Week After Thanksgiving

Wow, I'm glad I called in our BBB early! We have an appt on Thursday at 10:10. What indeed is going on?

I mean it's probably just gonna be busy (which we can handle because we're planners) but it's still fun to sleuth it out with fellow DL fans.
The weird thing is we’re staying on site & got a better deal than past years. And it’s weird they’d refurb Indiana Jones when crowds will be high. Last year crowds were great Tuesday & Wednesday so hopefully it won’t be bad!

The weird thing is we’re staying on site & got a better deal than past years. And it’s weird they’d refurb Indiana Jones when crowds will be high. Last year crowds were great Tuesday & Wednesday so hopefully it won’t be bad!

Interesting. We are staying on property too, for the first time. I took the leap because it was a pretty good deal even though we'd already booked for BWPPI. It'll be interesting to come back to this thread after we all return home and hear how it went for everyone.

Yes, I would love to hear everyone's experience when we return!

We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2016. Tuesday - Thursday were great! The park closed at 9 each night as I recall. Glad it's 11 pm this year.

Friday was much more crowded and the park was open until midnight. We did a special PTN dining package that night. Edit to note that PTN was in DL in 2016, not DCA, and it only ran on Friday, like Fantasmic this year. We are doing the BB Fantasmic package on Friday this time.

I am soooo excited - can't wait!

Last edited:

It’s interesting too that they shortened DL hours on Thursday but extended DCA hours that day so they’re both closing at 9.

Ooh that’s a thought!

I also still don’t see where Indy is down that week...
It’s not on the app, but it’s listed on the main Disneyland website under hours for each day. Looks like it’s going under refurb on Tuesday. Hopefully it’s a mistake!

Friday hours released... DL: 8am-midnight, Indy is back! Fantasmic 9 & 10:30.

We are there Tuesday-Sunday and we are glad to see Indy back during our trip.

Yay for Indy!

Hoping my DH will finally get to ride Indy. Two years ago he was steps away from getting on when it shut down and he never got a chance to go back. He isn't big into DL like me but I know he'll love Indy. When I was there in Feb, without DH, we rode it something like 6-7 times. We had to get all three scenarios before we went home, it was one of the goals.

One month form today I'll be in a park! Is everyone else getting ready? Starting to pack? I'm going to spend time this weekend working on some shirts for our trip and then also packing. I always pack way too early, but especially for DL because I'm too excited.

Anywho...just wanted to check in with my fellow traveling cohort! It's just around the corner!!

Arriving in 4 weeks for me! Still thinking and over thinking my plans a bit.

Yet to buy my DL tickets! Contemplating either buying it with Maxpass directly from Disney, or getting it from Undercover Tourist or similar at a discount but having to buy Maxpass each day then - the main worry is if the app has issues with my (non-US) credit cards. Don't really want to have to go to City Hall or something each day to buy Maxpass if it turns out the app doesn't like my cards...

Arriving in 4 weeks for me! Still thinking and over thinking my plans a bit.

Yet to buy my DL tickets! Contemplating either buying it with Maxpass directly from Disney, or getting it from Undercover Tourist or similar at a discount but having to buy Maxpass each day then - the main worry is if the app has issues with my (non-US) credit cards. Don't really want to have to go to City Hall or something each day to buy Maxpass if it turns out the app doesn't like my cards...

I've had similar conversations with myself about this and I always end up just buying from Disney to save myself the trouble. I love the idea of a deal, but I love the idea of trouble free more... I always wonder though, because for so many people it just seems to work out fine.

I've had similar conversations with myself about this and I always end up just buying from Disney to save myself the trouble. I love the idea of a deal, but I love the idea of trouble free more... I always wonder though, because for so many people it just seems to work out fine.

Yeah I suspect I'll probably end up buying from Disney with Maxpass included because of the worry about whether my cards will work on the app... (A few years ago I remember trying to book the Fantasmic dessert package, and despite all I tried to do on the phone with a couple of CMs and my bank my non-US card just wouldn't go through. My cards have always worked in person, it's just over the phone and online when sometimes things go weird. Probably relating to postcodes or addresses or something I suspect...)

It is so nice to just have MaxPass already attached! We are waiting until a couple days before to buy our tickets (my sister and I) because we're just going one day (Saturday the 1st) and haven't decided if we're going to do a park hopper or just do California Adventure. I am working on our shirts/outfits and crafting some tiny Santa hats to attach to some ears we already have. :)

It is so nice to just have MaxPass already attached! We are waiting until a couple days before to buy our tickets (my sister and I) because we're just going one day (Saturday the 1st) and haven't decided if we're going to do a park hopper or just do California Adventure. I am working on our shirts/outfits and crafting some tiny Santa hats to attach to some ears we already have. :)

Ooh I love the idea of little Santa hats to attach to ears! Please post pics!!

One month form today I'll be in a park! Is everyone else getting ready? Starting to pack? I'm going to spend time this weekend working on some shirts for our trip and then also packing. I always pack way too early, but especially for DL because I'm too excited.

Anywho...just wanted to check in with my fellow traveling cohort! It's just around the corner!!
I'll be leaving for Disney in 29 days!!! I'm so excited...I've got my outfits planned and I will be pulling out my Disney shirts soon and making sure they are washed/folded and ready to go. :)

We'll be there from 11/29 to 12/2 and plan to have a magical time regardless of the crowds. We hope to get a lot of our favorites in on Thursday and in the mornings on Friday/Saturday. All in all, just being there during the holidays is relaxing and boosts our holiday moods.

So I know I said above that I'd probably end up buying tickets from Disney directly due to having Maxpass added in... But just checked a couple of resellers and Undercover Tourist is $25 cheaper per ticket and LMT club is $50 cheaper per ticket for my 5 day park hopper! So I suspect I might end up with LMT club in the end (there are 3 of us so that $150 is a fairly significant savings - it's basically like getting the Maxpass for free!)

So I know I said above that I'd probably end up buying tickets from Disney directly due to having Maxpass added in... But just checked a couple of resellers and Undercover Tourist is $25 cheaper per ticket and LMT club is $50 cheaper per ticket for my 5 day park hopper! So I suspect I might end up with LMT club in the end (there are 3 of us so that $150 is a fairly significant savings - it's basically like getting the Maxpass for free!)
That is a pretty good deal! I’d probably do it too. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter