to see us this year since they live 3000 miles away and this is their first grandchild!

Jenn

Congratulations on the new baby Jennifer, how exciting:Pinkbounc

You can have lunch with your parents at Mythos even if they dont have a ticket into the park. Check with Guest Services at your hotel or the park for more info. They stamp the time and give you a certain amount of time to eat. You will love the meal there...yummy:)

As far as room keys go...will you have your park passes on the key? (I dont even know if they do that?) Maybe the LOS passes. Anyway...you should get one key per person on the reservation for your room. The hotels have such beautiful grounds and your parents should have plenty to do while you enjoy the parks. They can also take the boat over to City Walk if they want.

yes, i was wrong before. i read in another post that you can go to guest services and buy a "dining only" pass to get into the park. You get priority seating at Mythos, then when you get your dining receipt at the end of your meal, you have 1/2 an hour to go back to guest services and receive a refund for the dining only ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter