Week BEFORE SWGE filling up?

AndreaA

DIS Veteran
I currently have YC reservations for Aug10-17 and thought that Aug17-24 might be even less crowded (kids back in school, crowd calendars show green), so I booked BCV for that week but now I’m seeing that there are MORE resort rooms available on the earlier week!

Are that many people really moving back to escape the opening - or maybe moving forward to luck out on soft openings?

ARGH! I want to be able to cancel one of my reservations and dump my dining reservations!

Everyone is playing the guessing game here as to which week will be less crowded. No winners here, since it is expected to be busy no matter what.

Perhaps the later week is still busy cause it's still close to SWGE's opening day overlapping with guests who plan to be there. Just a theory anyway. There's no real way to decide what the right call is here.

Schools aren't universally back in school by the second week, either. Most of the Northeast starts after Labor Day, and in the mid-Atlantic I think either the week before or the week after Labor Day are common. I hope crowds for either week turn out to be low for you!

We are in a similar situation...debating to visit 8/17-24 but not so sure now...I'm worried about crowds the week before. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter