Weird disney perks

Hzuiel

Earning My Ears
This seemed odd to me and I just wanted to get other's opinion and input. I booked a trip for the near future, and was informed that my perks for booking a package with disney include free tickets to ESPN wide world of sports. I can't figure out if I am missing something here, but that seems to be a rather odd and useless perk, since there's nothing listed to do there except watch school sporting events. If you were going to watch your child compete, you'd already be getting tickets there and probably not going to the parks so no package. If you have a package you're probably going to the parks mostly. Am I missing something here? I would love to be excited about that perk but it seems like a waste.

I am not as experienced with disney as a lot of people, so it is hard for me to say if this is a good example, but I have seen a lot of people complain here and on other boards about how disney has slowly but surely gotten rid of a lot of free or included things that used to make disney top tier above other places to vacation. I got the disney visa and a disney package and looking at the perks they seem fairly pathetic, in most cases it's just like 10% off limited items at limited locations, with miles of fine print to hide how bad it actually is. I get the impression that it was not always this way. I used the visa on shopdisney and thought i would get 10% off of the whole cart. Nope, 10% of 1 item in the cart, and the lowest priced one at that.

At least the free minigolf sounds good.

I think the free entry to ESPN WWoS has been included as a "Magical Extra" for packages for several years. It's not a particularly helpful extra as far as I know, though there are folks who book a package vacation separate from what a sports group offers. So maybe they use it. It's been a while since we booked a package, but we have only ever used one or two of the restaurant discounts, and maybe a mini-golf entry. Those extras don't have a whole lot of value unless you really plan towards them.

The Disney Visa discount at shopdisney does have what looks to be a long list of exclusions. I think it's mainly high-end name-brand stuff like Dooney & Bourke bags or Pandora jewelery or limited edition items. Not knowing what you purchased, I can't say whether you should have received a discount on more items. I've been a DisneyVisa cardmember since "Day 1" but it has never had particularly great discounts or offers; I'm not sure much has eroded there, since it wasn't much to begin with.

I think the free entry to ESPN WWoS has been included as a "Magical Extra" for packages for several years. It's not a particularly helpful extra as far as I know, though there are folks who book a package vacation separate from what a sports group offers. So maybe they use it. It's been a while since we booked a package, but we have only ever used one or two of the restaurant discounts, and maybe a mini-golf entry. Those extras don't have a whole lot of value unless you really plan towards them.

The Disney Visa discount at shopdisney does have what looks to be a long list of exclusions. I think it's mainly high-end name-brand stuff like Dooney & Bourke bags or Pandora jewelery or limited edition items. Not knowing what you purchased, I can't say whether you should have received a discount on more items. I've been a DisneyVisa cardmember since "Day 1" but it has never had particularly great discounts or offers; I'm not sure much has eroded there, since it wasn't much to begin with.

It was avatar disney ears, a madalorian lego set, and a set of covid masks, which were $28 $30 and $20 respectively, and it took $2 off of the masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter