Weight Watching While at the World

anniet

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone-

while walking around Animal Kingdom with my wish buddy, TammyNC, we thought it would be a great idea to try to collect nutritional information on anything we can and post the information and points values here- Unfortunately it was late in the day when we thought of this and it was while dh was getting an ice cream sandwich so I managed to get the cast member to show me the info on 3 ice cream treats, so here's the start of a list

Chocolate Chip cookie ice cream sandwich 520 cals/23g fat/1gfiber=12 points
Mickey's Premium Ice Cream 330cals/22gfat/1gfiber= 8 points
Orange Juice Bar 100cals/0fat/0fiber=2 points

If you want to help out and add to this list- I would suggest that you ask for nutritional information whenever you can, write it down, figure the points and add to this thread- I'm hoping this will grow and become a great resource to people who are trying to stay On Plan while visiting Walt Disney World.

Nestle Crunch Vanilla Ice Cream Bar 270cals/19gfat/0gfiber = 7 points
Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar 330cals/22gfat/1gfiber = 8 points

wow, thanks for the nutritional information. Whenever I travel I try to stay at a hotel that has a workout room so I can get up early to get in a few minutes of exercise or do it after a day of touring and before dinner. Another thing I'm using now is something called PUSH. It's a program where you get customized DVD workouts and they're easy to do when you're traveling...you can just pop them into your own portable DVD player or one at the hotel.

We leave for WDW on July 19th so I will look for more when I am there. I just started back on WW a few days ago. Really appreciate the extra support here.

Good thread! Any updates? I'm heading to the World in Jan! :cool1: Anyone know how many points those Dole Whips are?

YAY. I was wondering if there was anywhere that had Weight Watcher points for around WDW.

I have been on WW since Labor Day of 06. I originally lost 50 pounds but this past summer gained 16 back as I was lack in keeping track of what I was putting in my mouth. But I am back in the saddle and reaching for my goal again.

Oooo! Good question! I want to know about the Dole Whips too! I always have them when I go to Disney. They are my favorite!

Oooo! Good question! I want to know about the Dole Whips too! I always have them when I go to Disney. They are my favorite!

Went to their site and worked it out using their Nutritional info, it comes out to 1 point! :eek:

1/2 cup is the serving and it only has 72 calories, .5 gm of fat and 18 carbs and 0 fiber. Its non dairy, Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free & Gluten Free to boot!

Went to their site and worked it out using their Nutritional info, it comes out to 1 point! :eek:

1/2 cup is the serving and it only has 72 calories, .5 gm of fat and 18 carbs and 0 fiber. Its non dairy, Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free & Gluten Free to boot!

That is the best news ever!

Anyone try to go to WW meetings while at the World? I'd love to know where the good meeting is!

Hi!
I'll be at WDW from 3/28 to 4/4. I've lost 26 pounds so far this year and want to continue that progress. This will be the first time in over 30 trips that we plan to eat really healthy meals. I do WW Online but I don't plan to count points that week. Because it's so difficult to find nutritional information at WDW, I just don't think it would be accurate. Here are our strategies. I will say that I am very fortunate in that both my husband and daughter (both are average sized to thin) are completely supportive of our new way of life. We''re choosing to pass on the DDP because the Dining Plan gives you desserts for both CS and TS and that's just not going to be a part of our week at Disney. We also plan to share meals which is harder on the DDP.

We're using menus from the restaurants to plan on eating at places where we know healthy food exists. Epcot is the best for this - Tangerine Cafe, Yakitori House, and Sunshine Seasons are all great places to get a good meal and we love all three.

For TS, we're actually choosing two buffets. Both are traditions for us and both are places where I know I can eat lots of veggies. Boma is one and the Crystal Palace is the other. Obviously, Crystal Palace will be harder. Our third TS will probably be Yak and Yeti - need to call for ADR's.

We're also staying at Pop rather than a DVC resort this time. I actually feel more comfortable at Pop with their food court.

I do plan to treat myself when it's important. One of our favorite things to do is to arrive at the MK early with the crowds and then buy some French Toast loaf from the bakery. We head over to a very quiet Frontierland and eat our breakfast while watching everyone rush around. We love those mornings and plan to do that again.

Lastly, I'm beginning C25K. I plan to take two weeks for every week on C25K which puts me at about week four when we head to Orlando. I plan to do my three weekly workouts while we're there in addition to all the walking.

Anyway, those are my strategies for now.

So exciting to hear about the Dole Whip!! I'm actually a SoCal resident who frequents the Land all of the time and it just so happens that I'm going there today! Now I will treat myself to a Dole Whip! :goodvibes

While I'm there I'll bring my WW point slider and see if I can round up a few more items and their points!

Absolutely! There are a ton of great threads about health, diet, and fitness on the WISH boards! Check them out. :goodvibes

I've just lost 11 pounds in the last 3 weeks so I'm hoping I don't put too much weight on while I'm in Orlando.

Just need to watch those pancakes and maple syrup and I'll be ok !

Dole whips are dairy-free?! really!?! :banana:

Great thread, I have lost 25+ pounds in the last 6 months. But my plan is to eat light breakfast, salad type meal for lunch, and eat what I want for dinner! I am going to try and get up early a couple of days each week and workout, hoping that my weight will not balloon while on vacation for 12 days! Great advice on the dole whips, and I am feeling sick about the ice cream cookies though:laughing:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!