Weekend cruise to Bahamas with Dorian

Setsail71

Earning My Ears
We leave Friday for a quick 3-day Bahamas cruise.
No word yet from Disney, but surely this will be canceled. The storm won’t be a hurricane by then but there is no way we’ll be able to dock anywhere with 40-50 mph winds and rain. Would the ship just go anyway? Too short a trip to reroute anywhere. I don’t want to be in rough seas for 3 days with no chance of docking.

All you can do is wait. Maybe docking in Nassau on Saturday might still work, but Castaway Cay is going to be very tricky.
With previous cancellations guests reported a full refund and a discount on a next cruise.

Won’t be a hurricane by the time it hits bahamas, just a tropical storm. You might just be spending a couple days at sea just unable to dock. Happened to us. Poured rain, rough but not unsafe seas. Disney did what it could but with everyone inside, kids club was slammed. I would rather have had the trip cancelled because we spent thousands for the entire trip inside and everyone sick from the motion.

Won’t be a hurricane by the time it hits bahamas, just a tropical storm. You might just be spending a couple days at sea just unable to dock. Happened to us. Poured rain, rough but not unsafe seas. Disney did what it could but with everyone inside, kids club was slammed. I would rather have had the trip cancelled because we spent thousands for the entire trip inside and everyone sick from the motion.

Then still all you can do is wait. If ship does set sail, you can cancel yourself based on your experiences at the last moment, but then probably no refund and the money is lost anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!